FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Compulsory photo verification?

Compulsory photo verification?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *G Couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

kent

Is it compulsory to photo verify now?

Some friends just joined but can't do anything untill they get photo verified?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Great idea. Let's hope it happens to everyone.

kent

"Great idea. Let's hope it happens to everyone."

They have deleted their profile. Oh well not everyone wants genuine peeps on the site we guess......

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I believe it is random.

But if they are genuine why not photo verify? It doesn't take much to do.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not for everyone no.It isn't a random thing

kent

"I believe it is random.

But if they are genuine why not photo verify? It doesn't take much to do. "

Maybe they want to check the site out before uploading personal photos.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe,but if they have been flagged to do a compulsory PV then as soon as hey have done that they will be able to use the site as they want

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

"Not for everyone no.It isn't a random thing"

Oh ok. My mistake then. I thought sometimes it was a random thing.

Learn something new everyday.

kent

"Maybe,but if they have been flagged to do a compulsory PV then as soon as hey have done that they will be able to use the site as they want"

They messeged us via WhatsApp to say they have joined with their username

We found them and verified them, seems as soon as we done that they couldn't do anything.

Oh well no bother. They have deleted their profile.

Norwich

"Great idea. Let's hope it happens to everyone.

They have deleted their profile. Oh well not everyone wants genuine peeps on the site we guess...... "

I think it's more the point that no one wants fakes and sometimes the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater

kent

They have deleted their profile. Oh well not everyone wants genuine peeps on the site we guess......

I think it's more the point that no one wants fakes and sometimes the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater "

No, no one wants fakes but also how many genuine people does it put off

kent

I think it's more the point that no one wants fakes and sometimes the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater "

If pv was compulsory when we joined, we wouldn't be here.

By *ohnandJulieCouple  over a year ago

I think it's more the point that no one wants fakes and sometimes the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater

If pv was compulsory when we joined, we wouldn't be here. "

Nor us.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

No, no one wants fakes but also how many genuine people does it put off"

We're not photo verified and wouldn't have joined if it was compulsory.

We're also not fake.

In our experience fakes are more likely to not show verifications or a verification summary, have no photos and a one sentence biog.

Winston

kent

No, no one wants fakes but also how many genuine people does it put off

We're not photo verified and wouldn't have joined if it was compulsory.

We're also not fake.

In our experience fakes are more likely to not show verifications or a verification summary, have no photos and a one sentence biog.

Winston"

You just described us to a tee

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

kilburn

I recommended the site to two people - both were asked to photo verify. They uploaded their pics but a week later, the profiles had not been verified so they deleted accounts.

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Great idea. Let's hope it happens to everyone."

Makes sense to me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I first came on this site in 2006-2007 soon as it came about. It was quiet on here but there people on here where the real deal. They where not fake, time wasters or exploiters of people's fun. It's come to the point that I'd say 90% of profiles bring concern on this site. There are genuine and they take caution to whom they talk too. The site owners need a foot up the arse ! There should be some genuine valuation procedure for proper users ! Sort it out fabs you make enough off site supporters !

By *ilkynmyzzyCouple  over a year ago

Bridlington

It seems to us that admin can't win. So many on here complaining about fakes yet so many others complaining about having to photo verify. The photos can be private so no one other than the mods verifying them can see them for the purpose of attempting to make sure it's a genuine new account.

We aren't sure if the random photo requirement was in place when we joined (we've been on here a long time), and if so we would have complied seeing as it's their site and their rules but at least admin are trying to do something to address the problem. And before anyone points out that we aren't photo verified, we were never asked to and our verification summary would prove we aren't fakes.

Does anyone have any better ideas on how fakes can be led out than the current set up?

Bridlington

*meant led not led.

Bridlington

Bloody hell. Auto correct. Weedled

By *an1978Woman  over a year ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I haven't photo verified yet.

I can't weigh up what to send.

Don't particularly want to send a nude out into then void, then again don't really want to show my face :/

(I don't have face pics on Facebook either)

I've been verified in person by multiple users, so I hope that is sufficient for most users to know I'm genuine.

Norwich

"

We aren't sure if the random photo requirement was in place when we joined"

It's already been explained that it's not random. Something else has flagged the profile for compulsory PV.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I haven't photo verified yet.

