FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > IRISH ROOM MOD

IRISH ROOM MOD

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We were havin a discussion in the Irish room on Sunday night about needing an Irish room mod and were told to vote for it in here who we want to be mod or mods in the room so peeps if there is enough votes maybe admin will take note and give someone a * after their name.

LET THE VOTING BEGIN:

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/08/10 02:25:32]

maria for mod and i will be her side kick if she will have me

i vote maria....100 per cent 4 modette

im putting my name forward......vote muxi...vote shagging lol

Since i found out ya don't get payed i out lol.....so surely there are a few frontrunners out there i can't vote for one but i'll pick 3 usee,hippies or mickell i suppose are my 3 fair ladies!

Still relatively new on here but Irish room is full of nice folks wouldn't want that to be spoiled!!

Would definitely think Maria would do a good job as Mod she is very respectful. has given me loads of help/advice and is on almost as much as me lol

I vote for muxi has he has been on here a long time and showed us the ropes

he is genuine fella my vote goes to you muxi xxx

I think the following should be considered for MOD status:

Hippies/Maria/Usee (in chronological order )

Best of luck you'll all do a good and fair job!

Paddy xx

[Removed by poster at 16/08/10 08:58:51]

[Removed by poster at 16/08/10 09:01:50]

Thrid time lucky LOL

I have to agree folks an irish room mod is a great idea there's time's I've really miss Bass

I flattered that some of you peeps think I should be a mod but I think I might be a bit emotional for this job. My vote is for Bippy he's non judgmental, always full of useful advice and he's handsome plus would get him in the room more

Hi All,

Think a mod's a great idea, my vote if defo for hippies - totally agree with usee - she's too emotional (and would keep bumping me out so she can play alone!!!)

I think Hippies would be brilliant if she's willing - always helpful and considerate and really inclusive in everything she does, including single mails.

I'm off to do up my placard!

Maria and Hippies

Thanks for the vote of confidence USEE

Bip aka Paddy now known as Dastardly lol....Oh call me what evers easier lol

Paddy xx

"Thrid time lucky LOL

I have to agree folks an irish room mod is a great idea there's time's I've really miss Bass

I flattered that some of you peeps think I should be a mod but I think I might be a bit emotional for this job. My vote is for Bippy he's non judgmental, always full of useful advice and he's handsome plus would get him in the room more "

Am I allowed pick two?

Dastardly for mod, i think he actually knows the rules really well, is well versed and fair, although sometimes he gets forum games mixed up hahah

Hippies tooo, she's very fair and always welcomes new people, she is non-judgemental and would make a gentle leader! Only issue i have with hippies is she doesn't type in bold so sometimes i never see her haha

i miss scruffy

dastard for forums, hippies for chatroom

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

would like 2 see a mod in irish room who is from ireland north or south....but some1 whos not a newbie plz....we are 3 years a member on fabs (but dont want 2 be a mod)...but think its has 2 be some1 whos been here 3y or so

By *rishguy_WillMan  over a year ago

Newbridge

Mines a vote for Hippies !

Would be nice for you if you did have a local mod, after taking you 15 mins to find me and message me last night.

Be a lot cheaper on the old phone bill too if you had a local contact!

Good luck to all of you. xxxxx

I vote for Hippies...shes fair...shes sexy and she'll whip the bad boys and girls into shape!!!

By *onaWoman  over a year ago

drogheda

Knowing bip...or dastardly as well as I do, i think he;d make a great forum mod.

He is always one to get the forums going....keep things interesting and is a straight up, top bloke if ever there was one.

here here _ona! we love bipalicious

By *en_irelandMan  over a year ago

Drogheda

concur with what everyone else has said in relation to mods x

PMSL Den talk about sitting on the fence hahaha

Bippy for forums mod

I VOTE HIPPIES also i think she would make a good mod she is helpful and respectful to all and is a really genuine person xxx maria and mick

[Removed by poster at 16/08/10 20:35:38]

hipps is loverly

i vote richyngayna lols xxxxxxxxxxx

By *igart69Man  over a year ago

lisburn/ carryduff

tiggy wants 2 be an enforcer... he loves that sorta thing....i wanna be mod.. vote me..!!!

"tiggy wants 2 be an enforcer... he loves that sorta thing....i wanna be mod.. vote me..!!! "

This is the funniest thing I've read all day!!!! Tiggy the enforcer!!!!

Evening.

I wasn't going to post again here but decided to.

I think all nominees have virtues and characteristics that make them individuals.

I'm not even sure if this forum post will amount to an "IRISH MOD" being appointed?

