FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Body type option on search ?

Body type option on search ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oonboy81 OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Hi all, my 1st forum post here, we all have preferences some of which we can & some we can't choose when searching profiles. one we can't is body type, my preference is for curvy, large ladies. We have to state our body type when setting up a profile so why not have it as a search option ? Anyone else agree ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi all, my 1st forum post here, we all have preferences some of which we can & some we can't choose when searching profiles. one we can't is body type, my preference is for curvy, large ladies. We have to state our body type when setting up a profile so why not have it as a search option ? Anyone else agree ? "

Why not a hair colour option?

Or an ethnicity option?

Or a height option?

An eye colour option?

A shoe size option?

Where would it end?

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

I'm sure there is a thread on this somewhere.. Admin saying they are looking at the different options to add to searches, like ethnicity, body shape, sexual orientation..etc

Hope it comes soon as we understand your request, as we like black guys so finding loads of white guys in search results doesn't help us find what we are looking for

So thin ladies in search results, when you want large curvy, just means lots of looking at the wrong types of profiles.

There will now be loads of people saying they have found lovely people that they would have see if they had narrowed the search too much..good for them! But we have a swinging preference that we want to continue to use

Cheshire and London

"Why not a hair colour option?

Or an ethnicity option?

Or a height option?

An eye colour option?

A shoe size option?

Where would it end?"

When the members of the site are happy!!!!

Ethnicity a great option, height maybe..H is a 6'1" woman so doesn't like to meet 5'1" men!!! Hair colour maybe, if a man likes a blonde, why show him loads of brunettes, if a woman likes a hairy man why show bald men.. at the end it all about preference.

But there is also a wider point, many other swingers websites have these search options, so why not FAB?

Think you've answered your own question there. Fab isn't other websites, its far better as it is.

Cheshire and London

"Think you've answered your own question there. Fab isn't other websites, its far better as it is.

"

Not saying FAB, isn't great, but I use other website to find meets, I even pay them more for the privilege!

If FAB had a better search, I would cancel my other subscriptions, only use FAB and even pay more for the super advanced search option!!!!

Cheshire and London

"Think you've answered your own question there. Fab isn't other websites, its far better as it is.

"

Just one more point, the other disadvantage of not being able to search say, body type is that, FAB only returns 300 results for a search, this is organised by last logged in time. The problem with this is the last 300 people may be mostly thin women and not what the user requires!!!

Now you may think that this is unlikely, which may be true. But in our case,as there are more single white guys on here this is extremely limiting when you have a particular preference.

Finally, what's the problem with more choice when searching? If you are looking for anything then you don't have to use it, just better for those that do want it. Also if you don't want to say what your body shape, hair colour or ethnicity is you can miss this from your profile , only thing will be you only show in the general searches and not the advanced search options.

By *appy campersCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

To be honest, i know we all have preferences, but we have met all different types of people and you don't always necessarily click with your 'chosen' preference, so maybe having 'options' takes away the fun of finding someone totally out of your usual stereotype who could in fact be a perfect match? Just our opinion xx

"Why not a hair colour option?

Or an ethnicity option?

Or a height option?

An eye colour option?

A shoe size option?

Where would it end?"

I think you are going ott with that I personally think a body type addition to the search would be a good option along with bi option. Im sure it would come In useful for many members.

The only problem is that a lot of people arent honest or accurate with their description of themselves

Cheshire and London

"To be honest, i know we all have preferences, but we have met all different types of people and you don't always necessarily click with your 'chosen' preference, so maybe having 'options' takes away the fun of finding someone totally out of your usual stereotype who could in fact be a perfect match? Just our opinion xx"

While I agree that your chosen preference my not always be a perfect match. If you are looking for a preference it is for a reason, so if your turned on my curvy women, a stick just won't cut it. H loves Black guys and while we also meet white guys if we are looking for a black guy it would be so much easier to cut through all the white guy profiles with a more advanced search engine.

Cheshire and London

"

The only problem is that a lot of people arent honest or accurate with their description of themselves "

But you could tell by looking at their profile pics! if someone says curvy and look a bit too slim, then you could move on. What a search option does is allow you to miss out all those people who classify themselves as slim out. Otherwise you have to look at a load of slim women's pics just to find the curvy one your looking for.

Problem is every woman has there own description of curvy!!!!! One woman on here im friends with describes herself as curvy and shes a size 8!!!!! Lol crazy!!!!!

"

The only problem is that a lot of people arent honest or accurate with their description of themselves

But you could tell by looking at their profile pics! if someone says curvy and look a bit too slim, then you could move on. What a search option does is allow you to miss out all those people who classify themselves as slim out. Otherwise you have to look at a load of slim women's pics just to find the curvy one your looking for."

I think you miss read my post. I'm agreeing that a more advanced search would be good. Im just saying you'd still have a lot of profiles that come up in the search that dont meet what you are looking for because theres a lot of people that aren't accurate in their description of themselves. Ive seen loads of profiles where they have put curvy or average and they are clearly obese.

So although it would be a good idea and still useful you are still going to have profiles coming up that dont match what you are looking for

Cheshire and London

"Problem is every woman has there own description of curvy!!!!! One woman on here im friends with describes herself as curvy and shes a size 8!!!!! Lol crazy!!!!! "

Yes I understand that but, those women who call themselves slim, won't show when looking for a curvy lady and therefore reduce the search result number to a manageable number. You then look through the results and can easily spot the size 8 who thinks she is curvy!

Now if someone is size 16 and calls herself slim, just won't show in the results for curvy, but their loss..lol.

But I perhaps have a different solution, instead of a description based on the profile own perception of their body, you just ask for a size 8, 10, 12 etc... That is based on fact and then the person searching for a person can make up their mind what they think curvy is say, size 14+, or 18's+, or 22's+. This gives a greater opportunity for the member doing the search, as opposed to the profile owner, to what they perceive as curvy. Now they could just say I'm size 12 when they are 8's but again a quick look at their pics would help here.

Now I have seen plenty of answers to knock the idea but none with a solution!!! I point out again if I want a black guy, search results with a white guy are just a pain. But more than that they fill up the space in the 300 search results available with members I have no interest in meeting with.

Cheshire and London

"

So although it would be a good idea and still useful you are still going to have profiles coming up that dont match what you are looking for"

Yes but asking for an actual size, as in the above post , will reduce this. But any reduction will be a help. In our case not seeing white guys would be an excellent idea and this is less open to abuse, not many black guys call themselves white or visa versa

[Removed by poster at 26/02/13 19:27:01]

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 26/02/13 21:18:54]

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I agree, wed more like a filter for sexual orientation as we look for bi women and then maybe one for ethnicity (dont shoot..) .

Shape is a bit of a mine field.. as im a size 8/10 but say i was average but Mr says im slim . x

i think there should be more options.. afterall there is a billion posts all going on about everyone is allowed a preference..

sexual orientation is a very good option needed.. cos if u want to organise a bi mmf then its vital really

"Hi all, my 1st forum post here, we all have preferences some of which we can & some we can't choose when searching profiles. one we can't is body type, my preference is for curvy, large ladies. We have to state our body type when setting up a profile so why not have it as a search option ? Anyone else agree ? "

» Add a new message to this topic