FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Thanks but no thanks

Thanks but no thanks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Put a button next to the delete message button that sends a message saying 'Thank you for your message but unfortunately you are not what I/we are looking for.' It would be so much politer than just seeing that your message has been deleted.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yes very true ,,ignorant as well

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

Why? It must seem very obvious that you are not what someone is looking for if they delete your mail, why duplicate the info?

"yes very true ,,ignorant as well"

its not ignorant not to reply to someone who your not interested in some people just get to many messages to reply to. and we only ignore messages that are from people who message us regardles of the fact that they cleary dont meet our requirements

Forum Mod

People would only start moaning that they got an automated thanks but no thanks instead of a personal hand typed one

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"People would only start moaning that they got an automated thanks but no thanks instead of a personal hand typed one "

That is soooooo true, on another site we use someone started a thread saying exactly that !

but surely if your not what they want it is only the click of a button ,and good manners

"but surely if your not what they want it is only the click of a button ,and good manners"

That could be, in some instances, one hundred clicks a day.

What's the difference in a deleted message, and a 'thanks but no thanks'? Nothing. It's the internet. Move on and find someone who does match you and you them.

But if you have 100 messages, it's just 100 clicks of a button ...

At the end of the day, if you don't get a reply and they delete your message, it means they're not interested

Get over it ...

ok ladies ,,keep your hair on ,,is the sun getting to you ,its only opinions

It does sound more like whinging, especially when the subject is repeated sooooooo often on here.

And we weren't getting uppity, just adding our own opinion.

"ok ladies ,,keep your hair on ,,is the sun getting to you ,its only opinions"

Good job I'm a bloke then innit ?

dont argue ,,discuss,, it gives food for thought

"but surely if your not what they want it is only the click of a button ,and good manners"

Your choice to email someone the person who you email chooses to delete.. Deleted email means they dont want to meet.

"dont argue ,,discuss,, it gives food for thought "

Kindly point me to who was arguing.

I think the 'keep your hair on' comment made by, oh I can't remember, was the only mildly inflamatory comment made

yes i take your point ,,but sometimes a nice sent message ,can take a while to put together,,so its only fair in my OPINION to reply ,,,or do you just whant fancy a fuck ,,,crude

"yes i take your point ,,but sometimes a nice sent message ,can take a while to put together,,so its only fair in my OPINION to reply ,,,or do you just whant fancy a fuck ,,,crude"

Again that is your choice to send someone an email,the person who recieves the email hasnt asked you to email them,so its their choice to delete it...You cant make people reply to an email just bacause you decided to email them...

Moaning about it will do you no favours!

please tell me this then ,,why after your message is read ,,does it say ,,been read but still left on,and not deleted

"please tell me this then ,,why after your message is read ,,does it say ,,been read but still left on,and not deleted"

Obviously then it hasnt been deleted...

Forum Mod

Who knows? but is it that important?

Some people mass delete all their mail everynow and then

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"dont argue ,,discuss,, it gives food for thought "

I only saw people giving their opinions and you getting childish because they did

"please tell me this then ,,why after your message is read ,,does it say ,,been read but still left on,and not deleted"

Because people are individuals and use the site as they see fit. As is their choice.

Some delete without reading. Some read, and think I'll respond later. Some read, think not for me and delete emails at a later date.

There are no set rules for how to manage your own inbox.

What a lot of guys on here have to realise that just because this is a swing site wonem are not going to drop their knickers to every guy who emails them!

ok ,i rest my case

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hadn't realised this would bring up so much debate. Just mentioned it as saw such a button on another site, but have learnt from people's input and things are clearer, thank you.

"But if you have 100 messages, it's just 100 clicks of a button ...

At the end of the day, if you don't get a reply and they delete your message, it means they're not interested

Get over it ..."

Absolutely, got better things and little time to spend composing a long flowing load of stuff to let people down gently

By *onny BonesMan  over a year ago

a block away from heaven

Just to add another slant on this topic.... Should people really send long winded messages to somebody you have nver spoken to before? I think it wrong to dismiss one liners and state this on profiles if you have no intention of replying to well thought out emails,

Forum Mod

I would prefer not to get a really long message,I prefer to see a well thought out profile

I have met fabulous people that im still friends with on the back of a decent one liner

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The very first meet we ever had was from a person who had sent a mail with a short sentance that made us laugh so we mailed back. It turned out to be the start of some great fun in real life.