But let's not forget, we are all here for the same reasons too which ever level of "swinging we take it too.

If ADMIN does decide to appoint the above well at the end of the day it will be the right choice/s!

Let's not take Users voting preferences personal, prior to the instigation of this Forum thread we where all friends, let that continue.

Paddy xxx

Can MOD's vote for themselves

"i vote richyngayna lols xxxxxxxxxxx"

"i vote richyngayna lols xxxxxxxxxxx"

ditto lol

By *weetnspicyWoman  over a year ago

DUBLIN

knowing dastardly knows his way around forums and such..i vote he gets mod..

maybe 2 is a good idea as one person cant be online 24/7 (although many of us try lol)

"Evening.

I wasn't going to post again here but decided to.

I think all nominees have virtues and characteristics that make them individuals.

I'm not even sure if this forum post will amount to an "IRISH MOD" being appointed?

But let's not forget, we are all here for the same reasons too which ever level of "swinging we take it too.

If ADMIN does decide to appoint the above well at the end of the day it will be the right choice/s!

Let's not take Users voting preferences personal, prior to the instigation of this Forum thread we where all friends, let that continue.

Paddy xxx

"

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

id like to cast my vote,have 3 favs but these two are defo for me as theyv talked with me more,lol,and just brill people

hippies and dastardley

My one worry about all this is that its only a certain few that are here voicing their opinions - the minority - not the majority. Most of the people I would talk to regular in the chat rooms dont use the forums.

My personal feeling is we carry on as we were. We have the option of blocking people we dont want to have to "listen" too in chat. There will always be personal "attacks" on people but do we really ban them all? I sit in chat and see snide iffy comments made about chatters but usually those chatters have the culprit blocked and the culprit soon gives up. Yes we do need to moderate against racist, sexist,sectarian attacks but they are rare and are dealt with by admin.

So my vote - stay as we are please. We are adults and as such should be able to moderate ourselves

that is what we want to stop happening and some people feel a mod would have more power over the room if they took on everyones opinon

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"that is what we want to stop happening and some people feel a mod would have more power over the room if they took on everyones opinon"

Is it really about "power" and "opinions" though?

I thought it was about making sure the room rules were followed and not broken by anyone!

"that is what we want to stop happening and some people feel a mod would have more power over the room if they took on everyones opinon

Is it really about "power" and "opinions" though?

I thought it was about making sure the room rules were followed and not broken by anyone! "

Exactly BB it's not so much a forum mod, they are there as and when needed.

It's a chat room mod to make sure the rules about directing, addy's, phone numbers, abuse etc are followed, not to enforce opinions and power.

Chat mods are mediators and peace keepers, not enforcers. Having a local one is to have someone who knows the people the customs. xxxx

By *icemarmotCouple  over a year ago

filthsville

in general mod's dont work - they merely institutionalise cliques and power.

much better a 'kick' function that operates when a majority of the room thinks someone is being a dick and a 'report abuse' function that sends transcripts of the room to someone who can externally judge.

These features work much better in other swingers sites who have abandoned moderators due to the abuse they lead to.

Speaking as an EX mod, I thought that the chat rooms were adequately modded already.

I never agreed with the need to have 'certain mods for certain rooms'

All rooms are governed by the same site rules, and therefore any mod is in a perfect postion to maintain / enforce those rules in whatever room they choose to visit.

That was one of the reasons I resigned because a certain few members of a certain room deemed that I should not be mopderating 'their room' because I was English.

Tayside

"much better a 'kick' function that operates when a majority of the room thinks someone is being a dick and a 'report abuse' function that sends transcripts of the room to someone who can externally judge. "

Isn't that forming its own clique though?

What happens if the person who looks at the room transcript finds that it wasn't the person "being a dick" and it was the few in the room that ganged up on them just to boot them off?

Does the bootee get to boot the booters back for them "being dicks themselves"?

Sounds silly doesn't it? But it could and would happen so best to stick with the way things are and have Mods, albeit Mods that are not just after the "power" so they can boot people for the sake of it!

The room rules are there for a reason and if anyone breaks them, then, that's when they should be booted and not because of someone elses (or a collection of) "opinions" of the person getting booted!

As always, just my opinion!

As above and the mods should not have any affinity to any particular chatroom or country.

Regardless of the mods country of origin, they are free to moderate any room and the situation should remain that way

Once we start to see nice cosy member - mod relationships - that's when we're headed for trouble (imho of course)

There seems to be a misconception here!

