FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Search problem

Search problem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I wonder if somebody can tell me if it is just me or if there is something wrong with the search on the postcode "AL" (St Albans) in the South East region?

When I've tried it, I get results which appear to be scattered around, including Norwich, Harlow, Croydon and others. I guess they could be just entered wrongly by the members, but it seems unlikely...

(I also seem to get the same thing with the "BR" code in the Greater London Region - it's also the 2nd on the list, same position as AL, which makes me wonder if its a more general problem)

Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hmmmm, the Post Code input by a person does not need to match his/her location.

In fact, his/her location is a free text field that can be changed at will.

Perhaps, that's the reason why the search does not appeart to throw up the correct locations relevant to the post codes entered.

Just a thought.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yeah, I would agree and can see that it may simply be the information provided by the members.

However, the reason I flagged it is that I've searched on each postcode separately and they all appear to return consistent result, with the exception of the AL one in the South East, and the BR one in Greater London (I didn't look at other regions)...

That said, I'm erring towards your suggestion. I guess if you set up your profile and pick a region, the default postcode will be the first one on the list (AL or BR), so if people don't think to change it, they will end up in those codes.

Perhaps it would be best to change the default to be blank and then enforce a change when they try to save the profile to ensure more accuracy? I don't mind if people don't want to put information in I guess, but leaving it with the wrong postcode really screws up the search function in those areas..

» Add a new message to this topic