FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Shortcode text issue - ID Mobile

Shortcode text issue - ID Mobile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycums OP   Man 39 weeks ago

Bristol

Hi,

I'm having issues getting a shortcode generated, send the code and i get an automated response saying not included in my monthly allowance.

I have made sure adult filtering is off and allowed premium features? Anyone else have issues on ID mobile?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man 39 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Hi,

I'm having issues getting a shortcode generated, send the code and i get an automated response saying not included in my monthly allowance.

I have made sure adult filtering is off and allowed premium features? Anyone else have issues on ID mobile? "

Hi op

Try this for assistance

https://www.fabswingers.com/contact-us/upgrade

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

According to the iD Mobile website, it says the short code is still supported, though the 15p charge they list is just to send the text and doesn't include the £5 you're subsequently billed by Fab.

iD Mobile runs off Vodafone's network, so it should work fine. Some networks have premium calls and premium texts as different services and accidentally only enable one of them on an account when you call and ask. Could be that.

It could be that you have a cap on your account on what you can spend above your monthly allowances. This is usually £0 or £5 as default and may need to be amended.

If the text is 15p to send and then it incurs a £5 charge on your bill, the system might not be letting you send it if your cap is £5 or less, as that would exceed it with the initial 15p to send the text.

Might be worth looking into. Been years since I was with iD Mobile, not sure if you can manage that online or by app yourself these days. Back when I was with them, only customer services could increase it.

I remember I blindly ported to Plus Net Mobile once and found out the hard way that they didn't support short codes at the time.

By *asycums OP   Man 38 weeks ago

Bristol

Thanks.. But my monthly add on limit i can spend is £20 so should be plenty on there?

By *ugby 123Couple 38 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I would ask ID mobile to see if there is any block on your account

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

It just doesn't work. Dammit. I don't want to spend a fortune in one go. Flipping id mobile

By *asycums OP   Man 37 weeks ago

Bristol

I've seen a few fabbers raise it within id mobile chat and they were given a private message from the ID mobile help team....

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

What was it in the end?

By *avid83Man 36 weeks ago

Birmingham

I gave up in the end and rang the number - 3 mins and you get the code , no issues...happy fabbing!

By *otleyMan 36 weeks ago

Burton-on-Trent

Seems to be an ID issue then. I have the same problem.

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

"I gave up in the end and rang the number - 3 mins and you get the code , no issues...happy fabbing!"

I'd do that but I don't have a land-line and don't want to be charged more.

» Add a new message to this topic