FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fakes and friend list collectors

Fakes and friend list collectors

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and P OP   Couple  over a year ago

Northampton

We would like to make a suggestion to try and out the fakes and friend list collectors who plague this and most other swingers sites.

Our suggestion is to not allow any members to have a friends list unless :-

1. They have a verified photo picture.

2. They have at least 2 independant written verifications.

Only then will they be allowed to start a friends list on their profile page.

We think this would go a long way to keeping this site as genuine as possible, not sure how easy it would be to implement but hope this idea can be considered.

We love this site and have met many lovely couples and made a lot of friendships and do not want to offend anyone, it's just something we thought might be of help.

Claire & Pete

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have to ask sorry.......but why ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice one!!! In the interest of protecting the genuine people here I'd go one better and initiate photo verification for all, a small step in the right direction perhaps.

I respect the more successful a site becomes the more timewasters join and the problem is a difficult one.

Testimonies do build a great picture and personally I use them as a prerequisite for any meets, the drawback unfortunately is for genuine newbies who are'nt able straight away to show testimonies.

The total photo verification for all would be a great step in the right direction.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

The total photo verification for all would be a great step in the right direction. "

People can make the site work like this if they choose by blocking contact from non-photoverified members via their message filters page (and of course not contacting anyone who isn't verified themselves).

Admin x

"We would like to make a suggestion to try and out the fakes and friend list collectors who plague this and most other swingers sites.

Only then will they be allowed to start a friends list on their profile page.

We think this would go a long way to keeping this site as genuine as possible, not sure how easy it would be to implement but hope this idea can be considered.

We love this site and have met many lovely couples and made a lot of friendships and do not want to offend anyone, it's just something we thought might be of help.

Claire & Pete"

Surely you just delete any unwanted friends invites like we do,it takes no time at all to click on delete..

We only add possible meets to hot list till we have meet them then they go on our friends list, if we all had a great time that way we get rid of the pic collectors seems to be working so far. Works with timewasters but not as well but helps.

or wot ya could do is only have friends on your list that you have met or seen on cam. you wont get caught out then will ya lolol

"or wot ya could do is only have friends on your list that you have met or seen on cam. you wont get caught out then will ya lolol "

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

How would people see your pictures in your private gallery if they werent on your friends list

By *arryandlilCouple  over a year ago

scunthorpe

We are not photo verified and have no intention of doing so.

It doesn't make us any less genuine than someone who has all sorts of verifications coming out of their ears.

Fakes or picture collectors don't really bother us either way ...

It's only a very few people who we accept friends requests from - very few indeed, 99.9% are immediately deleted.

This half baked idea would only serve to complicate the site.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it

By *pikerubyCouple  over a year ago

bournemouth

i like it the way it is, people can choose how to manage their friends list. I wouldn;t want to see far too many rules.

Its not always easy to get verifications, esp if not wanting to cam or actually meet. (some do this!)

We prefer not to cam, but always looking to meet the right people!

"We are not photo verified and have no intention of doing so.

It doesn't make us any less genuine than someone who has all sorts of verifications coming out of their ears."

Totally agree ... We have verifications and also use our cam in the chatroom on occasion. We have many friends on the site who have met us in one way or another, why should we get photo verified when it means nothing to us.

"

"

Think the words "practice what you preach" come to mind!!!!

"

Think the words "practice what you preach" come to mind!!!!"

Agreed... We have not been photo verified,does this mean we are not allowed a friends list??

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 24/05/10 00:15:41]

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 24/05/10 00:17:32]

Northampton

Sorry we have only just noticed the ommision of the word 'or' between 1 & 2 in our original post here.

or

Thank you all for your comments,it was just an idea to see what other members thought, thats all.

we would be inclined to back the requirement for a photo verification before a profile either showing up in search results or being able to view any other profiles, for the genuine people out there who are probably just as keen to confirm their authenticity to other equally genuine people.. its the ONLY way to be 100% sure a new profile is genuine.. I'm NOT suggesting you need to be verified by other verified members before a profile be active or restrictions be lifted but introducing this would without doubt almost INSTANTLY de-bunk the MASSIVE amount of fake profiles that continually appear on the site EVERY day... I realise this may seem a tad draconian in it's ways, but its the only way I can see to convert the site to a 100% genuine site... granted there would be a few would be "photoshopers" creating fake verification images but they would be few and far between.. I'm expecting a bit of a barrage of disagreement but look at it like this...when the smoking ban in the UK was initially suggested the majority of folk didn't agree with it, I think now very few folk would want to lift it, it works it makes life better, and i think compulsory photo verification in FAB would too, other sites have had such measures in place for years... I think we are all sick to the back teeth of the SAD fakers out there...

