FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Swinging Guides

Swinging Guides

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xposedInTheSun OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Probably the most glaring omission from the site is the lack of Swinging Guides. There is certain information that needs to hang around and a forum thread doesn't work very well for this, because the people who need them most tend to be unaware of them. One current example is the Gran Canaria clubs guide, but there are probably other examples.

I realise there are special difficulties with this sort of content, but forcing people to other sites to get it is not in anyone's interests. It seems some sort of solution with special moderation should be possible - after all "sticky threads" are widespread on other non-swinging forums.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What do you mean swinging guides?

By *itsAndTaffCouple  over a year ago

Grays, Essex

There's a forum search box if you type Gran Canaria clubs lots of information will come up

There's no way the site can provide an upto date list as things change and the site is free to use, collating that kind of information takes time which the site won't have the resources for & to continually update it when place close or rebrand

By *itsAndTaffCouple  over a year ago

Grays, Essex

The Spanish forum also has a heap of information on Gran Canaria, it's they main topic of conversation

By *xposedInTheSun OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

And if you read the Spain forum most days you'll find a thread started by a newbie asking for information about Gran Canaria, which will be answered by someone suggesting they search for the thread that contains the guide.

It's no extra work for Fab, as there are plenty of volunteers who will do the work for free. It just needs a better way for them to do that work.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

But that's because they aren't using the facilities available to them

There's a club reviews guide for British clubs but people ask about them every day too

I agree in principle it's a good idea but like most things on here, bios, search bars, club reviews people don't read them use them

It's quicker to ask a question or send a message

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I take your point and the recent guide for PDI clubs was fabulous.

I think in the area of holidays, parties and clubs there is a great demand for current information and these attract folks who actually meet.

Unfortunately, the majority of folks on here are never going to meet.

Maybe for that reason a sticky advice / guide area would be beneficial to folks who would actually use them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It could be useful for the clueless to be directed to, when 1st joining. It could outline stuff that would help to manage expectations more realistically

I'm talking about swinging and fab generally, rather than Gran Can info.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

https://m.fabswingers.com/content/safer-meets.html

Does this help?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

https://m.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ

Or this?