FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Thanks but no thanks button

Thanks but no thanks button

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etLike OP   Man  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I understand that a lot of users get bombarded with messages. Some just delete all, some senders end up messaging again asking if they got the first message.

How about an auto reply button where, before someone deletes a message, or bulk deletes a load of messages, a pre written "thanks but no thanks" message is sent. This could be personalised to whatever the user wanted eg. "We are not meeting at the moment, please feel free to message after the 16th"

I know that some wont take the hint but it has got to be better than those more polite senders feeling like they're just completely ignored.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

On another site we use that has this, people start threads coplaining about getting an automated message

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes a few other sites use them...I'm against an automated reply..I do prefer to be told "in person" and not by a robot

By *etLike OP   Man  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I appreciate it seems impersonal. A voice in a lift telling you which floor you're on is impersonal but at least you know where you stand - literally!

Better an auto reply than nothing at all

I just have auto text setup on my iPad/iPhone so I just type three letters and a set peice of "thanks but no thanks" comes up.

If the button also stopped people replying with "why, what's your type?" Type messages I'm all for it, but I'm happy to stick with my way of things at the moment.

No reply = "thanks but no thanks".

From the FAQs:

"It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?"

I think a 'thanks-no-thanks' would work..people get shirty about one line messages being sent.then you take time to write a detailed message....for no reply???forgive me and i expect i will get a block or ban.....but i think it is rude for no reply....an automated would be better than nothing!

sad i know, but i thank the people who send the thank but no thanks message, for the courtesy of letting me know

If you don't get a reply then it's clear that the recipient isn't interested. If you get a "thanks but no thanks" then the recipient is clearly not interested.

Sorry but I really fail to see the difference.

"If you don't get a reply then it's clear that the recipient isn't interested. If you get a "thanks but no thanks" then the recipient is clearly not interested.

Sorry but I really fail to see the difference. "

We've had a number of people not reply to messages, but then still want to meet down the line.

A no reply is not necessarily a no. It's just a not right now in our eyes.

A block or no thanks reply is a clear no.

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

The way this site works means that if you block someone even if you have mailed them before then they can still contact you by mail. By not replying to a message that you have no interest in, it then means you can block them and not have to worry about them still being able to message you.

"The way this site works means that if you block someone even if you have mailed them before then they can still contact you by mail. By not replying to a message that you have no interest in, it then means you can block them and not have to worry about them still being able to message you.

"

Incorrect.

You cant filter message block on profiles you have previously messaged.

Blocks on a specific profile by means fo the block function is a block end off story.

» Add a new message to this topic