FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Blank profile no pics etc

Blank profile no pics etc

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *MCOUPLE OP   Couple 50 weeks ago

North Coast

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a filter to stop profiles without pics or a profile pic from viewing profiles or is it just us??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 50 weeks ago

Great idea.

I’ve a suggestion, that all users must be picture verify (including when you anre setting up a new account) and admin must ensure people’s faces “must” be shown in the picture verify stage.

North Coast

I know other sites don’t let you on unless your photo verified

By (user no longer on site) 50 weeks ago

"Great idea.

I’ve a suggestion, that all users must be picture verify (including when you anre setting up a new account) and admin must ensure people’s faces “must” be shown in the picture verify stage. "

It appears that fab has begun to introduce this as I had to photo verify when I rejoined last year and others have stated similar

By *ucka39Man 50 weeks ago

Newcastle

Their are filters like new user and no profile image not sure if it applies both ways but if it does great

North Coast

"Their are filters like new user and no profile image not sure if it applies both ways but if it does great "

Believe this only works for messaging purposes but stand to be corrected

North Coast

"Great idea.

I’ve a suggestion, that all users must be picture verify (including when you anre setting up a new account) and admin must ensure people’s faces “must” be shown in the picture verify stage.

It appears that fab has begun to introduce this as I had to photo verify when I rejoined last year and others have stated similar"

Think this is only for verified accounts, anyone can join as see all public pics etc, other sites we have been on stop this from happening and would be nice if this happened here as this site is the best we’ve used.

By *bi HaiveMan 50 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Wouldn’t it be great if there was a filter to stop profiles without pics or a profile pic from viewing profiles or is it just us?? "

Tbh I couldn't give a monkeys who views us. We have our filters set as we want to stop messages and for those that send any when we've clearly stated we don't want any there's always the delete and block buttons.

One of the best meets we've had of late was with a guy we met in a club who when we went to verify him had no visible images and a profile so bare we would have scrolled past in a heart beat when browsing.

Looks mean nothing. I can't see the benefit of stopping people looking at you when there are ample means to prevent interaction and we're all capable of ignoring unwanted messages, winks and friends requests.

A

By *eiaorganaWoman 49 weeks ago

Dundee

I don't mind them viewing me but I don't want them messaging. My filters are set so that they must have public photos and I'm still getting messages from silhouettes with no public pics, so that clearly doesn't work.

By *ustardChuckerMan 49 weeks ago

Exetershire

Why does it matter if they view you?

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 49 weeks ago

Middle England

"Great idea.

I’ve a suggestion, that all users must be picture verify (including when you anre setting up a new account) and admin must ensure people’s faces “must” be shown in the picture verify stage. "

Photo verification is over-rated. What does it really prove?

By *ophieslutTV/TS 49 weeks ago

Central

Once you're on the net, assume anyone can view you. Make it harder and the undesirables will just jump through more hoops.

I don't see fab making filters and changes in this area. I think we just need to live with message filters and using them to stop some contact

By *hismMan 49 weeks ago

Ballygonowhere

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a filter to stop others you don't like the look of from looking at you whilst out and about,shopping, restaurant,bars etc??

At least on fab you have the option of blocking undesirables,ignoring their unwanted advances and messages

By *ucka39Man 49 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Wouldn’t it be great if there was a filter to stop others you don't like the look of from looking at you whilst out and about,shopping, restaurant,bars etc??

At least on fab you have the option of blocking undesirables,ignoring their unwanted advances and messages "

Their is it a ninja outfit

By *loss aka Miss JonesWoman 49 weeks ago

south coast IOW

"Wouldn’t it be great if there was a filter to stop profiles without pics or a profile pic from viewing profiles or is it just us?? "

I would prefer it and even with filters up they can and do still message. I have no interest in anyone with no profile pic or a profile that says they will fill it in later. If they are not willing to make any effort at all then they are not my type.