The rule of thumb from what I can gather is that MOD's are selected because of their impartiality and ability to address a situation having considered all views and the facts!

Yes I've been nominated and this in no way a campaign on my behalf to be selected.

I've moderated before on another site, therefore have an understanding on how the Role of Moderator works, I for one would never think of the role as a 'power trip', if I did then I'd frankly resign!

Paddy xx

sorry did not mean it to read like am not looking for a power trip but have in past seening people being abusive to others and known they have blocked them due that they get more abusive and start on others. but not a real power trip was just meant they had the means to deal with it approitped with all sides of the story taken into condiseration. but as for rules it is up to the whole room to make sure that the new or older ones know that they are enforce for the benfit of the members and private purpuses.

filthsville

Cliques are inevitable - we dont view the term as pernicious.

Cliques with power are pernicious.

No slight on the people who have been suggested (honestly no slight on them at all) but does the irish room need a mod? We've been in there a bit over the last month and it seems fine.

Tayside

"There seems to be a misconception here!

The rule of thumb from what I can gather is that MOD's are selected because of their impartiality and ability to address a situation having considered all views and the facts!

Yes I've been nominated and this in no way a campaign on my behalf to be selected.

I've moderated before on another site, therefore have an understanding on how the Role of Moderator works, I for one would never think of the role as a 'power trip', if I did then I'd frankly resign!

Paddy xx"

No misconception from me, I read it as it was written and the few comments about "power" and gathering people's "opinions" to boot people out of the Irish Chatroom led to my posts!

As for, "then I'd frankly resign!" you need to be a Mod first before you can resign from being one!

Again, just my opinion!

" but does the irish room need a mod? "

The Irish room HAS a mod, as do all the other chatrooms. They all moderated by the team that is already in place.

So why does the Irish room feel the need to have it's own exclusive moderator ?

To be honest on the odd occasion when I was modding, I checked into the Irish room from time to time, as I did with all the other rooms, but rarely, if ever found anything which needed dealing with, but be assured if anything did arise it would have been dealt with by myself or one of the other mods who were floating around at the time, so I still cannot understand the need for an exclusive Irish Mod

Hmmm...i understands what is happenin here but to be honest some people have stated that we don't need a mod which is infact very true the room never tends to be over packed like the directing room which is crowded lol,but on the other hand i've been a member here myself for a while and have seen some people singled out and then ganged up on we don't need that crap here i come on here 2 chat and have a lauf with the folks who i have made friends with,but to give the power 2 one person of course there is gonna be a jealously aspect from others who wanted it more or people who just wanna cause trouble also i've said who i think would be my choice for the job at hand and should do a good job if given but i can see its gonna cause friction if there is a position of mod given out.leave it as it is!!!not everybody is gonna be happy at the end of the day so ya can't win!But if the need arises for a mod the right people know who was mentioned and can sanction this position and keep an eye on it!?

[Removed by poster at 17/08/10 19:00:55]

But the part which I cannot understand and which no one is answering - Why does the Irish room need a specific mod when the site already provides mods who move (or should move) around from room to room.

You see from my point of view as an EX mod the problem is this:

One particular room had it's 'one of its clan' who was also a Mod. Fair enough, so that mod became 'their Mod' because they always used that room, although they were mods for all the chatrooms and not just this specific room.

One day I covered the room in the absence of 'their mod' and I banned someone and was immediately rounded on by the rest of the room because I'd banned this person. I was then told by certain members in the room, that I was 'not their mod' and should stay in the English rooms !!! I banned a few more for keeping the argument going, then I resigned primarily because of this.

Bottom line is that no room should have 'it's own mod' all the mods should monitor all rooms - in my opinion

thats very valid point and i totally see your point of view i dunno how this even started but i did answer the question that was asked as to who i'd like to see mod the irish room???it may not even happen and a genral mod over all the rooms makes sense then somebody from the emerald isle has 2 be given position of mod that uses the irish chatrooms!?!!but can mod elsewhere also

There more this goes on the more I think it's not a mod we need.....maybe we need the mods that already exsist to pop into the room more often that way we have mod presence without the "irish mod" does that make sense it's late in the day and it's been a toughie

Just to make it clear, I have no objection to seeing an Irish person being a mod, there are Welsh Scots and English Mods and I can see no reason why an Irish mod shoudln't be appointed, however it also needs be understood that should this happen, that mod does not have sole control over the Irish room - any other mod who monitors that room is equally entitled to do so and their opinions and decisions are equally as valid. This of course should apply to every room and not just Irish.

Had the people that I referred to in my earlier post not been so petty and clannish, I may well have still being doing something that I enjoyed ..

