Cd and TV

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyDesires88 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Swindon

there should be an option to choose which you are

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Many have said this over a long period of time …. However, we are all ‘lumped together’.

This site has long failed to recognise there is quite a spectrum here.

R x

By *UCKER56Man  over a year ago

Walsall

CD = Cross Dresser

TV = Transvestite

Trans (Latin - "Across")

Vest (Latin - "Dress")

So,both CD and TV mean the same thing don't they?

Not being facicious, as you can see from my photos, I consider myself a CD/TV so I've never been concerned by the difference in the two names. I like wearing tights and stockings and suspenders etc. I therefore CD or XD. I am also sexually excited by doing so.

Now obviously TS, TG etc are a whole new ball game . I'm here to be educated so please let me know if I'm wrong xx

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Poole (She/Her)

Been around 10years on the site. The site is designed for CIS individuals with the "others" lumped together as one.

Never going to change. No point in even mentioning it.

would cost to much money.

By *glyBettyTV/TS  over a year ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

"CD = Cross Dresser

TV = Transvestite

Trans (Latin - "Across")

Vest (Latin - "Dress")

Not being facicious, as you can see from my photos, I consider myself a CD/TV so I've never been concerned by the difference in the two names. I like wearing tights and stockings and suspenders etc. I therefore CD or XD. I am also sexually excited by doing so.

Now obviously TS, TG etc are a whole new ball game . I'm here to be educated so please let me know if I'm wrong xx"

IMO even if you split the "t-girl" categories up into their own separate parts, it's never going to be good enough for everyone.

From what I understand, CD & TV are different from each other in terms of lifestyle. A "CD" is someone who assumes the appearance of a woman on a part-time basis, whereas a "TV" is someone who spends most if not all their time presenting as female, even if ultimately they have no intention of transitioning.

Even among the categories themselves there's differences. I consider myself to be a CD, but I don't consider myself to be the same type of CD as someone who (and I have nothing against this btw its just an example), just wears his wife's panties for a cheap thrill. I don't see myself as being that type of CD.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What do you call someone who just likes to dress pretty for the company of well endowed men? Asking for a friend

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS  over a year ago

dudley

"CD = Cross Dresser

TV = Transvestite

Trans (Latin - "Across")

Vest (Latin - "Dress")

Now obviously TS, TG etc are a whole new ball game . I'm here to be educated so please let me know if I'm wrong xx

IMO even if you split the "t-girl" categories up into their own separate parts, it's never going to be good enough for everyone.

From what I understand, CD & TV are different from each other in terms of lifestyle. A "CD" is someone who assumes the appearance of a woman on a part-time basis, whereas a "TV" is someone who spends most if not all their time presenting as female, even if ultimately they have no intention of transitioning.ive been doing this for many years than I care to remember and I’ve up trying to decide which sub group that I fit into I do tend to use the term “tgirl” but some find this derogatory, I don’t dress all the time but if I do I do it properly and often go out in public l love the social side of things it’s not all about the sexual side of things, it’s an hobby more than anything, and I like to dress like what my ideal women would look like, I still cannot explain why I do it after almost 40years!

Even among the categories themselves there's differences. I consider myself to be a CD, but I don't consider myself to be the same type of CD as someone who (and I have nothing against this btw its just an example), just wears his wife's panties for a cheap thrill. I don't see myself as being that type of CD."

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

"What do you call someone who just likes to dress pretty for the company of well endowed men? Asking for a friend "

"Chloe" x

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

"there should be an option to choose which you are"
we a;; have a profile to make it clear to other what our status is in this respect,,, as with many other people who are lumped together by the gender cowboys on here..

For me the difference is clear, I am a crossdresser, i dress in clothes, i do not wear makeup except for lipstick but that is not the norm for me. TVs as i understand it go the full way, makeup, wig etc etc, they are trying to be a woman. I am a man that wears female clothing only.

By *ai24Man  over a year ago

town

"What do you call someone who just likes to dress pretty for the company of well endowed men? Asking for a friend "

Accommodating?

"Been around 10years on the site. The site is designed for CIS individuals with the "others" lumped together as one.

Never going to change. No point in even mentioning it.

would cost to much money. "

CIS individuals? I don't see that 'label' anywhere in the drop down boxes for gender on the site.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

The way I've always seen it....

Crossdressers are usually only interested in the clothes, hence cross dressing. They maintain their personalities while dressed.

Transvestites reasons for dressing can be varied (including non-sexual), but while dressed they usually adopt a different persona, including name. Wigs, make up, breastforms are all usual accompaniments, but not necessary.

Transgenders are neither, they live their life full time for their own reasons and is a completely separate category.

However Fab does differentiate between TV and CD. Cross-dressing is an interest, so you can be a male interested in cross-dressing.

What needs better separation is TV/TS, which is why I asked for my gender to changed to a woman so there's less confusion.