The Westenders

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"we would be inclined to back the requirement for a photo verification before a profile either showing up in search results or being able to view any other profiles, for the genuine people out there who are probably just as keen to confirm their authenticity to other equally genuine people.. its the ONLY way to be 100% sure a new profile is genuine.. I'm NOT suggesting you need to be verified by other verified members before a profile be active or restrictions be lifted but introducing this would without doubt almost INSTANTLY de-bunk the MASSIVE amount of fake profiles that continually appear on the site EVERY day... I realise this may seem a tad draconian in it's ways, but its the only way I can see to convert the site to a 100% genuine site... granted there would be a few would be "photoshopers" creating fake verification images but they would be few and far between.. I'm expecting a bit of a barrage of disagreement but look at it like this...when the smoking ban in the UK was initially suggested the majority of folk didn't agree with it, I think now very few folk would want to lift it, it works it makes life better, and i think compulsory photo verification in FAB would too, other sites have had such measures in place for years... I think we are all sick to the back teeth of the SAD fakers out there...

The Westenders "

I am not photo verified and have no intention of getting photo verified either.

The meet verifications on my profile are enough to prove I am who I say I am and don't see how being pic verified would make it any different to what it is now.

The site offers a number of ways to get verified and photo verified is only one of them, the idea that you would need it to show up in searches or be able to view profiles isn't a good one and still wouldn't make the site any better than it is now!

Just my tuppence worth!

"I am not photo verified and have no intention of getting photo verified either.

The meet verifications on my profile are enough to prove I am who I say I am and don't see how being pic verified would make it any different to what it is now.

The site offers a number of ways to get verified and photo verified is only one of them, the idea that you would need it to show up in searches or be able to view profiles isn't a good one and still wouldn't make the site any better than it is now!

Just my tuppence worth! "

and neither you should sir, you are already an established genuine swinger.. the suggestion was not that current verified and OBVIOUSLY genuine profiles need to picture verify... FAB is without doubt the busiest FREE swingers site on the planet.. our suggestion was for compulsory picture verification for "NEW" profiles, or those profile (we all know the ones) older than say a month which have had no form of verification whatsoever, it's not a big deal really the photo verification is NEVER seen by any site member and it instantly re assured the rest of the community that the profile is genuine. your profile being that of a single male probably, and I'm just hazarding a guess here, doesn't receive quite as many emails per day as say a single female's or a couple's profile, a huge proportion of which are fairly obviously from dreamers or fakers, a 300 strong friends list, a portfolio of pictures from a penthouse photo shot, been a member for eons, and never having either spoken on the phone or met another site member. The suggestion was for either new or currently unverified profiles be "encouraged" to photo verify... I'm sure some folk who feel the need to argue Black is White or love a debate will shoot this suggestion down in flames, but again I'm also sure the genuine people out there are just as keen as we are to turn this already fantastic community into a fantastic authentic community, introducing photo verification would be a step in the right direction towards this..

The Westenders

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

For a minute there I thought I read the genuine people will want PV........so that would make you being not genuine if you didn't like the idea.

PV is just one of the things that helps people decide wether people are genuine or not....I think gut instinct plays a huge part of the process though.

I think sometimes a lot of "genuine" people and their process might make them miss out on some great meets if they are too strict with it......a mention of someone being fake if they have been on the site for a month and not had a meet is strict for me....our first meet wasn't until we had been on the site for 11 weeks, and the man we met had not had ameet before......all of us were real but none of us would have passed the "genuine" peoples radar

We met a guy not long ago,he had been on this site 6months and not been verified,so to say someone could be fake if they have been on here for more than a month is a bit harsh,what about all the lovely guys who find it hard to get a meet?

No matter what ya do short of a three week interview and police background checks,psychological reports and video evidence that they have swung

You will always get the fakes and wannabes thats life

Luckily there are more genuine people on sites than non genuine xx

thanks for your input here guys its interesting, there is, and I'm sure always will be an exception to any rule, the fundamental principal of a photo verification system allows a member to confirm their authenticity and to a degree the fact that they are serious about participating in this lifestyle and not just another profile set up just to have a snoop about. As previously stated no matter what suggestions are made there will be parties who disagree, sometimes it appears just for the sake of it, even if their argument contradicts logic, but the bottom line is... if compulsory photo verifications where introduced for new profiles, the way they are in a most of other sites, the number of "new" fake profiles appearing would all but disappear over night... that fact just cant be contested

The Westenders

» Add a new message to this topic