FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Screenshot blocking

Screenshot blocking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyEssexGuy OP   Man  over a year ago

southend

Sorry if it’s been brought up before.

Is there a way for this site to disable people to screen shot or right click save peoples photos?

I know certain apps disabled screenshots not sure if websites can.

I know it’s not fail safe but just helps us keep control over where our pics go.

I know there used to be fabswingers photo pages on imagefap as my friends fab pics are now all over the internet and she can’t do anything about it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The following is from the FAQs

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

There is nothing that can be done to stop folk using print screen, snipping tool, or any other program to take a screen capture. Videos are a little more complex to capture, but not that much.

Be mindful of what you post anywhere on the internet and crop your photos and videos well before uploading anything.

southend

Ah I didn’t think of looking in FAQ

I guess that all makes sense.

Hence why my photos will all stay private ha

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

"There is nothing that can be done to stop folk using print screen, snipping tool, or any other program to take a screen capture. Videos are a little more complex to capture, but not that much.

Be mindful of what you post anywhere on the internet and crop your photos and videos well before uploading anything."

To be fair. Videos can be just as easy to capture.

There are numerous programs that game streamers use that would easily capture a picture or video. And alot are free to use as well.

As the saying goes. If there is something you don't want others to see or risk being used elsewhere. Either keep it to friends only or private. Or don't upload at all.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ah I didn’t think of looking in FAQ

"

The FAQS are well worth reading. A lot of questions people ask are answered there

southend

"Ah I didn’t think of looking in FAQ

The FAQS are well worth reading. A lot of questions people ask are answered there "

I’m so used to FAQ being full of corporate made up questions that I just don’t bother with them anymore ha

By *unny girl7Woman  over a year ago

kidsgrove

And the moral to this quesion is-if you dont want your intimate images all over the internet-dont put them out there in the first place.

southend

"And the moral to this quesion is-if you dont want your intimate images all over the internet-dont put them out there in the first place. "

Yeah I stand by that but I do think some people get carried away.

So maybe this thread could work as a reminder and reality check to people.

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

When you upload pics to fab, only use them for fab and no other social media so of someone where to search your image it won't be found anywhere. I know that as soon as i upload a picture to here or anywhere that as soon as its out there, that's it , gone, I have no control over where ends up.

» Add a new message to this topic