FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Meet today not a meet today

Meet today not a meet today

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I keep coming across people on the site listing themselves as looking to meet today I what appears to be an attempt to stoke up interest in a weekend meet, therefore meaning they have no intention of meeting today.

Maybe I'm being pedantic but it is somewhat misleading and also annoying when you then find they don't want to meet on the day.

Would appreciate thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agree with you there.

Weird thing is whenever I have posted a meet today on my couples profile the only interest we get is people who do want to meet at a later date.

I thought meet today was self explanatory!

haha well I didn't expect that!

So OP what do you think the site should do if people dont 'meet today'? A ban? Thrown off the site? Prison? Bring back hanging?

Seriously wtf can be done??

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

They probably don't realise you can post meet today's in advance.

"So OP what do you think the site should do if people dont 'meet today'? A ban? Thrown off the site? Prison? Bring back hanging?

Seriously wtf can be done??"

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"So OP what do you think the site should do if people dont 'meet today'? A ban? Thrown off the site? Prison? Bring back hanging?

Be made to get laid by him as a punishment

"Agree with you there.

Weird thing is whenever I have posted a meet today on my couples profile the only interest we get is people who do want to meet at a later date.

I thought meet today was self explanatory!"

Probably like the look of you but can't meet that day and hoping you'll meet them when they're free? But yeah people could explain stuff so we know what's going on haha.

"They probably don't realise you can post meet today's in advance."

I think that may only be for site supporters (tho I've been one for so long it may have changed)

I post meets in advance if im going to a club or work drag me away from brum.

if I want a meet today I would post meet today

Thanks for providing such constructive input.

Needless to say none of your suggestions are plausible. I acknowledge the site resources are limited otherwise I would suggest it is policed a little better.

The point I was making was that it is somewhat frustrating when you have a search facility which is specifically intended for those looking to meet today which, for want of a better phrase, is being abused.

At the time of posting I obviously didn't realise that the use of the forum was reserved for serious issues only. Not sure where I got the impression it was at each individuals discretion what they posted. Silly me.

By *y2funMan  over a year ago

DUDLEY

"

send round the Fab police and bugger them within an inch of their life!

Needless to say none of your suggestions are plausible. I acknowledge the site resources are limited otherwise I would suggest it is policed a little better.

The point I was making was that it is somewhat frustrating when you have a search facility which is specifically intended for those looking to meet today which, for want of a better phrase, is being abused.

At the time of posting I obviously didn't realise that the use of the forum was reserved for serious issues only. Not sure where I got the impression it was at each individuals discretion what they posted. Silly me.

"

Oh I am so sorry that none of my advise was constructive. Yeh I'm taking the piss!! Glad you managed to pick up on that or not. So OP what is your suggestion to the problem??

By *yggeCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

"Agree with you there.

I thought meet today was self explanatory!"

If people message as a result of a meet today post , but can't meet until another time , then surely its one in the bag for next time . You won't need to post Next time and go through this injustice!

Yes but who is to say they will be available next time?

"Yes but who is to say they will be available next time?"

So do you not bother building up friendships on here that you may play with these people in the future or do you just see it like a click and fuck site?

By *yggeCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

"Yes but who is to say they will be available next time?"

They maybe or they not be, but your ahead if you can arrange a mutual date and hopefully fill your 'meet today' slot

"Yes but who is to say they will be available next time?

So do you not bother building up friendships on here that you may play with these people in the future or do you just see it like a click and fuck site? "

It's how I use the site, and if I was looking for a meet, and somebody who had a meet today up that fit what I wanted, I'd message and assume they were meeting

"I keep coming across people on the site listing themselves as looking to meet today I what appears to be an attempt to stoke up interest in a weekend meet, therefore meaning they have no intention of meeting today.

Maybe I'm being pedantic but it is somewhat misleading and also annoying when you then find they don't want to meet on the day.

Would appreciate thoughts?"

Could be their way of letting you down gently? Saying they can't meet today after all.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"I keep coming across people on the site listing themselves as looking to meet today I what appears to be an attempt to stoke up interest in a weekend meet, therefore meaning they have no intention of meeting today.

Would appreciate thoughts?"

. Should not make any difference as you can concentrate your efforts on those who do want to meet today. Getting a meet takes time and effort. Have you advertised yourself in meet to day .

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Could be their way of letting you down gently? Saying they can't meet today after all. "

. Those were my thoughts as well

So do you not bother building up friendships on here that you may play with these people in the future or do you just see it like a click and fuck site? "

well if you had read my profile and the link you would have your answer, there are many people who can meet at a later date but trying to find time when everyone is available it difficult at times, so when our friends can not meet we would post a meet today in the hope of shock horror a meet today and not more people who can meet at a later date, again if you had read the profile correctly and the link to the other one you would know if my partner and I fucked on a first date.

See it's not just single men who don't read profile.

Could be their way of letting you down gently? Saying they can't meet today after all. . Those were my thoughts as well "

Agreed

So do you not bother building up friendships on here that you may play with these people in the future or do you just see it like a click and fuck site?

well if you had read my profile and the link you would have your answer, there are many people who can meet at a later date but trying to find time when everyone is available it difficult at times, so when our friends can not meet we would post a meet today in the hope of shock horror a meet today and not more people who can meet at a later date, again if you had read the profile correctly and the link to the other one you would know if my partner and I fucked on a first date.

"

Why would I read the profile of someone who I am not remotely interested in meeting? Do you read the profiles of everyone who posts on the forum?? I certainly don't and don't intend to start.

Why would I read the profile of someone who I am not remotely interested in meeting? Do you read the profiles of everyone who posts on the forum?? I certainly don't and don't intend to start.

"

I certainly would if I was going to question how they used the site as all the answers are often in a profile.

The point the o.p. is making is why post a meet today when that person has no intention in meeting today, my point was why contact someone who wants to meet today and tell them you can't but you can at a later date. We have many friends but as many of them work as do we finding free time can be hard so on the rare occasion that we have time we will post a meet today in the hope someone wants a drink and chat.

Now by reading a profile all that information can be gleaned without a long and protracted explanation.

No, because this is not someone I have messaged. This is a couple who specify in their 'meet today' they are looking for weekend fun, despite the 'meet today' being listed most weekdays

Would appreciate thoughts?. Should not make any difference as you can concentrate your efforts on those who do want to meet today. Getting a meet takes time and effort. Have you advertised yourself in meet to day . "

I'n afraid this misses the point. Getting a meet does not always take time and effort. A large number of my meets are spontaneous.

"No, because this is not someone I have messaged. This is a couple who specify in their 'meet today' they are looking for weekend fun, despite the 'meet today' being listed most weekdays "

Apologies this is in response to the suggestion that the people posting simply for not want to meet me. To be clear I have not messaged the users in question

Oh I am so sorry that none of my advise was constructive. Yeh I'm taking the piss!! Glad you managed to pick up on that or not. So OP what is your suggestion to the problem??"

When a genuine point is raised, I never understand those who have nothing constructive to say but still post to either take the piss or criticise. There is enough entries on the forum where people are having a laugh. I am just a genuinely interested in whether others have come across this and their thoughts on the same

Some people are just looking for attention some want pics fabbed or some just wanna see you getting excited knowing they are not gonna meet anyone

Or might be they just don't like you and it's a excuse

Wish people would just be honest about what they want

"Some people are just looking for attention some want pics fabbed or some just wanna see you getting excited knowing they are not gonna meet anyone

Or might be they just don't like you and it's a excuse

Wish people would just be honest about what they want "

Certainly think 1st para is applicable!

» Add a new message to this topic