FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Spring clean to make searching easier

Spring clean to make searching easier

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amschwingerz OP   Couple  over a year ago

West

I wonder what the managers of the site think about trimming down the ammount of people on here...Im talking people that, when you check their profile have not been here for some 6-9-12 months...its pretty obvious they are not interested...so what about a little spring cleaning?

I have looked on various formums...and its always a good measure of the size/activities on that site when you look at replies in chat forums and the amount of replies...and how often people log on to the site in general

If newcomers see that people are logging in and taking part regulary then they well do the same and stay..

Just a thought....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

sounds like a good idea I second that... we all can have times in life where we are busy but there are limits and a clean out of the none genuine would be great too ...

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"sounds like a good idea I second that... we all can have times in life where we are busy but there are limits and a clean out of the none genuine would be great too ... "

How is the decision on who is 'genuine' going to be taken though?

Agree,its a good idea.

As you say if they haven't logged on for 6 months or more they're just wasting space.

XXXX

West

"sounds like a good idea I second that... we all can have times in life where we are busy but there are limits and a clean out of the none genuine would be great too ...

How is the decision on who is 'genuine' going to be taken though? "

They may well have been genuine originally...but after 6 months then I would have thought it was obvious that they were not interested in the site..and if they were then all they would need to do was re join.

I'd say about 3 months personally..how time times have we all sent messages and not had a reply ...after 3 weeks you give up expecting one because the recipient probably isnt interested

If someone has been a member for 3 months and their last log in was 3 months ago then I'd think it fair to say they didnt like what they saw.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"sounds like a good idea I second that... we all can have times in life where we are busy but there are limits and a clean out of the none genuine would be great too ...

How is the decision on who is 'genuine' going to be taken though?

They may well have been genuine originally...but after 6 months then I would have thought it was obvious that they were not interested in the site..and if they were then all they would need to do was re join.

I'd say about 3 months personally..how time times have we all sent messages and not had a reply ...after 3 weeks you give up expecting one because the recipient probably isnt interested

If someone has been a member for 3 months and their last log in was 3 months ago then I'd think it fair to say they didnt like what they saw."

The comment I was answering wasn't about the time users last logged on, he was agreeing with the OP but was also throwing in "a clean out of the none genuine would be great too". So I was asking how that would be decided on

Seeing someone's last login is easy for admin but telling if folk are genuine or not isnt

"I wonder what the managers of the site think about trimming down the ammount of people on here...Im talking people that, when you check their profile have not been here for some 6-9-12 months...its pretty obvious they are not interested...so what about a little spring cleaning?

I have looked on various formums...and its always a good measure of the size/activities on that site when you look at replies in chat forums and the amount of replies...and how often people log on to the site in general

If newcomers see that people are logging in and taking part regulary then they well do the same and stay..

Just a thought...."

I think this is an excellent idea. I've done searches and got about 6 options to choose from then discovered there's only one in reality cos the other five haven't been logged in for a year!

sometimes the profiles that hve not been logged in for about a year are the spare profiles they keep in case their other one gets a ban, so many people have multiple profiles on ere its amazing xx

Ir would be a bit sad if peoples profiles were deleted after xx months, however I think it may be a decent idea to agree on a time frame and if the profile hasn't bee accessed within that set period, it is automatically hidden and an email sent to the member explaining what has happened.

"Ir would be a bit sad if peoples profiles were deleted after xx months, however I think it may be a decent idea to agree on a time frame and if the profile hasn't bee accessed within that set period, it is automatically hidden and an email sent to the member explaining what has happened.

"

Yes, I have known some forums to do similar, after a certain amount of time a message is sent stating they have not been active for x amount of time, and if they are interested in keeping their profile active, then to log in before a certain date, say about 1 month to the day.

I think this would be the better option if anything was to happen along these lines, to delete a profile after 3 or 6 month I disagree with, people work away, serve the forces away and so on, anyone could need some time out, though after 12 month, I would question whether or not they would be back.

hmmm what about people that work away from home for long periods ? suppose they could suspend their profile but if its suspended will the profile still be here when they get back ?

"Ir would be a bit sad if peoples profiles were deleted after xx months, however I think it may be a decent idea to agree on a time frame and if the profile hasn't bee accessed within that set period, it is automatically hidden and an email sent to the member explaining what has happened.

"

I agree... profile archived in a deep dark dungeon until the user logs on again but is invisible to other users until that time and so cant receive email and waste server space etc.

Steve

West

"

I wasnt suggesting that everyone profiles should be deleted after x amount of months..lol...just people that havnt llogged on for Id say about 3 months at least..great idea about their profile becoming hidden though as an option...we dont always look at the 'last log in' bit...and its a waste of time then, emialing people who virtually dont exist on here..If they have multiple accounts and dont use them for months on end then they obviously dont need them.

When you check the ones who aint logged on for months on end most have no friends and no varification either.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"

I think this is an excellent idea. I've done searches and got about 6 options to choose from then discovered there's only one in reality cos the other five haven't been logged in for a year!"

Wow granny it must have been a very restrictive search to only get 6 results lol

» Add a new message to this topic