FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > name and shame solution

name and shame solution

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have just suggested to admin the following and whilst not perfect answer i feel it wort consideration

Basically if it can be proved a member has failed to turn up to a meet more than once and has been reported then admin should have the offenders info and name them.

By proof i mean records in messages as example. Its not perfect but i think possible.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have just suggested to admin the following and whilst not perfect answer i feel it wort consideration

Basically if it can be proved a member has failed to turn up to a meet more than once and has been reported then admin should have the offenders info and name them.

By proof i mean records in messages as example. Its not perfect but i think possible."

How open to abuse is that? Some people could send a message telling someone to meet somewhere and then report them when they don't open it or respond. Afraid that you have to accept. Some will fail to turn up and sometimes for valid reasons, kids, transport etc and some are time wasters . Admin are very good at responding to complaints. Look at verifications for the best indicator.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As said not perfect but choice to name down to admin

It's like the Stasi in here sometimes

The only solution to name and shame is to accept that it is a ridiculous idea, totally open to abuse and will never work.

And some people need to accept that the amount of no shows and/or timewasters they attract is in part down to their own selection process and take responsibility for that rather than look for the easy option of always blaming others.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"The only solution to name and shame is to accept that it is a ridiculous idea, totally open to abuse and will never work.

And some people need to accept that the amount of no shows and/or timewasters they attract is in part down to their own selection process and take responsibility for that rather than look for the easy option of always blaming others."

Agree with that one...

"The only solution to name and shame is to accept that it is a ridiculous idea, totally open to abuse and will never work.

And some people need to accept that the amount of no shows and/or timewasters they attract is in part down to their own selection process and take responsibility for that rather than look for the easy option of always blaming others."

I have had lots of no shows and I have to agree with this, it's down to me. I'm too trusting and give people too many chances. Whilst no shows are annoying naming & shaming is not the way forward. I simply report, block and move on, they missed out in a great time with me so in my head that's punishment enough

By *llureWoman  over a year ago

London

"I have just suggested to admin the following and whilst not perfect answer i feel it wort consideration

By proof i mean records in messages as example. Its not perfect but i think possible.

How open to abuse is that? Some people could send a message telling someone to meet somewhere and then report them when they don't open it or respond. Afraid that you have to accept. Some will fail to turn up and sometimes for valid reasons, kids, transport etc and some are time wasters . Admin are very good at responding to complaints. Look at verifications for the best indicator."

Admin are terrible at responding to complaints - they have never responded to mine. It's a shame as another site I'm on respond without fail personally and within hours. It really makes a difference to the quality and safety of the site.

Admin - I'd welcome your feedback on this.

By proof i mean records in messages as example. Its not perfect but i think possible."

So are you going to shame a couple who didn't turn up at the last moment because one of their kids started throwing up the minute they went to leave to meet you? Where would you draw the line? And like others have said, there are enough trolls on here already without giving them yet another way to sabotage the site.

Just have to suck it up and accept that there WILL be let-downs. That's life.

How open to abuse is that? Some people could send a message telling someone to meet somewhere and then report them when they don't open it or respond. Afraid that you have to accept. Some will fail to turn up and sometimes for valid reasons, kids, transport etc and some are time wasters . Admin are very good at responding to complaints. Look at verifications for the best indicator.

Admin are terrible at responding to complaints - they have never responded to mine. It's a shame as another site I'm on respond without fail personally and within hours. It really makes a difference to the quality and safety of the site.

Admin - I'd welcome your feedback on this."

Admin get LOADS of reports every day. if they aimed to respond to every one, they would need an army of admins (who will need to be paid) and that would lead to the site becoming a pay-to-join one, and an expensive one at that. Admin DO take steps where necessary, but there is a limit to what can be done.

And I'm not an Admin or Moderator btw (was on another non-swinging site years ago, so I know what they'e up against)

Yeah and people that are genuine and not full of s@@t cant get meets cos theyve no meets verifications cos were new!!!

"Yeah and people that are genuine and not full of s@@t cant get meets cos theyve no meets verifications cos were new!!! "

It's a marathon, not a sprint mate. The following was posted by another single male about a week ago and it's one of the best summations of how it really is for a single guy on here I've seen in ages. I swung as a single guy before meeting Crackling so I know what it's like. Hope the following helps put you in the right frame of mind for it... and btw, it got a LOT of compliments from single females so it's not bollocks (as stated at the end of it!):-

"I am one of the rarest of breeds, I am a single man on here that is quite happy!.

Just thought I would post my thoughts about the last couple of months I have been on here.

I started on here, like most blokes do, thinking wall to wall shagging! Awesome! But now I feel I have got the right mindset for it, and new blokes, this is how you need to think and act.

Don't copy and paste messages, is a waste of time and makes you look like a dick.

If you see some you like, read there profile, then read it again, get a feel for the sort of person they are, also read there Veri's will help see what sort of person they like, then write your message, mention stuff they have put in there profile, make if feel personal. If you add a picture to your message, make it a face pic unless they ask for otherwise, no one needs to open a message and the first thing they see Is your cock winking at them! Lol.

If you don't get a reply, don't worry about it, think of it as no big deal, plenty more fish and all of that. Don't send more and more messages to the same person if they don't respond, just move on.

Check the updates page for people's comments, I am chatting to a few people that I know I'm not going to meet but we have a laugh and a banter purely because I messaged something stupid about their update.

You are not going to shag everyone you talk to, just make friends and it will happen at some point.

This all might be bollocks, but is working for me, am not getting stressed about meets, am just having a laugh, which I think is the main point of the whole site.

Thanks for reading, know I have gone on a bit!."

"Yeah and people that are genuine and not full of s@@t cant get meets cos theyve no meets verifications cos were new!!! "

Veifications alone do not get people meets and a lack of verifications will never be the sole reason why someone can't get a meet.

"Yeah and people that are genuine and not full of s@@t cant get meets cos theyve no meets verifications cos were new!!!

Veifications alone do not get people meets and a lack of verifications will never be the sole reason why someone can't get a meet. "

There are single fems out there who look for newbies, just as single guys look for new fems. If what you are doing isn't working, it's time to look more at what you're doing than trying to find a site tool to blame..

Except you have only been here 2 weeks, what did you think this was? Instashag? You need patience, lots wait months before getting a meet. By moaning already after only two weeks makes you sound like you are desperate for a shag.

Incidentally, great pictures just a shame they are let down by the few lines above

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin - I'd welcome your feedback on this."

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"Yeah and people that are genuine and not full of s@@t cant get meets cos theyve no meets verifications cos were new!!!

Veifications alone do not get people meets and a lack of verifications will never be the sole reason why someone can't get a meet. "

Admin - I'd welcome your feedback on this.

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.****** "

A comment though Rugby, yesterday I reported a guy who admitted that his age is incorrect on his profile yet this morning he is still showing the same age, his whereabouts are also incorrect. I remember him more than others I have reported because he has message me 3 times with the same message of where he is then doesn't respond to my message.

I accept that Admin are not going to respond personally to me but surely by now, his profile should have his true age as the odd thing is, the age he is showing, he shouldn't be able to get past my filters and I didn't message him first