Incidently, it wasn't the Irish room - I never had any problems I there

filthsville

the fightin' scots eh?

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

"the fightin' scots eh?"

Were they d*unk

Ooooh cannot say who it was but it wasn't the Irish and it wasn't the English, so that narrows it down to 1 of 2

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

Those bloody Finns...rabble makers

Thats the ones - buggers they are

I put this post up because on sunday night some1 had came into the room abusing myself and partner when people tried to stick up for us they also were abused it took us 15 mins to find a mod and by the time they came into the room he had left, the irish room runs smooth and certain mods pop in and out and have a giggle with us im glad people are viewing their opinions this is what the forums are for

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

and there are the mods like me who talk jibberish lol

Thanks to the peeps who put my name forward but i dont wanna be a mod id prefer the likes of hippies to get it cos she been on the site a long time and nos the rules etc she is nice to every1 and a decent person

VOTE HIPPIES FOR MOD

Interesting forum post, i have opened my eyes a little! Nobody wants abuse, and i totally agree maria, its hard to get help at the time often too late and the person is back again. But the other side is that sometimes moderation can turn into stringent management (authoritarian)! I don't like feeling that when I'm having fun, tight regulations are in place (i don't mean breaking the rules blatantly)! I am not pointing fingers at any moderators on this site, just from experience of using chat sites over the last few years.

Personally, I've been made aware of a rule tonight spamming, which i had never heard of, but i will take my time tonight to read site rules properly so as to keep with the etiquette :D

happy swinging

"But the part which I cannot understand and which no one is answering - Why does the Irish room need a specific mod when the site already provides mods who move (or should move) around from room to room.

"

Im off the belief that bar a few, the users of the Irish chat room dont want their own mod and are more then happy with the status quo

Folks,

Overall some valid points have been raised maybe Mickel's post should have just been titled "IRISH MOD"

I think all the nominees including some that do alot on site that have not even expressed an interest would make great MOD's.

The current MOD team do an excellent job and I'd further like to say this is one of the reasons I enjoy "FAB" so much, the sheer lack of hassle I witness in the Chatroom's and Forums.

Anyway I've said enough but and there is a but:

BB430

Your correct, I'm not! What I meant to say was I would never even consider becoming on if that's the way I thought.

"

As for, "then I'd frankly resign!" you need to be a Mod first before you can resign from being one!

Again, just my opinion! "

REDHOTHOTCOUPLEXXX

"Just to make it clear, I have no objection to seeing an Irish person being a mod, there are Welsh Scots and English Mods and I can see no reason why an Irish mod shoudln't be appointed, however it also needs be understood that should this happen, that mod does not have sole control over the Irish room - any other mod who monitors that room is equally entitled to do so and their opinions and decisions are equally as valid. This of course should apply to every room and not just Irish.

"

I agree, as this is a site of many demographics I do beleive an Irish Mod would be welcomed in whatever Chatroom or Forum.

Thanks for listening

Paddy xx

Tayside

"

Anyway I've said enough but and there is a but:

Thanks for listening

Paddy xx "

Good campaign speech once again! Very diplomatic I must say!

Don't worry about the "buts" though as in all election campaigns the people seeking election always feel they need to "explain further" a comment they made earlier. I tend to stick to the original answer as this is usually the most honest one and doesn't need any further explanation to appeal to more people, but that's just me though!

Got to say, that the easiest way to have stopped the person in the room that was giving out the abuse (that prompted this thread to be started) would have been for everyone to have blocked them and also reported the profile if no Mod was found in time to deal with it by a ban.

Blocking them would have instantly removed the "abuse" from everyones chat window and they would have soon got fed up with no one reacting to it!

Again, I just got to say that this thread has been interesting to say the least and all that has been missing from the Election Campaigns has been folk going around kissing babies and handing out balloons with "Pick Me" on them!

I was the mod that took a while to get to the irish chat room that night, if the person who came to find me had just asked in the room instead of trying to whisper I'd have been able to respond faster, they didn't realise to whisper a mod it was username space then * however, when I did go into irish chat I was able to scroll back enough and see the things that had been said, and placed a chat ban accordingly even though the user had left the room, other users would not have seen this happen.

In all fairness it was stupid o clock in the morning when most people (and mods) are in their bed unlike this insomniac.

Yep the block button is a great tool - poof and the nonsense is removed from offended eyes

_b430

I'm not on a 'campaign' here as you easily put it but I'm perfectly within my rights to post, I respect your posts, please have the decency too respect mine and ere away from singling me out!

