FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Profile Body Type Descriptions

Profile Body Type Descriptions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ausage and sizzle OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

Who else thinks that the profile descriptions should be made less ambigious? What does "Curvy" mean, is it curvaciously large or curvaciously slim, because we've seen both? And does "Ample" mean you have a big cock and a big belly?

Come on Fab, do us all a big New Year favour and help save some embarrassment and hurt, not to mention wasting peoples time making enquiries and then the following email ping pong just to discover that it's gonna be a no thanks and everyone feeling let down?

How about dress and waist sizes? Anyone else have a better idea.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilmisseCouple  over a year ago

leicestershire

look at their pics?

Barnstaple

"look at their pics?"

Obviously, but what if they haven't got pics?

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"look at their pics?"

Exactly.. don't waste time on it.. ask for recent pic if you don't like leave it alone and move on... i'll say whatever i fancy saying about my body size. infact i say i am bigger than guys see me but better that way..

However others describe themselves the same .. some are much smaller than me others are an awful lot bigger.. if you see a pic from the person you are chatting to then no guess work needed.

To some im not big enough some i am way too big and others i am stunning.. Lol each to their own.. see a pic and leave it alone is best thing

Barnstaple

"look at their pics?

Exactly.. don't waste time on it.. ask for recent pic if you don't like leave it alone and move on... i'll say whatever i fancy saying about my body size. infact i say i am bigger than guys see me but better that way..

However others describe themselves the same .. some are much smaller than me others are an awful lot bigger.. if you see a pic from the person you are chatting to then no guess work needed.

To some im not big enough some i am way too big and others i am stunning.. Lol each to their own.. see a pic and leave it alone is best thing

.."

I couldn't agree more with everything you've said, but it wasn't my point.

Some people either don't have pics or only show body parts, which doesn't give enough indication of what they look like. Personally I like slim, athletic and/or curvy women, but I don't generally find the "larger" curvy type women attractive (there have been acceptions though) - nothing wrong with them, just my peronal preference. But if you spend time talking to them before you see a pic and they spend time with you, just to get a no thanks, then both feel let down.

Long story short, my point is: the descriptions are ambigious - what's slim, atheletic, curvy or ample to one person is something else to another! But I guess your reply just proves that.

I think, honesty, saves time and embarrassment (on both sides) in the long run.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Height and dress size for ladies, and height and waist size for guys.

Drop the curvy and ample tags

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

This is why I've put my dress size and other details on my profile. X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Think I will update my profile with dress size n bra size.....maybe men would find it helpful to put their shoe size

well lask to send a pic on their moby if they aint got any on fab if you are that concerned about body size. Me I like people for who they are not for their size but thats me Cat xxx

it does tend to depend on your height as well..... a girl whos 5ft nothing and a size 22 will always look bigger than I do at 5ft 7 and a size 22....so I dont think dress size helps really..

It's ok saying look at pics but I'm sure you've all seen people and thought they looked nothing like their pics :-s

I posted a topic similar to this asking people's views on what description best fit the options as I too saw many profiles of someone who classed themselves as "curvy" or "average". The pictures they would have on their profile was clearly taken from a good angle The truth being they were obese

"Height and dress size for ladies, and height and waist size for guys.

Drop the curvy and ample tags"

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I've got Im curvy (fat) my dress size, height, boob size but I forgot shoe size! Bollocks

I think Im down as large after the profile police said I wasnt fabulous (I picked that as it was the biggest size available and size of a mansion isnt an option.)

Why not ask for a pic or dress size unless its blind date????

Not rocket science really or am I missing something and people meet anyone who replies to a message?

Off for a saucer of full fat milk now miaowww

Barnstaple

"It's ok saying look at pics but I'm sure you've all seen people and thought they looked nothing like their pics :-s

I posted a topic similar to this asking people's views on what description best fit the options as I too saw many profiles of someone who classed themselves as "curvy" or "average". The pictures they would have on their profile was clearly taken from a good angle The truth being they were obese "

From experience asking a girl what dress size they are doesn't go down to well :-S Particularly if they aren't comfortable with being overweight in the first place, hence they don't put large in the first place and only show pics of legs or face.

