FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > How can......

How can......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *J-87 OP   Man  over a year ago

Donington

Women be looking for men on their profile, but when you go to message them, it says they've blocked everyone of your sex?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Possibly because they want to message the men they like themselves rather than getting tons of messages from random guys.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Women be looking for men on their profile, but when you go to message them, it says they've blocked everyone of your sex? "

Simple.

They block incoming messages from single men and instead choose to search and make first contact themselves.

Reduces the volume of mail rhey receive, guarantees that nobody they're not interested in can contact them and means they're more likely to find what they're looking for.

We do it at times too.

A

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Because maybe they are looking normally the hint is in the details

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They don't want unsolicited messages

By *lirtymr_mrsCouple  over a year ago

Stockton-on-Tees

I think ops point was why does the site have one setting for the "would like to meet" field and a different setting for the email filter.

I get why they are separate settings, but from the perspective of someone using the search function it appears broken because you are searching for people to contact but can't actually contact them.

A solution would be an extra tick box on the search filter to only show people whose message filters will let you contact them.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I think ops point was why does the site have one setting for the "would like to meet" field and a different setting for the email filter.

I get why they are separate settings, but from the perspective of someone using the search function it appears broken because you are searching for people to contact but can't actually contact them.

A solution would be an extra tick box on the search filter to only show people whose message filters will let you contact them."

99.9% sure (and happy to be corrected) that search filters take into account when someone ticks the message filter to say not looking for men, women or couples.

Just tried a couple of quick searches and based on the most common message filter (not looking for single men) I couldn't find any profiles with that filter set that showed in a search of women or couples looking for men.

So shouldn't be an issue re not being able to message them, given they won't appear in any searches.

A

» Add a new message to this topic