FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Auto delete inactive multis.

Auto delete inactive multis.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I noticed that in the FAQs the admins made reference to the useless and unenforceable disclaimer that people paste to their profiles and how it just takes up space on the servers, which I'm guessing will lag when crammed with an abundance of data.

I'm assuming that duplicate inactive profiles do the same thing, probably to a much worse degree?

My suggestion would be to delete duplicate profiles (that can clearly be seen to be duplicates) after they've been inactive for three months.

There's a guy in my area who currently has four profiles, all with almost identical usernames and all with identical pics, ages, locations and interests. He's obviously forgotten his logins, lost access to his e-mail account and can't reset his password or doesn't realise he can delete the obsolete profiles.

Three of his profiles have been inactive for between three months and a year and the fourth is his latest creation that he's actively using.

He can't be the only one doing this?

A quick search of another guys username shows about six variations of the username, with the same town and age listed on every profile, five of which haven't been logged into for many months.

A purge of these obvious duplicates (that are clearly not being used) would free up a lot of server space.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andamoCouple  over a year ago

thornton heath

It seems you're kinda obsessed with this guy.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"It seems you're kinda obsessed with this guy."

Or that you can't read. I refer to two prolific multis, neither of whom I'm interested in. Troll away, troll away.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"I noticed that in the FAQs the admins made reference to the useless and unenforceable disclaimer that people paste to their profiles and how it just takes up space on the servers, which I'm guessing will lag when crammed with an abundance of data.

I'm assuming that duplicate inactive profiles do the same thing, probably to a much worse degree?

My suggestion would be to delete duplicate profiles (that can clearly be seen to be duplicates) after they've been inactive for three months.

There's a guy in my area who currently has four profiles, all with almost identical usernames and all with identical pics, ages, locations and interests. He's obviously forgotten his logins, lost access to his e-mail account and can't reset his password or doesn't realise he can delete the obsolete profiles.

Three of his profiles have been inactive for between three months and a year and the fourth is his latest creation that he's actively using.

He can't be the only one doing this?

A quick search of another guys username shows about six variations of the username, with the same town and age listed on every profile, five of which haven't been logged into for many months.

A purge of these obvious duplicates (that are clearly not being used) would free up a lot of server space."

I think you're expecting Admin to do an awful lot of admin, trawling through literally thousands of accounts to play snap.

Winston.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 30/07/22 09:13:10]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There are probably many other good ways to restrict server and Internet bandwidth and it's good to get OP's suggestion. There's a tradeoff between investment in changes and savings realised, plus opportunity costs, of other improvements being delayed.

The often requested removal of the reposting of typically very long forum comments, as users add a few words of agreement/disagreement, when a 'like' type click could prevent this, is an obvious equivalent change that could be added, with the same benefits of bandwidth reductions, to the OP. It's Admins call, they'll know what could be involved, what's feasible, savings and costs, as well as their strategy. Admin do review all suggestions.

As duplicate profiles may also be used to escape blocks etc, it's worth reporting all unusual profiles and those with suspicious behaviour, etc.

We can each take steps to reduce space, by avoiding long repostings, being long-winded in our communication etc (I'm a bit of a gasser ). And site supporter purchase, helps to continue the development and upkeep of fab.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"There are probably many other good ways to restrict server and Internet bandwidth and it's good to get OP's suggestion. There's a tradeoff between investment in changes and savings realised, plus opportunity costs, of other improvements being delayed.

The often requested removal of the reposting of typically very long forum comments, as users add a few words of agreement/disagreement, when a 'like' type click could prevent this, is an obvious equivalent change that could be added, with the same benefits of bandwidth reductions, to the OP. It's Admins call, they'll know what could be involved, what's feasible, savings and costs, as well as their strategy. Admin do review all suggestions.

As duplicate profiles may also be used to escape blocks etc, it's worth reporting all unusual profiles and those with suspicious behaviour, etc.

We can each take steps to reduce space, by avoiding long repostings, being long-winded in our communication etc (I'm a bit of a gasser ). And site supporter purchase, helps to continue the development and upkeep of fab. "

W

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

The big difference is that number of profiles, active or not, increase the value of a website. Useless disclaimers cost money in the form of bandwidth.

» Add a new message to this topic