Growing up when anyone talked about a curvy figure it was in the context of the likes of Kate Winslet in titanic or Kelly brook, both an hour glass figure not a size 20+

Barnstaple

Blimely, I should of guessed that this would get a little heated. But please, it's not a siziest issue, we all find different people attractive for different reasons.

All I'm asking is, shouldn't we have descriptions that are LESS AMBIGIOUS and give a MORE ACCURATE description of what we ALL look like (and before you say it, I know that some will tell white lies and others downright porkies)? That's down to their conscience and that's all I'm asking, ...simple!

Surely that has got to be better for everyone large or slim, cos then we'll get the right people who like our body types?

Barnstaple

"From experience asking a girl what dress size they are doesn't go down to well :-S Particularly if they aren't comfortable with being overweight in the first place, hence they don't put large in the first place and only show pics of legs or face.

Growing up when anyone talked about a curvy figure it was in the context of the likes of Kate Winslet in titanic or Kelly brook, both an hour glass figure not a size 20+ "

I generally agree, but I have also met some very attractive size 14 and 16 women who are still curvy, but I do think you do need to have a waist, boobs and an hour glass figure to be curvy and there are a lot of people using that description who are "curvy round" ...sorry girls, don't batter me, but there are!!!

The description are supposed to be there so we can make informed choices and find the people we are attracted to.

Not heated from me at all.

But if a male puts "athletic" should that mean toned, six pack etc or a shot putter physique (theyre athletes too)

Or a lady who puts average, average for whom?

I just think if people are so bothered about size then ask someone for a full length kind of shot.

Ffs even I show my size in my pics and I am far from comfortable etc about it but its not exactly hidden if I turned up for a meet.

Not having a go or being heated just my view.

"From experience asking a girl what dress size they are doesn't go down to well :-S Particularly if they aren't comfortable with being overweight in the first place, hence they don't put large in the first place and only show pics of legs or face.

Growing up when anyone talked about a curvy figure it was in the context of the likes of Kate Winslet in titanic or Kelly brook, both an hour glass figure not a size 20+

I generally agree, but I have also met some very attractive size 14 and 16 women who are still curvy, but I do think you do need to have a waist, boobs and an hour glass figure to be curvy and there are a lot of people using that description who are "curvy round" ...sorry girls, don't batter me, but there are!!!

The description are supposed to be there so we can make informed choices and find the people we are attracted to."

Im fat but have boobs and a waist.

People put they are non smokers but smoke.

I just dont think there is any way of getting it right without someone showing a full body pic.

Same as men putting athletic, its all someones perception.

Someone could have good looking on their profile but have a face only a mother could love.

Barnstaple

"Not heated from me at all.

But if a male puts "athletic" should that mean toned, six pack etc or a shot putter physique (theyre athletes too)

I just think if people are so bothered about size then ask someone for a full length kind of shot.

Ffs even I show my size in my pics and I am far from comfortable etc about it but its not exactly hidden if I turned up for a meet.

Not having a go or being heated just my view."

Oh come on play fair! I'm not getting personal, but since you picked my description and my wife's (naughty) ...I agree with you, but doesn't that make my point?????

Barnstaple

The description are supposed to be there so we can make informed choices and find the people we are attracted to.

I just dont think there is any way of getting it right without someone showing a full body pic.

Same as men putting athletic, its all someones perception.

Someone could have good looking on their profile but have a face only a mother could love."

Again I agree, but can't you see that you are just making my point for me?

I put dress and chest size as there's no obese option which medically I am!

By *arkchestCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

I take people for what and who they are. Yes there has to be an attraction but on many occasions we have met people either at socials or even for drinks....they might not be my cup of tea looks wise or even that attractive but when you get to know there personality they can become attractive to me. I find people can be quite shallow at times when it comes to looks/size etc. If a person is morbidly obese then maybe i can understand but big/fat people have personalites too and a lot of them much better than skinny/slim people.

