FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Just a little idea......

Just a little idea......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just an idea and I admit I have no idea how workable it is. I often see ideas put forward, for example an ethnicity option, which some thought was a great idea, admin agreed to but others thought was a very bad idea. Would there be a possibility of members voting? It could be restricted to site supporters, one of the perks, which would give admin the general view. Like I said don't know if it's even possible and others may think it's a pants idea but then again you could always vote on it Ellie x.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itchfieldMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It would be great to have a way for the admins to work out which changes people really wanted to see first.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is a good idea, but if you think of the practicalities you would end up with a vote on everything or even worse majority wound mot rule. Someone would come up with an idea a survey monkey type page would be set up and only a few would bother to vote and think that the idea should be carried forward! I have had experience of this both in work and leisure time activities. Democracy is a great idea as long as someone is in charge!!!

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"It is a good idea, but if you think of the practicalities you would end up with a vote on everything or even worse majority wound mot rule. Someone would come up with an idea a survey monkey type page would be set up and only a few would bother to vote and think that the idea should be carried forward! I have had experience of this both in work and leisure time activities. Democracy is a great idea as long as someone is in charge!!!"

if i remember correctly admin did say once that less than 10% of members use the forums so would not be a true representation

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Much lower than that!

Quote from Admin in another thread:
"forums are a minority interest.

106,000 people logged into the site yesterday and sent over 750,000 private messages.

Only 915 of the 106,000 made posts to the forums

Admin x "

"Are you able to tell how many of them read forum posts, without posting?

Not easily.

But can see that forum pageviews are around 1.2% of total site pageviews.

Admin x"

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"It is a good idea, but if you think of the practicalities you would end up with a vote on everything or even worse majority wound mot rule. Someone would come up with an idea a survey monkey type page would be set up and only a few would bother to vote and think that the idea should be carried forward! I have had experience of this both in work and leisure time activities. Democracy is a great idea as long as someone is in charge!!!

if i remember correctly admin did say once that less than 10% of members use the forums so would not be a true representation "

I thought they said less than 1%

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just an idea and I admit I have no idea how workable it is. I often see ideas put forward, for example an ethnicity option, which some thought was a great idea, admin agreed to but others thought was a very bad idea. Would there be a possibility of members voting? It could be restricted to site supporters, one of the perks, which would give admin the general view. Like I said don't know if it's even possible and others may think it's a pants idea but then again you could always vote on it Ellie x. "

but we would have to be prepared to pay more membership at the moment it is very cheap but what costs the owners obviously to do more things we would have to help pay for as long as if that happens we dont moan about site costs xx

By *itchfieldMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

They already make changes regularly. The idea of having some way of registering peoples interest is to help them focus on the things users really want. Also the percentage of users who use the forums is irrelevant. Of course lots of people don't use the forums, they're not particularly good forums.

Any feature which needs love isn't going to be well used. Not improving it because not many people use it is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Finally there's just like voting in a general election there's really no reason to care about the opinions of people who don't vote.

Given the changes the admin do make they obviously want the site to be better all the time (naturally). I cannot see how this would do anything other than make it easier.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

[Removed by poster at 26/02/13 15:50:43]

» Add a new message to this topic