FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > private groups

private groups

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi - we often arrange parties. Rather than having to email everyone separately, why don't we have a 'party' function, which would be an invite-only mini-group, so you could post your details, everyone can see who's going - but it's not on the whole site for everyone to see.

Just a thought

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

Good idea xx

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Hi - we often arrange parties. Rather than having to email everyone separately, why don't we have a 'party' function, which would be an invite-only mini-group, so you could post your details, everyone can see who's going - but it's not on the whole site for everyone to see.

Just a thought "

We're planning on improving meets/events functionality we'll bear this in mind since we can probably incorporate this type of thing

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or being able to add more than one recipient to a message would be good, for organising party's, club nights etc

"Hi - we often arrange parties. Rather than having to email everyone separately, why don't we have a 'party' function, which would be an invite-only mini-group, so you could post your details, everyone can see who's going - but it's not on the whole site for everyone to see.

Just a thought "

a daytime/nighttime/anytime option for meets would be good

Just a thought "

well if its a private group why bpther having it on here whats the point is it that you want others to feel excluded from your private clique which seems the case.

Why not just use normal hotmail you can create a group distribution list and mail everone in one hit easy. Why do it on here

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"well if its a private group why bpther having it on here whats the point is it that you want others to feel excluded from your private clique which seems the case."

"for organising party's, club nights etc"
??

The OP is asking for the function to send the same message to a group of profiles, rather than sending the same message many times. E.g. the recent Manchester Social had over 200 attendees, the organisers had to message them all individually!!

"well if its a private group why bpther having it on here whats the point is it that you want others to feel excluded from your private clique which seems the case.

for organising party's, club nights etc??

The OP is asking for the function to send the same message to a group of profiles, rather than sending the same message many times. E.g. the recent Manchester Social had over 200 attendees, the organisers had to message them all individually!! "

again why on here just appears people love having exclusive clubs and they enjoy the feeling it is exclusive and they are part of it. Why let the vast majority of fab users on here know about it yet are excluded.

My point still stands use hotmail email to do this many swinger clubs do it this way why should these people be any different

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"well if its a private group why bpther having it on here whats the point is it that you want others to feel excluded from your private clique which seems the case.

The OP is asking for the function to send the same message to a group of profiles, rather than sending the same message many times. E.g. the recent Manchester Social had over 200 attendees, the organisers had to message them all individually!! again why on here just appears people love having exclusive clubs and they enjoy the feeling it is exclusive and they are part of it. Why let the vast majority of fab users on here know about it yet are excluded.

My point still stands use hotmail email to do this many swinger clubs do it this way why should these people be any different"

Because whilst a lot of people are happy to give out emails, a lot just want to keep fab separate form their vanilla lives so only communicate through fab when going to socials. I don't see the harm in being able to have multiple recipients for emails

The OP is asking for the function to send the same message to a group of profiles, rather than sending the same message many times. E.g. the recent Manchester Social had over 200 attendees, the organisers had to message them all individually!! again why on here just appears people love having exclusive clubs and they enjoy the feeling it is exclusive and they are part of it. Why let the vast majority of fab users on here know about it yet are excluded.

My point still stands use hotmail email to do this many swinger clubs do it this way why should these people be any different"

Why would people feel excluded? People have a choice as to attend a party or not, that's not excluding anyone is it? Certainly not a private clique that's for sure

And why should we give out our email addy and I am not going to use hotmail especially given that its easily hacked into

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"again why on here just appears people love having exclusive clubs and they enjoy the feeling it is exclusive and they are part of it. Why let the vast majority of fab users on here know about it yet are excluded.

I can't see how a Social advertised for months on the Forums can be seen as "exclusive"! If Admin are able to provide the function and you don't want to use it, don't feel you have to!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think the poster is referring to "which would be an invite-only mini-group, so you could post your details, everyone can see who's going - but it's not on the whole site for everyone to see." that is in the OP and not socials advertised on the forum

"Or being able to add more than one recipient to a message would be good, for organising party's, club nights etc"

i know nightmare when your having to message about 80 odd yes from the forum would be good if we can have that option

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Id love to be able to click on all recipants at once to send out details of any socials and parties because at the moment if its a social for instance I sometimes have over 100 attending so copying and pasting details to all attending can be time consuming and tiedious so please admin give this idea some thought .

» Add a new message to this topic