FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > no thanks button

no thanks button

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is a suggestion for all the couples and fems and men who find it so hard to say no thanks to a message.

is it possible that right next to delete put a no thanks option where you only have to click once and it sends an automated message back.

I'm not talking about messages which have been sent by men who haven't read the profile properly, or messages which contain one word or line, or messages full of spelling mistakes or obscene messages blah blah blah

I'm talking about messages sent by people who fit the specific requirements asked by the couple/woman or man, and who have sent a polite, well thought out message. A no thanks would be much appreciated. even a no thanks message and then block the person so they can't send back messages begging or abusing.

even a fuck off you ugly pig button would be better than just a blank

ok I think I have blown off enough steam now, rant over.

This is a serious suggestion and it would be nice to know if there is a reason why it can't be done.

Den x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think I a thanks for the message but no thanks button would be a great idea.

"I think I a thanks for the message but no thanks button would be a great idea."

Thanks

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Doesn't the message being deleted, tell you the same thing?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Doesn't the message being deleted, tell you the same thing?"

this.....

and then you would start getting complaints that the button is used instead of a person response.....

sometimes I do find this topic strange as if a no thank you.. as opposed to getting no reply and having a message deleted is really any better..

different means of the same result

it does seem like ego stroking to me...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But then the forums will be full of single men posting comments that why do I get an automated response rather than a personal one. Surely a deleted message tells you that they aren't interested anyway

not necessarily. woman and to a lesser extent couples do get loads of messages and sometimes they just delete all messages without reading them because they don't have time.

there have been more than a few instances where i have had messages deleted before and have either messaged them later or spoken in chat room and have subsequently met them. they hadn't deleted the message because they didn't like me but rather because they hadn't had time to read all messages.

However if the message had been read and deleted because they didn't like me then with a no thanks message personally or automated then i would know not to message them in the future.

Saving everyone time and keeping frustrations down to a minimum.

In Your Bush

"not necessarily. woman and to a lesser extent couples do get loads of messages and sometimes they just delete all messages without reading them because they don't have time.

"

If they don't have time to read them. I can't see them individually clicking a button against each one, when they can bulk delete.

I agree a no thanks button will be good, I try to respond to everyone even the one liners and respond with a no thanks, as I personally believe its rude to not respond (however annoying and time consuming it is), a no thanks button would be quick to use, and give me more time to focus on the messages I wish to indulge further with a view to meet.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

I believe Admin once tried a no thank button. People complained that the no thanks was in impersonal. The best way to look at it is if you do not get a reply treat it as no thanks. A no thanks is a polite way of saying no. Getting no reply back is just another way of saying no.

I think the best approach would be a combined 'no thanks' & 'block' button. That way you indicate that you've read the person's message and that you're not interested whilst simultaneously preventing them from contacting you in the future.

If I get msgs from a guy who hasnt sent a face pic or used my spec word, or he has and he just doesnt do it for me lookswise (yes I know looks dont matter but sometimes they do). I send a polite thank you for your message but its a polite no thank you and I usually get a msg back thanking me for bothering to reply. thank you button sounds gd idea but it doesnt take long to write something similar to what I do.

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

As it states in the rules that a no reply should be taken as a "No thank you" I don't see what difference a button like that would make.

If people bulk-delete their messages anyway they're still not likely to use it... x

By *jtogoMan  over a year ago

lowestoft

I think is a really good idea. A polite reply of "no thank you" is better than no reply. I understand that single ladies & couples must get a lot of messages & it would take far to long to type out replies for all of them, but a button sounds great....well at least for the polite men that have thought about the message they sent anyway.

At least then we know we haven't offended them & that we're just not what they're looking for

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Plus if it was just no thanks then people would still get the crappy messages back saying why not. And if it was no thanks then block then there would be many forum posts moaning they'd been blocked.

And i don't know if this is true but someone posted saying the block list size was limited to a few hundred? If this is the case it would be full very quickly.

By *jtogoMan  over a year ago

lowestoft

"Plus if it was just no thanks then people would still get the crappy messages back saying why not. And if it was no thanks then block then there would be many forum posts moaning they'd been blocked.

And i don't know if this is true but someone posted saying the block list size was limited to a few hundred? If this is the case it would be full very quickly. "

That is also true about the "why not" messages. I think we just have to come to terms with the fact that polite people just delete messages as well & that we'll always have the annoying idiots that don't take no for an answer lol

In Your Bush

"Plus if it was just no thanks then people would still get the crappy messages back saying why not. And if it was no thanks then block then there would be many forum posts moaning they'd been blocked.

And i don't know if this is true but someone posted saying the block list size was limited to a few hundred? If this is the case it would be full very quickly. "

I have heard claims of a block list containing up to 3,500. Don't know how true it is.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

And i don't know if this is true but someone posted saying the block list size was limited to a few hundred? If this is the case it would be full very quickly.

I have heard claims of a block list containing up to 3,500. Don't know how true it is. "

hmmm... Lol x

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Exactly, in my mind it won't change anything except give people another reason to moan about not recieving a personal reply. x

» Add a new message to this topic