Barnstaple

"I put dress and chest size as there's no obese option which medically I am! "

Exactly, because guys who are attracted to you will contact you and that's got to be better than wasting a lot of time with emails just to get a no thanks, or silence, or worse still a no show?

Barnstaple

"I take people for what and who they are. Yes there has to be an attraction but on many occasions we have met people either at socials or even for drinks....they might not be my cup of tea looks wise or even that attractive but when you get to know there personality they can become attractive to me. I find people can be quite shallow at times when it comes to looks/size etc. If a person is morbidly obese then maybe i can understand but big/fat people have personalites too and a lot of them much better than skinny/slim people. "

I never said they didn't!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok let's not turn a suggestion into a fat versus skinny debate as we all know how these ones end

Barnstaple

"Ok let's not turn a suggestion into a fat versus skinny debate as we all know how these ones end

"

Thank you

By *arkchestCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I take people for what and who they are. Yes there has to be an attraction but on many occasions we have met people either at socials or even for drinks....they might not be my cup of tea looks wise or even that attractive but when you get to know there personality they can become attractive to me. I find people can be quite shallow at times when it comes to looks/size etc. If a person is morbidly obese then maybe i can understand but big/fat people have personalites too and a lot of them much better than skinny/slim people. No you didnnt say they didnt but you are implying your not interested in having fun with someone because of their size or looks....is that not shallow?

I never said they didn't! "

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think whatever the descriptions you can choose from, you still have to rely on the people picking the right one for themselves.

We don't mind sticking with a pic at first and then a cam to show face and body shape on...it works for us.

We do this early on so no time is wasted

"Not heated from me at all.

I just think if people are so bothered about size then ask someone for a full length kind of shot.i

Not having a go or being heated just my view.

Oh come on play fair! I'm not getting personal, but since you picked my description and my wife's (naughty) ...I agree with you, but doesn't that make my point?????"

Not picking on you at all! I was reversing the point.

I just dont get why some people would meet without either seeing on cam or a recent pic. That is JUST my opinion, wasnt trying to turn this into a fat v thin thread was just saying it from the other point of view.

It is all down to personal perception. Someone could have a body like Megan Fox but a face like a bag of spanners, or a body like Bella Emberg and a face like Audrey Hepburn. Its all attraction at the end of the day.

Nothing malicious about my posts just stating the obvious.

No offence meant.

Wont post on this again so not to be accused of singling people out.

So good luck n have fun.

"I think whatever the descriptions you can choose from, you still have to rely on the people picking the right one for themselves.

We don't mind sticking with a pic at first and then a cam to show face and body shape on...it works for us.

We do this early on so no time is wasted "

Worked for me too.

" The description are supposed to be there so we can make informed choices and find the people we are attracted to.

Same as men putting athletic, its someones perception.

Someone could have good looking on their profile but have a face only a mother could love."

I totally agree that men are just as bad if not worse. Like I put in the thread I posted a week or two back. My point is that in my opinion people of both sexes put a status that they know isn't correct and is misleading :-S If you are overweight by a lot then you are large in my opinion simple as. That also applies to men trying to pass as athletic. Yes shot put is an athletic event but let's be honest. I'm sure most people would picture a well toned physique if asked to picture an athletic build not someone with a big belly :-S

By *r and Mrs BiteMeCouple  over a year ago

Belbroughton, Stourbridge

Updated my description

Hope that's better lol

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/138405

I also think you should be able to search in the advanced search area for different body types?! This would help to narrow down those that do not meet your specific tastes.

I also really dislike the term BBW. No actually I dont when used correctly but I think its often over used and that it's forgotten that the second 'B' stands for beautiful!

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"look at their pics?

I couldn't agree more with everything you've said, but it wasn't my point.

Some people either don't have pics or only show body parts, which doesn't give enough indication of what they look like. Personally I like slim, athletic and/or curvy women, but I don't generally find the "larger" curvy type women attractive (there have been acceptions though) - nothing wrong with them, just my peronal preference. But if you spend time talking to them before you see a pic and they spend time with you, just to get a no thanks, then both feel let down.