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

"I don't mind them viewing me but I don't want them messaging. My filters are set so that they must have public photos and I'm still getting messages from silhouettes with no public pics, so that clearly doesn't work."

This but they bypass the system by setting a pic to public so they can message you then remove it again.

I get them constantly and delete and block straight away.

[Removed by poster at 10/05/23 01:38:42]

[Removed by poster at 10/05/23 01:39:16]

Well I DON'T have any pictures on my profile, and I'm genuine lol , I DO though however send them in a Private message though so least I can choose who sees them.

I think verifications help no end though

By *rancois Du BoisMan 49 weeks ago

The wrong side of the tracks.

There is one for no public pics, but it doesn’t seem to work. Or people toggle the pics!

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

"I don't mind them viewing me but I don't want them messaging. My filters are set so that they must have public photos and I'm still getting messages from silhouettes with no public pics, so that clearly doesn't work."

By *issmorganWoman 48 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

They sneakily add a pic to message you,then delete it

I agree its v frustrating

By *rNice.Man 48 weeks ago

Doncaster

I see so many good suggestions and ideas here , none of them ever implemented by the people who own this site ??? why ??

It wouldn't change much, it would just mean more profiles with a single picture that is pointless, say of a leg, or alike.

That'll easily bi-pass the filter.

"Great idea.

Photo verification is over-rated. What does it really prove?"

The one thing I think it can help, is cutting down profiles claiming to be a couple or lady, when it's actually a man.

We haven't had so many issues with this though.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 48 weeks ago

Middle England

"Great idea.

The one thing I think it can help, is cutting down profiles claiming to be a couple or lady, when it's actually a man.

We haven't had so many issues with this though. "

Surely you can go to the chat room and see if they are a couple.

Also we've seen lots of couples profiles (could be from 5 years ago or more) but it doesn't seem like they are still a couple now or couples profiles that if there is only one currently meeting it's always just the male; coincidence??

Maybe it works for others but I wouldn't rely on a photo verification.

By *ucka39Man 48 weeks ago

Newcastle

Some sites don't let you continue using the site until a profile picture has been installed as the first steps then optional filling the bio but pops up as a reminder

"Great idea.

Also we've seen lots of couples profiles (could be from 5 years ago or more) but it doesn't seem like they are still a couple now or couples profiles that if there is only one currently meeting it's always just the male; coincidence??

"

Of course there are ways around finding if they're genuine or not, the site provides the tools to do so, and we're not in favour of photo verification.

I'm just suggesting that's the only real benefit I can think of, cutting down the fake profiles, though it won't stop them.

If though people rely solely on chat room/video call for proof they're a couple, we'd have had a lot less meets, because we're not always together due to work, and both our families being miles apart in different directions.

Not to mention, Mrs really is not keen on the telephone conversations (though will do if needed), nevermind video calls.

So that is also a flawed way to check for proof.

By *hrissie100TV/TS 48 weeks ago

Gateshead and Jesmond

I TOTALLY agree. I pressed the" don't want to meet people who don't have public photos "

What happened?

INUNDATED with the anonymous swine.

Not even a dick pic.

I can understand people's need for privacy.

But not hiding your face from people who you message and want to meet.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 47 weeks ago

Middle England

"Great idea.

Of course there are ways around finding if they're genuine or not, the site provides the tools to do so, and we're not in favour of photo verification.

I'm just suggesting that's the only real benefit I can think of, cutting down the fake profiles, though it won't stop them.

If though people rely solely on chat room/video call for proof they're a couple, we'd have had a lot less meets, because we're not always together due to work, and both our families being miles apart in different directions.

Not to mention, Mrs really is not keen on the telephone conversations (though will do if needed), nevermind video calls.

So that is also a flawed way to check for proof.

"

I was just suggesting it as one way, NOT the only way; I never said it was flawless. If you can come up with something that is then only to pleased to know.

By *andi_mmfCouple 47 weeks ago

Whitehaven

Hi we too are of the same opinion.

» Add a new message to this topic