FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Rules on inflammatory posts?

Rules on inflammatory posts?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughtiness69 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Kinmel bay

I'm just wondering what the site forum rules are on inflammatory post and hate speach are?

Came across several posts on the virus thread basically saying all unvaccinated should be wiped out!

Now I'm no antivaxxer. By any stretch.

But I'm a firm believer in human rights and the ability of freedom of choice. (taking into account the vaccine does not stop transmission).

It seems as though this type of talk is perfectly acceptable?

If I said "If you could click your fingers and get rid of all the gays rightfully that post would be taken off of the forum!

Yet when speaking about a group of people that is diverse in there reasoning from alien conspiracys to genuine concerns to medically exempt. This type of speach is ok?

I honestly feel like I'm living in an alternate universe!!

Since when has it been ok to start demonising a group due to there beliefs no matter what you think??

Nobody else heard of the five steps to Tyrany?

It's genuinely getting scarry how blasé people are about this and hoping that the mods will step in and atleast post a message that accompanies these types of threads saying that this is paramount to genocidal talk.

Again we are not talking Vax Vs Antivax

We are talking about freedom of choice and hate speech becoming acceptable.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

Kinmel bay

And before anybody decides to state Freedom of speech. This is not this is hate speech.

Have a debate, dissagree call someone a name just don't talk about wiping them out or a group of people out.

Yes there are some views you wonder "what the hell was you dropped on your head". I.E the vaccine causing sterility and it being a control measure. But that's there belief.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you can report offensive posts and admin look into it... Not sure what action is taken, but i imagine they could have their account closed

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

It's not hate speech. Being anti vax isn't a protected characteristic.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

https://m.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Here are the forum rules. If a post breaks any of them report it and a mod will look at it.

Kinmel bay

"It's not hate speech. Being anti vax isn't a protected characteristic.

"

5 characteristics and Belief is one of those. The law groups as Religious beliefs but there are plenty of case studies shown where Belief has been used on its own merit.

Kinmel bay

"https://m.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Here are the forum rules. If a post breaks any of them report it and a mod will look at it. "

In reply to yourself and midnight the point I'm trying to raise is not about reporting a post it's about the fact these post are not being monitored as closely as they should. Maybe because people still feel it's a joke. But it should be taken more seriously. Hope you understand what I mean if not let me know as I may not be explaining as well as I could.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Here are the forum rules. If a post breaks any of them report it and a mod will look at it.

In reply to yourself and midnight the point I'm trying to raise is not about reporting a post it's about the fact these post are not being monitored as closely as they should. Maybe because people still feel it's a joke. But it should be taken more seriously. Hope you understand what I mean if not let me know as I may not be explaining as well as I could. "

We simply can't monitor every thread, that's why we rely on the reporting process.

Kinmel bay

In reply to yourself and midnight the point I'm trying to raise is not about reporting a post it's about the fact these post are not being monitored as closely as they should. Maybe because people still feel it's a joke. But it should be taken more seriously. Hope you understand what I mean if not let me know as I may not be explaining as well as I could.

We simply can't monitor every thread, that's why we rely on the reporting process. "

Fully understand that, I have reported the thread over a day ago. But the reporting aspect again is not what I am trying to bring attention too. I'm trying to bring attention to the fact only in that one area of the forum has it become commonplace and blasé to mention mass genocide?

I'm sure there are things that can be done without having to monitor every post as you say.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I feel the same way about the political forum. Because you voted for a different party and have a different opinion on something you're branded as an idiot or a 4 letter word beginning with C.

I hate it, surely everyone being different and having different thoughts is what makes the world go round?

Kinmel bay

"I feel the same way about the political forum. Because you voted for a different party and have a different opinion on something you're branded as an idiot or a 4 letter word beginning with C.

I hate it, surely everyone being different and having different thoughts is what makes the world go round? "

Without sounding rude. I'm all for the debate side of things and I'm no Sait I've called people a few choice words because there views don't line up with mine. Mainly flatearthers and antivaxxers.

But not 8n a million years would I talk about irradiating a group of people because of there beliefs. And that's what this boils down to and doesn't seem to be taken as serious as it should be.

There is 'hate' everyday on any number of threads...all platforms struggle with this..

I don't know how many mods there are, but with 30k+ uses on line at any time i think it is unrealistic to think someone can monitor postings that closely

I get what you are saying about having a specific 'virus' mod, but honestly i don't think that would resolve the issue - i struggle to keep up when following threads I'm interested in as they move so quickly

Also think about those who are typing such incendiary things.. Are they doing it BECAUSE they have an audience and they are getting attention? Perhaps if they are ignored, they'll eventually get bored?

I'd recommend taking a break from posters /certain forums if you are finding them triggering.. And use the block button, it is a good tool. Protect you health first OP

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Yes, so sections of society should be culled eh? Now where and from whom have we heard that sort of thing before?

The virus certainly has exposed an awful lot of folk from all sections of society for the utterly intolerant people they really are under their thin veneer of respectability. Some will live to regret things they've said and done over the last couple of years whilst others will continue to preach about basic freedoms and rights whilst having done their utmost to to undermine them.

It's sad that some people feel the need to resort to such grotesque abuse and even sadder that some of it seems to be tolerated here.

I’ve seen people get banned for the slightest thing. Think the site owners make their rules as they go along. Also the forum mods if they take a dislike to someone they use their ‘powers’ to ban them. It’s like the people that didn’t quite make the police