FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Visual marks on profiles for fakes

Visual marks on profiles for fakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ttmcdguy OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

milton keynes

This might have been previously posted

But

Today I organised to meet 2 guys

1 from here 1 from fab guys

At the same place!

Neither of them showed up

1 of them had 27 verifications

For last 2 days he has been online constantly chatting with me yet today he read my message early and not been back online since

I think that fab should mark their profiles to let genuine people know they are potentially a time waster

Anyone else think it’s good or bad idea ?

As we are not allowed to name and shame and only have positive verifications to judge

Don’t get me wrong I fully understand things can get in the way of a meet but both these guys could message me and also have a contact number for me

I’ve messaged both of them for an explanation before I report them to admin

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"This might have been previously posted

But

At the same place!

For last 2 days he has been online constantly chatting with me yet today he read my message early and not been back online since

I think that fab should mark their profiles to let genuine people know they are potentially a time waster

As we are not allowed to name and shame and only have positive verifications to judge

Don’t get me wrong I fully understand things can get in the way of a meet but both these guys could message me and also have a contact number for me

I’ve messaged both of them for an explanation before I report them to admin "

But how many others was he chatting to and scored with? He may have thought YOU were going to fail to turn up and went with what he thought was a surer thing.

Doesn't stop you getting pissed off though. I've booked days hols from work on the strength of similar and the entire things fallen through with not a dicky bird from any other party, until the day after "sorry, got my dates mixed up".

Like they can't reread a message!!

I'm thinking of starting going to gatehouse or Norwich sauna. At least you know SOMEBODY will be there!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But

At the same place!

No Fab should not mark their profiles....

Everyone is entitled to change their minds and not meet for sex.....

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

But

At the same place!

I've just reported you to Fab for not turning up to a meet, expect your profile to be marked as a timewaster.

Still think it's a good idea?

Of course, we've never spoken or arranged to meet, none of that is true.

Way too easy to be abused.

Winston

If he has 27 verifications he's not a fake or a timewaster.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"If he has 27 verifications he's not a fake or a timewaster. "

Exactly

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

A couple who now have 311 verifications said they would meet us in a club back in June. On the Friday they messaged and said they would see us there. They didn't turn up on the Saturday and hid their profile for a while, we had a good night in the club anyway. So we just put the info into private notes on their profile. We may have had Madness after Moonlight

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

"Like they can't reread a message!!

I'm thinking of starting going to gatehouse or Norwich sauna. At least you know SOMEBODY will be there!"

^^ Exactly. This is why we always go to clubs.

milton keynes

But

At the same place!

I've just reported you to Fab for not turning up to a meet, expect your profile to be marked as a timewaster.

Winston

"

Yes very good point but fab can see the message transcript between the 2 parties and make there own decision as to weather it legitimate claim or not !

But

At the same place!

Winston

Yes very good point but fab can see the message transcript between the 2 parties and make there own decision as to weather it legitimate claim or not ! "

We've been chatting to this member on WhatsApp for weeks, finally arranged a meet and he never turned up.

Admin please mark him as a timewaster.

Winston

milton keynes

"If he has 27 verifications he's not a fake or a timewaster.

Exactly"

So what exactly is he in your opinion?

As I thought exactly the same as you 2 did

milton keynes

But

At the same place!

Winston

Yes very good point but fab can see the message transcript between the 2 parties and make there own decision as to weather it legitimate claim or not !

We've been chatting to this member on WhatsApp for weeks, finally arranged a meet and he never turned up.

Winston "

As I said refer back to the message transcript

But

At the same place!

Winston

Winston

As I said refer back to the message transcript "

How does Fab review our WhatsApp message transcript?

Winston

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

This has been suggested in the past, however fab takes no responsibility for arranged meets.

Like someone has posted above, it's easily open to abuse.

We tend to stick to the clubs now as there is less chance of being let down.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

The idea that admin are going to start reading messages to try and work out of someone is a time waster or not is in the realm of fantasy, so whether it’s a good idea or not (and it’s not) you may as well forget about it.

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

If the system is open to exploitation, it will only be exploited by those with an axe to grind or worse.

There’ll be accusations thrown around that are unsubstantiated.

Totally unmanageable.

People can change their minds. Actually something may have happened or come up that means they couldn’t make it.

Their are numerous reasons for no shows. And trust me no shows are not just down to gender it is sadly common on all sides.

Is it frustrating? Yes

But I’m not for marking any profiles or even naming and shaming as I’ve seen.

Block them. Their loss

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

But

At the same place!

No Fab should not mark their profiles....

Everyone is entitled to change their minds and not meet for sex.....

"

I agree everyone can have a change of mind but don't agree they can mess people about and a quick message, even if it's "sorry won't be coming, lost my bottle" is acceptable.

A verification system letting you say, Joe Bloggs was a no show and a right for Joe Bloggs to respond, all verifications and responses have to be shown unless removed by admin, would be hilarious and soon become as toxic as the vaccine forum.

Have you thought of sending a message to one of the verifications asking how they got along, we've had a few from folks asking us questions regarding previous meets on our verifications and we are happy to reply.

Good luck.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Any number of verification doesn't classify anyone to being a fake or time waster you don't need to have any to still be genuine

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 22/10/22 11:03:25]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Fab always investigate reports of inappropriate behaviour. To alert the user reported, by marking out their profile, could result in retaliation against the user they suspect reported them, including the reporter getting reported. So unintended consequences would be likely.

Rather than Fab assessing the suitability of users, which it does anyway, with ultimately users getting banned, if perceived as no longer to have site use - which may be because of repeated abuses of Fab terms, in parallel we users have to hold responsibility and to take due diligence for our choices.

Fab is a very open service, which means that we get higher volumes of people to select from. There will be good and bad because of this. It's a tradeoff between lots of choice or fewer users, should Fab decide to introduce greater levels of selectivity and monitoring, which would probably come at higher cost.

I think we all need to refine our criteria for picking people and to introduce more caution. It's generally better to pick verified vs. unverified but there will not be any guarantees with anyone. And life will get in the way sometimes, with meets taking lower priority.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We arranged a meet once for a Friday. On the Friday morning I had just read an E-mail confirming the meet and and around what time we would meet and that we would call each other later to arrange where to meet...then the whole area had a power cut.

I hadn't been in the shower or had a hairdryer to use after it because of the powercut so couldn't get ready for the meet. We had no way to get in touch with the man as we had a meet phone at the time and his number was on that, which had a flat battery. We had a landline but couldn't get to his number to be able to call him.

I appreciate there are some people who are timewasters but anything can happen as to why people don't answer a mail or a phone.

As it happens, the power came back on in time to be able to call the man ( a bit later than aranged ) and we managed to have the meet but if it hadn't we would be called that timewaster

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Mods hat on

Timewasting has a different definition for everyone...some think you are a timewaster for not answering a mail or not answering it quick enough However If you think someone is wasting anothers time by arranging meets and not turning up then you can report the profile and Admin will take a look

Admin don't put a black mark on a profile but if it does indeed happen Admin will act