FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > CD not TV

CD not TV

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *evon_Gurl OP   TV/TS 29 weeks ago

Newton Abbot

I know this is a little suggestion but could the site change it so you can identify as a CD or crossdresser and not as a TV. Personally I am not overfond of the term TV although I know others are probably happy with it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eth TVTV/TS 29 weeks ago

Mid Meath

"I know this is a little suggestion but could the site change it so you can identify as a CD or crossdresser and not as a TV. Personally I am not overfond of the term TV although I know others are probably happy with it."

The terms CD and TV mean the same thing.

By *melie LALWoman 29 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I know this is a little suggestion but could the site change it so you can identify as a CD or crossdresser and not as a TV. Personally I am not overfond of the term TV although I know others are probably happy with it.

The terms CD and TV mean the same thing. "

Really? I think not where pronouns are concerned. A CD likes to wear female clothes but maintains his male identity, a TV identifies as female while wearing those clothes. No?

By *eth TVTV/TS 29 weeks ago

Mid Meath

"

Really? I think not where pronouns are concerned. A CD likes to wear female clothes but maintains his male identity, a TV identifies as female while wearing those clothes. No?"

Not really, no. CD or cross dresser is more so an American term and TV or Transvestite European, that’s pretty much the difference. And to be honest, both teams are fine and work depending on what you personally prefer. To a certain extent most of us identify as a different gender when dressed, be it fully or otherwise.

Transgender TG is a more catch all word because it covers all levels, from the occasional dresser, fetishists and to more regular to drag queens and fully transitioned people, although it has become more associated with the latter in recent years.

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS 29 weeks ago

South Birmingham

"

Really? I think not where pronouns are concerned. A CD likes to wear female clothes but maintains his male identity, a TV identifies as female while wearing those clothes. No?"

this 100% i am TV not a CD when dressed i want to have sex with Men only.

By *atiecross300TV/TS 29 weeks ago

lincoln

I can relate to your view, I'm total straight when male, But when Katie is out she will ride dildo's, get pegged and is now wanting a real D is side of her from another TV CD ..... xx

By *inacolada3Couple 29 weeks ago

kettering

I might be wrong but i think transvestite is Latin or french for cross dress so that makes it the same ? Or not ? X

By (user no longer on site) 29 weeks ago

Honestly at that point I think they might aswell add all the labels under the umbrella at that point. TV/TS works well enough and the profile bio can just give clarification for such minor changes. Don't get me wrong though I'd love a femboy tag instead of being TV/TS but it just aint happening.

By (user no longer on site) 29 weeks ago

"I might be wrong but i think transvestite is Latin or french for cross dress so that makes it the same ? Or not ? X"

No you are correct. They basically mean exactly the same thing, but transvestite was historically used more typically as a derogatory term, intended to insult.

By *evon_Gurl OP   TV/TS 28 weeks ago

Newton Abbot

"No you are correct. They basically mean exactly the same thing, but transvestite was historically used more typically as a derogatory term, intended to insult."

And this is exactly why I am not overly fond of the term.

By *he_13th_ghostWoman 27 weeks ago

Swindon

There should be a label for transgender, have crossdresser as it's own thing.

I'm listed as a female/woman because I refuse to call myself a slur and have details in profile I'm he/him but that only works if people can read.

By *ouple4voyeurCouple 27 weeks ago

Birmingham

For a CD the aim is not to pass, they do not wish to be accepted as a woman and are happy being seen as a man. For them it is only about the clothes. While TV means essentially the same thing, they care more about passability. They are more likely to identify themselves as a female, or at the very least not a male and wish to be treated within the remits of female gender relations. A CD is happy to be refered to as ‘him’ as TV is not.

By *tace 309TV/TS 27 weeks ago

durham

"I know this is a little suggestion but could the site change it so you can identify as a CD or crossdresser and not as a TV. Personally I am not overfond of the term TV although I know others are probably happy with it."
looking at your profile seems to suggest to me you are indeed a tv/tgirl rather than your bog standard CD.

Cross dressers usually just like to dress

You are looking for guys as well as girls.

Most of us start our journey as a CD and get off at different stops along the way.

Try to embrace all the terms that go with your lifestyle.everyone is unique in their own way

"I am what I am

I am my own special creation"

As the song goes.

By *ednesday 2023TV/TS 27 weeks ago

Stortford

"For a CD the aim is not to pass, they do not wish to be accepted as a woman and are happy being seen as a man. For them it is only about the clothes. While TV means essentially the same thing, they care more about passability. They are more likely to identify themselves as a female, or at the very least not a male and wish to be treated within the remits of female gender relations. A CD is happy to be refered to as ‘him’ as TV is not."

This is more or less my views,

If I saw CD I'm not expecting wig or make up necessary, where most of us started. I would class myself as a TV, I dress to please myself, but more and more want to look feminine and go out dressed, but have no desire to transition.

I'm also happy for you to call yourself whatever you want, so long as it's all about having fun.

By *inky_ragnarCouple 27 weeks ago

Peterborough

With Fab not clarifying things as clearly as some people want. Why not police your own accounts and be sure to state what you are, what you are seeking. A lot of accounts are too vague

» Add a new message to this topic