FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > automatic notification of messages being received

automatic notification of messages being received

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in getting the site to look into establishing an automatic notification of messages, rather than having to reload the page frequently to see if messages have come in? Many other sites do this automatically on their website and mobile application through push notifications etc. Sometimes when browsing or working offsite you can miss messgages easily. It could be a feature you can switch off if you don't want it on for privacy purposes. Let me know what you think

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obbobeanMan  over a year ago

dagenham

Sounds a good idea to me, but I don't know how difficult this will be to implicate

Technically I don't know mate, but lots of other sites have this feature, just thought it might be one worth thinking about. See what admin think about it, if they pick up on the thread.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Erm - check your email notification preferences - it's already there and has been for as long as I can remember!!

That's a different funtion mate and not what I'm talking about. Yes you can set to receieve message notifications to an email account but that means you have to have that email account open constantly as well. That isn't practical especially for the mobile version of the site. What I'm talking about is either some sort of audable feature that sounds perhaps when a message is received (which cen be disabled if necessary) or a pop up alert. At the moment unless you re-fresh the page you don't know a message has been received. Other sites have this function and allow you to browse offsite and then drop back in if message arrive and answer them immediately.

"That's a different funtion mate and not what I'm talking about. Yes you can set to receieve message notifications to an email account but that means you have to have that email account open constantly as well. That isn't practical especially for the mobile version of the site. What I'm talking about is either some sort of audable feature that sounds perhaps when a message is received (which cen be disabled if necessary) or a pop up alert. At the moment unless you re-fresh the page you don't know a message has been received. Other sites have this function and allow you to browse offsite and then drop back in if message arrive and answer them immediately."

Works fine for especially on mobile I always have my email open as it's linked to my iPhone

No disrespect - but I'm pretty sure even people who are onsite as much as me (tend to leave myself logged in on phone a lot) will probably click on their home page periodically and see clearly if any new messages have rocked up in the old inbox!

And is it really that urgent to know when a message arrives? If you've something planned and you're waiting for a message you'll most likely already be logged on anyway?

If there was an audible sound some of the women I know would be walking round sounding like an old school pinball machine!!!

» Add a new message to this topic