FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Be able to block people who block you

Be able to block people who block you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heNerdyFemby OP   Woman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

There is a user on the site who has harassed me in the past (wont name names cos thats against the rules)

they have chosen to block me.

The problem being is I cannot block them while they have blocked me.

Now they have the choice to unblock me and harass me whenever they choose, but I cannot block them unless I catch them unblocking me and get the block in pro-actively.

The site should allow for blocks to be put in in both directions. I even tried manually on the block page but they do not appear on the list.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There is a user on the site who has harassed me in the past (wont name names cos thats against the rules)

Now they have the choice to unblock me and harass me whenever they choose, but I cannot block them unless I catch them unblocking me and get the block in pro-actively.

The site should allow for blocks to be put in in both directions. I even tried manually on the block page but they do not appear on the list."

You can block someone who has blocked you.

Just click on their profile the same way and when you get the "this profile has blocked you" screen, click blocked the same way you would if you could see their profile.

Failing that if you report them your profile will be removed from their block list so they won't be able to unblock you as and when they want to

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"You can block someone who has blocked you.

Just click on their profile the same way and when you get the "this profile has blocked you" screen, click blocked the same way you would if you could see their profile.

Failing that if you report them your profile will be removed from their block list so they won't be able to unblock you as and when they want to "

What she said

Next: How to avoid reading pointless replies to previous posts

Eastbourne (she/they)

"There is a user on the site who has harassed me in the past (wont name names cos thats against the rules)

The site should allow for blocks to be put in in both directions. I even tried manually on the block page but they do not appear on the list.

You can block someone who has blocked you.

Failing that if you report them your profile will be removed from their block list so they won't be able to unblock you as and when they want to "

On their profile page I don't have an option to block them, I also do not have an alert telling me I blocked them X days ago. All that is there is the notes button, the report button, the notice I am blocked and a link to my block list which they are not on.

I will try the report route to try and fix it though, thank you!

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Go to your block list.

At the top of the block list a 'search bar' for want of a better phrase can be found.

Type the other persons name into the search bar.

Press the block button.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Go to your block list.

At the top of the block list a 'search bar' for want of a better phrase can be found.

Type the other persons name into the search bar.

Press the block button. "

Did that, didn't work.

Thanks though!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you're using the mobile site have you clicked on the drop down at the top right of their profile, that's where the block button is.

Do you have a message from them? You can block from that.

If you can't find their profile copy the URL of yours and replace your profile name with theirs and block that way.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"If you're using the mobile site have you clicked on the drop down at the top right of their profile, that's where the block button is.

Do you have a message from them? You can block from that.

If you can't find their profile copy the URL of yours and replace your profile name with theirs and block that way."

Ok I took your advice about using the mobile site to do the block. I got an alert saying they were blocked, but they do not appear on my blocked list.

I also do not have the alert on their profile saying I have blocked them on the desktop site.

If they are blocked, great, but the site is making it incredibly hard to tell

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Have you reported them OP?

If you have the admin often put a permanent block between the 2 accounts but they don't show on your blocked list.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Have you reported them OP?

If you have the admin often put a permanent block between the 2 accounts but they don't show on your blocked list. "

I did earlier today after the first couple of replies, no reponce yet though, but I am not sure if that means anything or not

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

If you have the admin often put a permanent block between the 2 accounts but they don't show on your blocked list.

I did earlier today after the first couple of replies, no reponce yet though, but I am not sure if that means anything or not"

They won't reply as it would be too time consuming lots of ppl on this site mailing them lol I would take it as above has said the admin you reported too has done their job and you will be safe from harassment now xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If they have been messaging you, you can block through the message too. There’s an option to block user below the message text

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I did earlier today after the first couple of replies, no reponce yet though, but I am not sure if that means anything or not"

Admin won't get back to you.

I think you can safely assume you're blocked from each other from what you've said

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******