FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Verification on profiles

Verification on profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We hide our verifications for discretion as do other users on the site.

I just wondered if, in the future on the site, where it says verified profile, on a profile, it could perhaps have more.information.

Maybe, verified xxx amount of times, latest verification on xx/xx/xx by meeting in person etc etc.

Good idea or not?

Just thought it would help keep.profiles up to date.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would like to see a different kind/colour tick for each kind of verification, for example

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

That way even when hidden you have a better idea if they meet for real

"I would like to see a different kind/colour tick for each kind of verification, for example

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

That way even when hidden you have a better idea if they meet for real "

"I would like to see a different kind/colour tick for each kind of verification, for example

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

That's a good idea

That's a good idea

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

Excellent idea!!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

Good idea

Maybe with a date of last verification.

Hey thanks guys, stick around as I'm due another bright idea sometime next year

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Totally agree with the OP.

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

Great idea

By * pool 1Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

Aultcodger or what ever his name has nick my idea I meantioned this three days ago.

"Aultcodger or what ever his name has nick my idea I meantioned this three days ago. "

Ur problem is that as a single guy anything u suggest on this site is generally instantly discredited by 90% of members as u are clearly only looking for quick sex, a timewaster, pic collector, posing as a fem/cpl etc etc... Single guys aren't allowed to have valid points on the forums.

sarcasm btw in case u think I'm being mean lol

Yer agree however in my opinion the biggest timewasters are the couples which is why I rarely play with them.x

i prefer the "mind your own blooming business verification"

sorry but i meet when i want to meet i choose to meet as i want to and if i want some privacy i hide verifications and that's my decision my prerogative.

i don't go by verifications and never will as you see one side of something which is never both

talking to someone you get a better idea and a more clearer picture of if you are going to meet and if they are for you

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wouldn't showing your verifications do what you want?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Whats up Modlad....get it off your chest

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

Excellent idea

Holy crap..we are gonna have to step up a gear if this happens lol

We are the couple version of a single guy here!!! Not having much luck but without the whining posts

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

That way even when hidden you have a better idea if they meet for real

"

"Yer agree however in my opinion the biggest timewasters are the couples which is why I rarely play with them.x "

I agree with u there... Been let down before by cpls and singles but not that often now as I vet them a bit better prior to meets.

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

I play as part of a couple and also have a couples profiles, and the amount of times singles males have let us down is silly, can see why they get a bad name. We don't whine about it though, we keep searching for the decent ones that mean it when they say they are genuine.

We do vet them, take into account if verified (means nothing) as have had verified guys not show.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Bump...would be interested to know the site owners thoughts on this cracking idea..

What do you reckon both..is it do-able?

just dont be verified...if u dont wanna know who meets who..keep it between urselfs

I dont wanna see a list of 20 green dots, making me think this is a variable fun person/cpl...when they have actually been meeting the same verifier(s) over and over and over again...

why seek validation when u dont actually want to show it?

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

think its a brilliant idea as well

another point:

how about i verify the same person everyday, just for the sake of it?-and it then looks like ive met a good few people that day/week/month

if ur preferring not to show them, why is it an issue how much u meet?

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

It wouldn't work, people would abuse it or find a way around it. Would lead to more false veris and what if you can't show the veri cause they left?

Why not allow the name to be hidden just leaving the verification text. You could also allow users to verify others anonymously to hide their identity if they wish.

Am sure I have seen this system used on another site.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Doesnt have to be listed how many veris just a coloured tick to say said profile has been verified by meeting.....another colour for webcam ...etc

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

People think we are missing a point. Given that "false verifications" seem to be in vogue - I've seen a few threads on that topic - it's all open to abuse. certainly in Scotland I've seen new users verified by meeting I'm person within hours or days of meeting. Might all be kosher but I do wonder at times.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

It is possible to be genuine and get verified quickly ....when we joined wayyy back in the day we were verified minutes after joining due to the fact we had friends from other sites here and who pointed us in the direction of fab

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"People think we are missing a point. Given that "false verifications" seem to be in vogue - I've seen a few threads on that topic - it's all open to abuse. certainly in Scotland I've seen new users verified by meeting I'm person within hours or days of meeting. Might all be kosher but I do wonder at times. "

If they are verified "within hours or days of meeting" doesn't that mean they have met someone and deserve the verification?

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

My point is that whilst there are genuine verifications, there are false ones. The site relies on your IP address and blocks you setting up multiple profiles but there is software that can mask your address.

There are various scams I've heard of - someone gets a genuine veri and then abuses that with multiple fake profiles etc and effectively self-verifies themselves and uses the fake profile to set up fake male female couple profiles etc and self-verify.

So if the system can be beat genuine users can never be sure that a veri is genuine.

Back to the original idea, a single green or blue tick, depending on your veri type; whilst not letting the, not so sane, people of the internet, see who you have met with,

Gets my vote also

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

This would be really useful - although I'd suggest a more blatant icon or a simple 'Verified in Person/Verified on Cam' with a tick. Don't like the idea of listing how many meets or dates though - do you get to a point where you have 'too many' and so delete profile and start again? Or 'it's been too long' best delete and start again....

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

I'd be knackered I'm colour blind lol

just noticed something yesterday. unfortunately we had to block someone after a bad experience and we noticed his verifications that we posted on our profile were removed.

why remove them? i can understand removing messages and the like from blocked people but removing already posted/done and dusted verifications from them?

am i missing something?

Rob

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

Great idea although verifications are sometines lies. We had a meet the other week, the verification said'a cock to die for'. Mmmmm... really? Chipolata springs to mind-perhaps we should also be able to rate others veriifications of those we meet?

Just a thought, an unactionable one but a thought none-the-less x

By *ysteryboatMan  over a year ago

Brighton

It's obvious that verifications can be easily faked so their validity isn't 100%, but they are still useful to those that judge others by the number of verifications that they have.

I'd hate to think that someone would/wouldn't meet me because I've published a bunch of kiss-ass verifications.

Better to be real, message people, talk to them, and judge for yourself?

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

im colour blind so that would knacker me lol

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

Green = met in person

Blue = seen on cam

That way even when hidden you have a better idea if they meet for real im colour blind so that would knacker me lol "

I know, you've already said that lol

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"It's obvious that verifications can be easily faked so their validity isn't 100%, but they are still useful to those that judge others by the number of verifications that they have.

I'd hate to think that someone would/wouldn't meet me because I've published a bunch of kiss-ass verifications.

Better to be real, message people, talk to them, and judge for yourself?"

Just taking to someone using email, phone or chat room is no indication as to if they actually meet! While verifications can show that people have met a number of people, so an indication that they actually turn up!

We use verifications this way, so 1 or 2 verifications we may be wary, could be fake, but loads usually not. We also check out the people who have verified them and their verifications too, this allows us to build a picture of the person and the likelihood they will turn up.

We take what people say in the verifications with a pinch of salt, as just because couple a thought it was the best sex ever, it might not be for us.

When we first came to Fab we used to do phone calls, a social meet first etc...but found that showed no indication of the meet actually turning up for fun at a later date.

» Add a new message to this topic