FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > A Proper Events/Social Calandar....

A Proper Events/Social Calandar....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Any chance of finally putting one of these up....

it then helps people plan better.... and it helps social organisers know which dates other have something planned

we now have the fasical situation that 2 socials are going on, on the same night 20 miles apart (sheffield and wakefield) and people are now going to have to pick and choose.... where a little co-operation and knowledge may have helped

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

Not really an issue as you just go to the one closer to you. I wouldn't want to travel such distance for a social as it will be tricky getting home.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

You think thats bad?

Just before Xmas, there were discussions about people trying to get socials off the ground in 12 locations in South Wales!! Ok, so most didnt actually happen, but we are left with 2 in Cardiff, and one each in Swansea, Newport and Bridgend.

Is it such a bad thing?

Actually, probably not, it gives people options, meaning, much like buses in London, if they miss one, another will be along soon lol!

But, for those of us who have to travel, and book a hotel, it does mean that we have to pick which socials we go to, and it also means that, sometimes, there are two socials on the same weekend, or a social every weekend during the month, so it can get a little difficult to pick one.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like this idea, however it would soon be over run with 'club promoters'

That would be bad and the poor mods would end up with loads more to sort through

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

"You think thats bad?

Just before Xmas, there were discussions about people trying to get socials off the ground in 12 locations in South Wales!! Ok, so most didnt actually happen, but we are left with 2 in Cardiff, and one each in Swansea, Newport and Bridgend.

Is it such a bad thing?

Actually, probably not, it gives people options, meaning, much like buses in London, if they miss one, another will be along soon lol!

But, for those of us who have to travel, and book a hotel, it does mean that we have to pick which socials we go to, and it also means that, sometimes, there are two socials on the same weekend, or a social every weekend during the month, so it can get a little difficult to pick one. "

I didn't once say it was a bad idea just that more than one social miles from each other isn't really an issue

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

As the arranger of one of the socials that Fabio mentions all I can say is thems the breaks!

When planning a social I take into account a lot of variables before I finally choose a date and announce it. I do check to see what's going in in the area and also if it clashes with any other big dos, but I could easily finally confirm the booking with my venue then by the time I've got home and logged on someone else has posted something for that date!

I try not to tread on anyone's toes but no matter how carefully planned and even if there were a calendar there is still the possibility of clashes.

I'm sure both socials will be great fun and it's even feasible to start the evening at one and finish at the other! To my mind it's simply more variety and choice so it's all good.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have mentioned this before and think its a great idea ! Would also like a calendar option on profiles so you can see where people are going and on what dates ( yes i know you can see meets but they are only a week or two ahead )

You could have the option to show in public or private where you are going etc so others can see your plans ?? Its a good in road for potential meets as well

» Add a new message to this topic