This thread was as I previously stated from what I believe had all the best intentions, that being an 'IRISH MOD' I could be wrong but the thread may have been a tad misleading?

There have been some great posts, both for and against:

1. Do we need and Irish Mod?

2. Why specific to Ireland?

Ect......

Why not have an Irish Mod?

Do we need Mod's based on location, I think not?

All my previous posts have stated, the Mod team do a great job.

Paddy

here here dastardly, well said x

I propose Maria or Hippies for MOD and USEE if she would of accepted.

My three initial nominees!

Paddy xx

Tayside

"_b430

I'm not on a 'campaign' here as you easily put it but I'm perfectly within my rights to post, I respect your posts, please have the decency too respect mine and ere away from singling me out!

This thread was as I previously stated from what I believe had all the best intentions, that being an 'IRISH MOD' I could be wrong but the thread may have been a tad misleading?

There have been some great posts, both for and against:

1. Do we need and Irish Mod?

2. Why specific to Ireland?

Ect......

Why not have an Irish Mod?

Do we need Mod's based on location, I think not?

All my previous posts have stated, the Mod team do a great job.

Paddy

"

I wasn't singling you out, I was answering in an open thread and have quoted others in my other answers here too, yours happened to be the last one I did that on, nothing more, nothing less!

A level headed person suitable to become a Mod would have noticed that, in my opinion anyway!

I thought the purpose of this thread was an "Election" to be the "Irish Room Mod" seeing as the OP stated "LET THE VOTING BEGIN" although I am doubtful Admin would take it as seriously as some seem to be with some of their replies on here!

If you look at one definition of campaign -

"several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal"

I think you will find that putting yourself forward as a candidate and stating why you (you meaning the others that are doing it too) would be suitable for this role is "aimed at achieving a particular goal" i.e. becoming the "Irish Room Mod"!

Once again I wasn't singling you out and wasn't stating that your "Pick Me" balloon was any bigger than any of the others that have posted their interest in becoming the "Irish Room Mod".

Once again, the above is just my own opinion!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok maybe you two could take it private now, as this is the feedback thread.

"Speaking as an EX mod, I thought that the chat rooms were adequately modded already.

I never agreed with the need to have 'certain mods for certain rooms'

All rooms are governed by the same site rules, and therefore any mod is in a perfect postion to maintain / enforce those rules in whatever room they choose to visit.

That was one of the reasons I resigned because a certain few members of a certain room deemed that I should not be mopderating 'their room' because I was English."

hell i wander all the rooms we all gotta follow the site rules whichever room were in YES lol

Well said, Rugby, I've no desire to get into a debacle!

Paddy xx

I accept everyone is entitled to their views and opinions but I for one have no desire for any more policing in my life! I come into the room for a laugh not more regulation.

I would suggest most of the visitors to the Irish Room are regulars and believe that we are more than capable of dealing with most issues. If a mod is required for the more serious issues there is generally one available in one of the other rooms.

The block button is a great tool for dealing with the children in the small hours when perhaps no mod can reasonably be expected to be around.

I am all for the status quo position and let us all play nicely peeps!

I have to agree with you BJ since this thread was started I've actually changed my mind on the whole Irish room mod thing I think the irish room is running fine and we all have the ability to block anyone who is being abusive and as you said there is generally a mod in one of the other rooms if needed unless it's stupid o'clock in the morning as someone else pointed out.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bippy but this is one job I wouldn't do if Fab paid me I have seen first hand the abuse mods have to put up with they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I log on here for a bit of a giggle and of course to find some lovely new playmates - swinging is suppose to be fun when it stops being fun and you think we are need policing maybe it's time to rethink your membership on the site. Just my two cents

As BJ said lets all just play nice

Oh just like to point out I still think Bippy would make a great forum mod and I'd like to be his whipping side kick (but that's only in the bedroom mind)

If someone is being rude block them !!!

there's always one idiot/couple ruining it for everyone else but ultimately they ruin it for themselves ,

There's a lot of genuine people here too we mustn't lose sight of that!

Anyone here

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

This is a wonderful thread with so many posters no longer on the site. Strange

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

we have two irish chat mods..

they just might not be on at the same times are you..

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"This is a wonderful thread with so many posters no longer on the site. Strange "

It is almost 8 years old this thread

By *herrybaby114Couple  over a year ago

Luton

They have been found out by the wife!!!

"This is a wonderful thread with so many posters no longer on the site. Strange "

Why strange. It's an old thread and people leave.

» Add a new message to this topic