Also - very awkward to explain sexuality when the genders are so restrictive!

By *exfordMan  over a year ago

discombobulated land

"there should be an option to choose which you are"

Options options options... Too many.

By *ampire69Man  over a year ago

Birmingham West Midlands

Shall i choose the Red Car or the Blue Car ?????????

does it really matter that much its just a feckin label who cares why so bloody political i thought the main we were all here was to enjoy ourselves and have not, not be attaching labels

Think i will have a purple car its in between

"Shall i choose the Red Car or the Blue Car ?????????

does it really matter that much its just a feckin label who cares why so bloody political i thought the main we were all here was to enjoy ourselves and have not, not be attaching labels

Think i will have a purple car its in between "

If it doesn't affect the choices you already have on the site, what difference does it make to you? Get a grip

By *ablife22Man  over a year ago

cork

There is a huge difference between cd and tv

Majority on here In that category are cd

Anyone can be a cd but a tv have the mindset of a woman. Some men will enjoy a tv but not a cd.

It should be separate categories for sure

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Read the hundreds, probably thousands of other posts on this. It should only be considered for the benefit and needs of us, not others.

"Some men will enjoy a tv but not a cd."

In my experience I find men who are into t-girls are usually not really bothered so long as you look half-decent in a dress. Rightly or wrongly.

cork

"Some men will enjoy a tv but not a cd.

In my experience I find men who are into t-girls are usually not really bothered so long as you look half-decent in a dress. Rightly or wrongly."

Men are men, desperate for any action.

No offence to the cd men on here but majority have and will never have any intention of being a woman. If you want to look like a woman at least groom. Maybe that’s just a personal thing as i clearly groom.

Walsall

a person who sometimes wears clothes usually worn by a different gender; usually a man who sometimes wears the clothes, make-up, jewellery, etc. usually worn by women: He is a self-described crossdresser.

Walsall

What is the define of transvestite?

: a person who wears clothes designed for the opposite sex : a cross-dresser. An older term for crossdresser is transvestite. Crossdressers often dress only in certain situations. They do not usually identify as transgender—most identify as straight men.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I’m a Transvestite that also crossdresses. In fact I crossdress more than I fully dress.

You can be in both categories, so no need to separate them. That’s what your profile text should indicate about how you’d present yourself at a meeting.

HPW, CD or TV, live and let live, all equally valid.

" Maybe that’s just a personal thing as i clearly groom. "

Actually that's not clear at all going off your pics.

By *ony kaneMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Is a cross dresser an angry transvestite

cork

" Maybe that’s just a personal thing as i clearly groom.

Actually that's not clear at all going off your pics. "

Just a 36 year man who has never had a chest hair in his life

I don’t see that you’ve viewed my profile but your welcome top

"Just a 36 year man who has never had a chest hair in his life "

Lucky you. I didn't win that genetic lottery hence it takes me an hour in the shower to keep my skin smooth. But some of us do put in the effort to groom.

"I don’t see that you’ve viewed my profile but your welcome top "

Yeah, guilty I've got "looked at me" setting turned off for various reasons.

cork

"Just a 36 year man who has never had a chest hair in his life

Lucky you. I didn't win that genetic lottery hence it takes me an hour in the shower to keep my skin smooth. But some of us do put in the effort to groom.

I don’t see that you’ve viewed my profile but your welcome top

Yeah, guilty I've got "looked at me" setting turned off for various reasons. "

I do have to groom, I didn’t win that lottery either and just hate hair. Legs and underarm is ok. Then I think it swings the other way.

But your reply is what I would say is a big difference between a cd and tv. Respect to your efforts for sure

By *amelaXTV/TS  over a year ago

Swindon

"The way I've always seen it....

Crossdressers are usually only interested in the clothes, hence cross dressing. They maintain their personalities while dressed.

Transvestites reasons for dressing can be varied (including non-sexual), but while dressed they usually adopt a different persona, including name. Wigs, make up, breastforms are all usual accompaniments, but not necessary.

Transgenders are neither, they live their life full time for their own reasons and is a completely separate category.

However Fab does differentiate between TV and CD. Cross-dressing is an interest, so you can be a male interested in cross-dressing.

What needs better separation is TV/TS, which is why I asked for my gender to changed to a woman so there's less confusion.

Also - very awkward to explain sexuality when the genders are so restrictive!"

I've always associated the term CD as a large built, hairy pant wearer.

I consider myself 100% tv

cork

"The way I've always seen it....

Also - very awkward to explain sexuality when the genders are so restrictive!

I've always associated the term CD as a large built, hairy pant wearer.

I consider myself 100% tv"

This website would confirm your opinion

I'll be in Warrington tomorrow so I'll let you choose...

Am I a transvestite or a crossdresser

cork

"I'll be in Warrington tomorrow so I'll let you choose...

