FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Why was this blocked?

Why was this blocked?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *m Normal OP   Man  over a year ago

Telford

I sent a message to a member. It was blocked, I'm accused of including a Web address. This is the content if the message:

Who knows

The chat started because she was the only member to see my post and warned me about taboo topics.

We chatted a bit about me dating her or fixing up with a friend. That's about it.

It's been over 24 hours since my virgin has replied. She has not replied for 2 days a while ago. Just as well I have a very well oiled thick skin. Never expect anything from Fab until it falls in your lap.

Can anyone see a Web address?

How do I contact admin? I now cannot contact recipient of that message for 2 hours

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Only thing I can think, is the use of the word fab.

By *dd_soxMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

Without seeking the whole message - it's hard to advise.

Contact admin of you wish to question this - but as the ban will most likely have expired by then - just chalk it down to experience

By *rs BxxWoman  over a year ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

Not sure how much of that is the actual message, but did it contain the word "taboo" you can use it in the forum or on your profile but not in a message. Instant block for 2 hours. I think the Web address warning is just a generic message

A phrase or a word can trigger an automatic ban iys lifts automatically, without knowing the contents it would be hard to say what it was

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Marlborough

The no web addresses thing is a little annoying, I’ve been caught out on that one before when sending a perfectly solicited web address!

Might it have been a typo? If you had multiple words separated by full-stops, then that would probably be read as a web address.

By *m Normal OP   Man  over a year ago

Telford

"Not sure how much of that is the actual message, but did it contain the word "taboo" you can use it in the forum or on your profile but not in a message. Instant block for 2 hours. I think the Web address warning is just a generic message "

There was no Web address. The word taboo was there.

Is there anywhere on the group where I can read what is and what is not allowed?

There is no list of words as people would just try getting round them

By *rs BxxWoman  over a year ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

"Not sure how much of that is the actual message, but did it contain the word "taboo" you can use it in the forum or on your profile but not in a message. Instant block for 2 hours. I think the Web address warning is just a generic message

Is there anywhere on the group where I can read what is and what is not allowed?"

That's what it would have been, I've used it and got a message ban before. Seems silly as it can be used on the forum and on profiles.

By *reedISgoodCouple  over a year ago

Ely

It is annoying as hell.

Unfortunately it just happens; sometimes you can spot what forbidden word you have used, other times you've no idea so you just have to wait out the ban.

The use of alternative messaging platforms once you know someone does remove the issue, but thats not particularly helpful in the early stages , and not great when you prefer to just use Fab to message!

"It is annoying as hell.

Unfortunately it just happens; sometimes you can spot what forbidden word you have used, other times you've no idea so you just have to wait out the ban.

The use of alternative messaging platforms once you know someone does remove the issue, but thats not particularly helpful in the early stages , and not great when you prefer to just use Fab to message! "

Just need to go with the flow then thats the rules lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The pop up gives you an example of what the block may be for for eg a link. I would say either the word taboo or whatever was the subject of the taboo that got a block

As the pop up says it should lift after a couple of hours

By *ralpleaseMan  over a year ago

El Campello, Alicante

I have been banned/blocked for using certain words in the forum but have never had any problems in a PM

By *illsandValleysCouple  over a year ago

Wallasey / Malvern

Could be virgin as in the media company

What’s your favourite drink? Taboo and lemonade? BLOCKED

Haha anyone remember that drink? Don’t see it that much any more, it was lovely!

By *illsandValleysCouple  over a year ago

Wallasey / Malvern

Haha, I remember launching Mirage and Taboo drinks which were launched by Harvey's, the sherry people in Bristol

"Not sure how much of that is the actual message, but did it contain the word "taboo" you can use it in the forum or on your profile but not in a message. Instant block for 2 hours. I think the Web address warning is just a generic message

Is there anywhere on the group where I can read what is and what is not allowed?"

Nope

because that would be too easy I guess

Instead you're left to clear the minefield by walking over it

» Add a new message to this topic