I can't weigh up what to send.

Don't particularly want to send a nude out into then void, then again don't really want to show my face :/

(I don't have face pics on Facebook either)

I've been verified in person by multiple users, so I hope that is sufficient for most users to know I'm genuine.

"

There is zero value in Photo Verification once you're verified in person. If the site didn't ask you to do it when you joined then it's not going to at all.

Cal

I think compulsory photo verification should be a thing.

Photo not to be used on profile but just to show you are who you say you are. Still now I'm constantly asked to "prove" who I am despite photo verification and meet verifications.

I think this is mainly down to fact that so many profiles are on here without any verification. If it was mandatory it should clear up a lot of the fake profiles and then us genuine users would have a lot more confidence in people being who they say they are.

By *69meMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

I think PV should be compulsory too.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

It might be a good time to mention that there are options to block non verified profiles on your account page.

By *rin258Woman  over a year ago

Kent

I’m not sure I understand photo verifications. There’s nothing stopping anyone using a legit photo of who they are and not displaying that original pic, then uploading photos of someone else.

For this reason, I don’t personally take any notice of photo veris, only meet veris.

But I do get, the idea of the photo verification will put a lot of fakes and time wasters off, leaving them to delete their accounts. It’s a good deterrent!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think compulsory photo verification should be a thing.

Photo not to be used on profile but just to show you are who you say you are. Still now I'm constantly asked to "prove" who I am despite photo verification and meet verifications.

I think this is mainly down to fact that so many profiles are on here without any verification. If it was mandatory it should clear up a lot of the fake profiles and then us genuine users would have a lot more confidence in people being who they say they are. "

I think it'd stop people verifying themselves. Like (I've only ever had one account on Fab, this isn't real) my verified mobile profile verifying my laptop profile and desktop profile. If admin are suspicious, they could confirm that the operator of each of these accounts is different.

"https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

It might be a good time to mention that there are options to block non verified profiles on your account page.

"

The site provides all the tools necessary to avoid the things we'd like to avoid.

Saves an awful lot of moaning and angst.

Winston

Great idea and I think single males should also have pay to join !!

kilburn

"

We aren't sure if the random photo requirement was in place when we joined

It's already been explained that it's not random. Something else has flagged the profile for compulsory PV.

"

Where is this explained ?

By *ornycouplepzCouple  over a year ago

here and there

We believe it should be compulsory to get photo verified on signing up ,it only takes a couple of minutes

Not sure how long the site's been going, but if making people PV solved all the "problems" people have with non PV profiles, it would be a thing by now.

Truth is, making all profiles PV would solve very few of these problems, whereas using the tools the site already gives us does exactly that.

We've never had a single problem with a non PV profile.

We use the filters. "Problem" gone.

Winston

Norwich

"

We aren't sure if the random photo requirement was in place when we joined

Where is this explained ?"

Earlier in this thread.

"Is it compulsory to photo verify now?

Some friends just joined but can't do anything untill they get photo verified?"

I only joined last month and didn’t need to get photo verified.

I had to photo verify, no biggie!

kilburn

Asked my friends to re-try registering - still stuck on verification even though they uploaded verification pics (with hands)

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Do they realise they don’t have to display their verification pic?

By *orkshirefucktruck1Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

this site really needs to do something over the fake profiles insteas of dragging their heels thinking everything is ok,we see many status stating they are fed up of reporting fakes and pic veri will reduce alot of it,the people getting removed simply set up a new profile within minutes so is pointless,like stated above ur pic doesnt have to be public,as for men thats had a cple profile but split up but kept the profile going,why do they do this,

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"this site really needs to do something over the fake profiles insteas of dragging their heels thinking everything is ok,,"

They don't.

If someone is reported as fake Admin investigate. There are no doubt some profiles that Admin decide are fake and they will deal with that. However there are people who report others as fake if they say no to a meet. We had one man change his profile header to say just that when we had said no thanks so sometimes people are being economical with the truth

The idea that Admin do nothing at all is also not true. I will paste what they say they do.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS compulsory PV will not stop others calling people fake. The best thing to do is use your filters as explained so you don't have to speak to unverified users and report anyone who you think are breaking site rules or could be fake and they will be looked into.