Am I a transvestite or a crossdresser"

Based off photos alone I would say tv

I believe most on here, not all, is just a bloke throwing on dress

If I decide I want to throw on some heels and a skirt tommorow then I am a cd not a tv.

I understand they are closely linked but not the same

"What do you call someone who just likes to dress pretty for the company of well endowed men? Asking for a friend

"Chloe" x"

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS  over a year ago

dudley

Been doing this more years than I can remember and still don’t know what category I would choose if I had the option

I feel like I have a completely different idea of what the definitions are of TV & CD to everyone else! Lol.

When I was younger and getting curious about my dressing, I started looking up words I'd heard/read in the dictionary (nerd, I know lol), and to me the definitions people are giving here are switched completely to what I thought.

For me TV, or TransVestite, always meant a person that dressed as the opposite sex for mostly sexual gratification. Whereas CD, or CrossDresser, was someone who dressed as the opposite sex more for just the dressing and being aspect. But both with no desire to actually transition.

Hence why I define myself more as a Crossdresser than anything else.

Not trying to start any wars here btw, I just find it interesting how we have different ideas of the definitions.

Katie xx

From what I've seen CD and TV are just the same except maybe you get more CDs not shaving etc but just putting on women's underwear and a wig and think that's enough. TVs do tend to take more trouble to look feminine.

The group that should definitely have their own category is TS as it's a totally different issu3

cork

"From what I've seen CD and TV are just the same except maybe you get more CDs not shaving etc but just putting on women's underwear and a wig and think that's enough. TVs do tend to take more trouble to look feminine.

The group that should definitely have their own category is TS as it's a totally different issu3"

Yes you defined my point much better

Fully agree

By *atureGuy62Man  over a year ago

DE7

"CD = Cross Dresser

TV = Transvestite

Trans (Latin - "Across")

Vest (Latin - "Dress")

Now obviously TS, TG etc are a whole new ball game . I'm here to be educated so please let me know if I'm wrong xx"

cd/xd - bloke in panties, etc

TV - wears a wig and attempts to look like a girl, not having an operation

TS - identifies 24/7 as female, considering ops.

TG - she's a girl now, has boobs at least.

By *ltSenpaiCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Merthyr Vale

These should be added, much more clear who you’re talking to.

"

cd/xd - bloke in panties, etc

TV - wears a wig and attempts to look like a girl, not having an operation

TS - identifies 24/7 as female, considering ops.

TG - she's a girl now, has boobs at least."

By *1newcdTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

To me, the much bigger issue is that TS is lumped together with CD/TV. I personally have no issues with CD/TV being labelled together but most certainly TS needs to be on its own.

As for making this change, to make it easy for the developers, I think a good option would be to set all existing TV/TS users to TV and then let them update their profile to CD/TS/TV. Just my 2 cents on it.

By *1newcdTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

The fact that everyone has so many different definitions of what it is to be a CD or TV, means it’s just too confusing to have both optiono separated. To me, the most important thing to note is that both labels fall under “pre-op/no surgery”. Both of them, to put it most simply, means “I like dressing up as the other sex”. After that, it’s completely subjective and everyone has their meaning to it.

TS is quite clearly different, where that personal lives 24/7 as another gender and that can include surgery in some cases. I therefore think this gender deserves it’s own stand-alone option on fabs.

I don’t meant to offend any here, it’s just my 2 cents

By *issSexyBootsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

I’ve always viewed it as a cross dresser is someone who dresses in women’s clothes no make up/limited make up where’s as a TV wears full make up wig etc with particular attention to the style of clothes they wear etc

By *erilottsTV/TS  over a year ago

Chippenham

"I’ve always viewed it as a cross dresser is someone who dresses in women’s clothes no make up/limited make up where’s as a TV wears full make up wig etc with particular attention to the style of clothes they wear etc

"

That's the way I see it as well.

By *olly_AmberTV/TS  over a year ago

Live Sussex, Work London

I’ve felt this way before and now decided I don’t care. I’d class myself as non-binary no option for that either. I’m happy to sit under the trans umbrella and just say who I am in my profile. Also guys need to read profiles!

By *owestoft ManMan  over a year ago

Lowestoft

So for me I dress to meet some regulars that want me to dress for sex. I have on occasions dressed up and walked around cruise parks at night. But its all for sex nothing else. So for me its probably Slutty CD lol. But for me if on here, I prefer to chat first and find out what we both want. Go from there.

Would love to chat and meet up for chat with other CD's in the Lowestoft, East Anglia area.

By *xposedInTheSunCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Think of all the debate about what "bi" and "bi-curious" mean, and then look at the debate in this thread.

Maybe easier just to have broad categories, and then rely on the profile for fine detail.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

The only problem with broad categories and profile to explain is that doesn't work when choosing search options. If you do a search for a particular thing and you get loads of unwanted results, the best thing to do is refine your search - not go through every result to see if it's a fit for you.

» Add a new message to this topic