FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Thank you admin x

Thank you admin x

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Last week I discovered a fake profile set up with all my details and using explicit pics of me that only one person could have had. Admin quickly shut it down.

I then asked if they could check a particular profile and if the same IP address was found could they shut that down too. They did this quickly too.

so just wanted to say a huge thank you for their quick and efficient action, its saved me a few sleepless nights.

And Im sure this is not the last so if anyone comes across a profile that looks similar to mine then please let me know. Thats the only way I discovered the fake in the first place. Thank you xx

p.s. Thank you to the moderator and friend who helped me xxxxxxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

nice to have a thank you to admin posted, usually it's a winge lol

Glad all was sorted for you too. xxx

Do you want your pictures back???

hehehe G xx

"Do you want your pictures back???

hehehe G xx"

haha - was miffed - they were bloody good pics lol

I dont mind taking some more .like the last ones

lololololol

Buboo xxxxx

GLAD ITS RESOLVED X

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Hi Sexsyxx,

Glad you've got it sorted out!

Can anyone tell me if there is any rule against labelling or watermarking pictures before uploading them?

If not, I'll try to produce a relatively simple guide. It should help prevent pictures being stolen, but, unfortunately, not the profile text.

Rain xxxx

i put my name on my pics xx

ok so now Im confused. I asked admin that if a certain profile hadthe same ip address as the fake one could they shut it down as it was obviously the same person. Having done this, the profile is back on - why would this be?

By *onnoisseur100Man  over a year ago

Woking-ish

"Do you want your pictures back???

hehehe G xx

haha - was miffed - they were bloody good pics lol"

Glad you got it sorted out, the're great pics mind you.... I know it's not a pleasent thing to have happened, but hopefully eventually you might see it as a complement if somewhat backhanded!!!

but nice pics!!!! those that I can see at least.

stay happy...

sorry if people have misunderstood - my pics were not stolen from my profile - this is more sinister than that.

These were private explicit pictures that someone took of me (an ex) that I would never put on public display.

The profile was made using all of my details, location, age, etc ie. pretending to be me.. I dont know what other pics were put in the private gallery as obviously I wasnt a friend.

Thank you for admin removing this but I really feel that once the IP address has been discovered from the fake profile anyone else registered using the same IP address should be removed also. I would appreciate feedback on this. Thanks

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Sadly, there is every chance that the IP is different, and will keep changing with every visit.

[Removed by poster at 23/06/10 10:48:56]

"Sadly, there is every chance that the IP is different, and will keep changing with every visit."

I realise that profiles could be created on different pcs, but all Im asking is that IF they are the same, they are removed. xx

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

My mistake, I thought you were trying to find out why the profile had been "un-deleted"

"Sadly, there is every chance that the IP is different, and will keep changing with every visit."

sharp dressed man is spot on here guys most Internet Service Providers (ISPs) i.e. AOL or VIRGIN etc frequently change their customers IP address from a huge pool of IP addresses, some fix them but in general most of the time when a person logs in again or reboots their modem they will be seen as originating from a different IP address there is another way to track access using a MAC address but this process which is more reliable and much harder to spoof would probably involve a bit of a rehash of the site code... I've just made a post on a different thread regarding Photo Verification on profiles in order to become active, if such a system had been implemented then this probably wouldn't have happened..

The Westenders

» Add a new message to this topic