I actually really like this idea, because due the the volumms of emails I get I don't alwasy get the chance to reply to everyone, but I do feel guilty not replying to the people i'm not interested in, but I have a blanket apology on my profile.

So for me this would to me be a great solutuion, especially if it could be combined with the delete function.

Just my two pennies worth.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Cut and paste is just as fast and you can make it your words

"Cut and paste is just as fast and you can make it your words "

Its noit as quick as just clicking a button, because you have to cut and paste, then go back into the message and delete.

If it was just a click to "thanks but no thanks" and delete it would make it very quick and easy.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you are doing a few mails you only have to copy it once and keep pasting, then hit delete all once you have finished.

I suppose it maye save a person two clicks of the mouse yeah.

I've solved all of this . I got myself three women. One to type all my replies , one to fuck the ones I say yes to and one to write thankyou letters.

Forum Mod

Yes and shes a hard task master that Granny......working my fingers to the bone here

Forum Mod

O o O oo

lmao @ granny

"What a lot of guys on here have to realise that just because this is a swing site wonem are not going to drop their knickers to every guy who emails them!

"

I didn't realise there were wonems on the site too. How do I add them to my searches?

By *ewcastleguy1Man  over a year ago

Craster

Well I would like the option of a 'thanks but no thanks' button. I get inundated with so many messages from single wonems wanting my body and I would like to be able to let them all down gently with a polite reply.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

@newcastleguuy: lol

I'm old enough to believe that manners are still important. So a thanks-but-no-thanks button would be appreciated.

By *h1lsthemanMan  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

I agree with this tread ! I am constantly frustrated by single woman and couples that just delete messages without relying dont even know if they bother to read messages or look at profile ! I make sure i type each message i send according to who i am sending it to and i think it is only polite to read it and reply even if it a no thankyou

Forum Mod

O o O oo

And you think a "thanks but no thanks" button will make them read/answer your mail?

Get used to it, people don't always answer. Move onto the next person who might.

Me, lol if on the odd occasion i send out mail anyway I then never check up to see if its been opened (memory is shite lol)

If I gets a mail back though I open it and hey presto someone who I do appeal to

I certainly don't loose sleep over the ones that ain't returned thats a little sad in my opinion xx

"Put a button next to the delete message button that sends a message saying 'Thank you for your message but unfortunately you are not what I/we are looking for.' It would be so much politer than just seeing that your message has been deleted."

tough titty......when we get unsolicited mail, we will decide for ourselves if we reply or not, and even if there was a "no thanks" button, we wouldn't use it

"Put a button next to the delete message button that sends a message saying 'Thank you for your message but unfortunately you are not what I/we are looking for.' It would be so much politer than just seeing that your message has been deleted.

tough titty......when we get unsolicited mail, we will decide for ourselves if we reply or not, and even if there was a "no thanks" button, we wouldn't use it "

Us too and we wouldnt use it,and we are no longer replying to emails that we are not interested in as we are sick of the abusive emails back,twice in just a week i have had to report profiles for being abusive just because we said thanks but no thanks.

I don't think there is any need to be offensive to people who don't reply to your emails, it's their choice at the end of the day.

However, I can appreciate the other side of the argument, especially when you take the time and effort to read people's profiles and mail them because you think you are what they are looking for.Having nothing back doesn't give you any feedback and at the end of the day is there were more feedback there should theoretically be less wasted messages.

Isn't that what we all want ultimately ?

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"I don't think there is any need to be offensive to people who don't reply to your emails, it's their choice at the end of the day.

However, I can appreciate the other side of the argument, especially when you take the time and effort to read people's profiles and mail them because you think you are what they are looking for.Having nothing back doesn't give you any feedback and at the end of the day is there were more feedback there should theoretically be less wasted messages.

Isn't that what we all want ultimately ?"

A no reply is feedback

It's a no we are not interested in you and therefore we are not even replying to your mail!

It's not that hard to work out really!

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

The truth can sometimes hurt.

» Add a new message to this topic