FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > If messages disappear

If messages disappear

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urvySub87 OP   Woman 36 weeks ago

Near Wellingborough

Does that mean I've been blocked?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple 36 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It means the sender deleted their profile

By *urvySub87 OP   Woman 36 weeks ago

Near Wellingborough

Ohhh ok, thank you

By *reedomDwarfCouple 35 weeks ago

Grain area

You can be blocked by the receiving end and it looks the same as if they have left the site - every message sent or received just disappears.

They haven't left, they've just blocked you.

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

Messages disappear if they leave.

If blocked the messages are still there but you can't reply to them.

By *ucka39Man 35 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Messages disappear if they leave.

If blocked the messages are still there but you can't reply to them."

By *akingtheplungeMan 28 weeks ago

kent

I have had sent and received messages disappear, im not blocked and they have not left, so I Don't think it's either of those reasons

By *ucka39Man 28 weeks ago

Newcastle

"I have had sent and received messages disappear, im not blocked and they have not left, so I Don't think it's either of those reasons "

Then you may have clicked delete all as they don't disappear

By *akingtheplungeMan 28 weeks ago

kent

I didn't think so, its happened lots of times and sounds like I'm not the only one it happens to

By (user no longer on site) 28 weeks ago

Messages only disappear in a few scenarios.

1) When you delete them.

2) When a member leaves the site by closing their account (even if you keep their messages or your sent items, they're purged).

3) If you are flagged for photo verification and 'hidden' until the verification photo is approved ((I previously made the stupid mistake of signing up with a VPN a few years ago and was automatically flagged within about five minutes, but managed to get a few messages off to people I knew) my inbox and sent items were wiped. I assume that means the sent items were erased from the sender's folders too as I temporarily 'ceased' to be on the site whilst pending photo verification). When approved and restored, the folders are empty.

I'm unsure as to what happens if they're suspended, but imagine it is the same as if you are flagged for photo verification or if you choose your own account (i.e. all communication on both sides is purged).

I am slightly forgetful, but I have this niggle in the back of my head whispering to me that I may have read somewhere that read messages are purged after six or twelve months, to clear up server space - can an admin confirm or reject that? I may be confusing it with another site.

» Add a new message to this topic