Long story short, my point is: the descriptions are ambigious - what's slim, atheletic, curvy or ample to one person is something else to another! But I guess your reply just proves that.

I think, honesty, saves time and embarrassment (on both sides) in the long run. "

honesty would solve all the issues in here really lol..

But we insist on pics on profile... no pics no chance.. it aint blind date after all.. we did go on descriptions when we joined chatted to seemed good saw the normal cock pic.. lol... but seemed nice enough but finally full body pic and face pic and.. well.. no chance... alot bigger than he thought he was and his idea of attractive or good looking was not the same as mine...

i would rather be honest couldnt stand disappointing a guy.. don't see the point in it ...but alot dont see it that way..

I've thought a body type search would be a useful addition, say something that filters on a maximum or minimum size ( on the basis that if ample doesn't float your boat, fabulous is unlikely to either, or so that us fellas can be filtered on the basis of anyone who is bigger than athletic)

We all have different preferences, and the ability to fine tune the starting point would be great, even though I also believe that a lot of attraction is down to the personality of the individual and not just their appearance.

By *eeriseWoman  over a year ago

Manchester and that's all you need to know

I describe myself as average as that is how I see myself, others may think different but that's my choice and I haven't taken my photos from slim angles either.

I see on quite a few male profile's that they describe themselves as being vwe when basically they should be report to the trades description act for false advertising

Fun and joke aside I have measurements on my profile plus shoe size.

ive been told iam not in bad shape for my age ,but then ive not mentioned my dodgy knees ,will that go against me ..

Making size a search criteria would help a lot. People could look for the right kind of people. Also if fab put a definition for each option people will choose which best suits them.

Barnstaple

"Making size a search criteria would help a lot. People could look for the right kind of people. Also if fab put a definition for each option people will choose which best suits them."

You truly live up to your name lol

"Making size a search criteria would help a lot. People could look for the right kind of people. Also if fab put a definition for each option people will choose which best suits them."

How would the size search work when most people are deluded

Barnstaple

"Making size a search criteria would help a lot. People could look for the right kind of people. Also if fab put a definition for each option people will choose which best suits them.

How would the size search work when most people are deluded "

I think they'll ever be a perfect solution, as it depends where you buy your clothes from as to what dress size some would choose to pick as theirs lol

However, it's a reasonable start point or lets have some guide definitions for the decscriptions that are already exist.

"Making size a search criteria would help a lot. People could look for the right kind of people. Also if fab put a definition for each option people will choose which best suits them.

I think they'll ever be a perfect solution, as it depends where you buy your clothes from as to what dress size some would choose to pick as theirs lol

However, it's a reasonable start point or lets have some guide definitions for the decscriptions that are already exist. "

To be honest I don't understand men's sizes, small, medium, large and extra large

Barnstaple

However, it's a reasonable start point or lets have some guide definitions for the decscriptions that are already exist.

To be honest I don't understand men's sizes, small, medium, large and extra large "

Shame you're not a little closer, I could come around and help complete your education lololol

This totally wouldn't work for me, most women in the country wear the wrong bra size - they buy 36c coz they want to not because they are!!

Also, I'm currently a 10 on bottoms but can be up to 16 in tops! And I genuinely have no idea what my waist size is!!

I have got my bra size on my profile though as I used to get asked a lot how big they were (not surprising given the profile pic I guess!)

To be honest I don't understand men's sizes, small, medium, large and extra large

Shame you're not a little closer, I could come around and help complete your education lololol"

However, it's a reasonable start point or lets have some guide definitions for the decscriptions that are already exist. "

That's true as I would say I am a size 12 unless I buy from Asda and have to have 14 as they are tight gits and the sleeves are never long enough and in Peacocks I have to buy a 12-14 top but a 10-12 bottom half and it ain't cos I got big tits either

Im a chunky monkey and I love it xxxx

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I agree in what hels_bels has said. I'm me if others don't like it tough I don't feel the need to put my dress size bra size etc. Why would anyone meet without seein a pic and I don't mean to judge how good lookin someone is beauty is skin deep. Also somebody can use fake pics.

» Add a new message to this topic