FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Identifying Admin peeps

Identifying Admin peeps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As the title says

I note that there is now a txt marker saying OP against the, erm, OP on forum posts...good idea.

I would like to see ADMIN against admin posts to distinguish between admin and 'busybodies' lol

For example a woman posted on a thread earlier with words to the effect of 'that's out of order, play nice'

Now if she was Admin then fair enough....but if not then............erm

Anyway other forums show who are admin and it's not an issue...

Just a thought

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If it's the one I think you mean

that was one of the forum mods

"If it's the one I think you mean

that was one of the forum mods"

Ta

Yeah I thought as much tbh...but you can't tell really.....could have been anyone having a rant/whinge

Surely it's not a big secret who's admin?

Maybe it's a James/Janet Bond kinda deal

Undercover blocking

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I suppose anyone can say "play nice" if they think things are getting out of hand...

"As the title says

I note that there is now a txt marker saying OP against the, erm, OP on forum posts...good idea.

I would like to see ADMIN against admin posts to distinguish between admin and 'busybodies' lol

For example a woman posted on a thread earlier with words to the effect of 'that's out of order, play nice'

Now if she was Admin then fair enough....but if not then............erm

Anyway other forums show who are admin and it's not an issue...

Just a thought"

Why does it matter who posted something like that? Are you saying only Admin peeps can have an opinion?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think that is twisting it a bit..

I took it more as if it is a mod saying it all well and good, but they don't want told from another poster

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"I would like to see ADMIN against admin posts to distinguish between admin and 'busybodies'"
I'd have thought that "Admin's" signature would kind of give it away! And if you use the forums regularly, it's quickly apparent who the Moderators are!

Hint: You could expect to see "I'm closing this now ...." followed by "(thread closed by moderator)"

"I would like to see ADMIN against admin posts to distinguish between admin and 'busybodies'I'd have thought that "Admin's" signature would kind of give it away! And if you use the forums regularly, it's quickly apparent who the Moderators are!

Hint: You could expect to see "I'm closing this now ...." followed by "(thread closed by moderator)""

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"I suppose anyone can say "play nice" if they think things are getting out of hand... "

Things tend to go wrong very quickly especially in the non directing rooms so why not just remind anyone its a chat room, I do and it can save them getting timed out.. Connie xx (miss busybody,lol no mrs why not try a differnet room body

"As the title says

I would like to see ADMIN against admin posts to distinguish between admin and 'busybodies' "

It would be a good idea.

I've had forum bans because someone has posted something saying don't mention something or whatever and I've asked "why" only to be banned because said person was apparently a moderator , like we're meant to learn \ find out who a mod and who isn't.

It's such a simple thing to show if their a moderator which every other forum I've ever used does show... except this one

Mods have a star next to there name in chat so you know who they are maybe the same sort of thing would work in the forums

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

If the forum mod has a long username then the star will not show, they normally hiding in the off cam section, waiting to pounce..lol..

In the bi chatroom one or two of the mobs will give you a warning for small misdemeanour's ,, But if you try to direct I will remind you its non direct room..Connie x

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I suspect anyone who's spent any time on the forums will know (or soon work out!) who the forum mods are.

I don't think they should have 'MOD' next to their username for two reasons.

They also make their own contributions to threads outside of 'modding' duties so are in a way no different to you and I.

Plus - they might be a 'ROCKER' rather than a 'MOD'.

Or just off their MOD!

A

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If the forum mod has a long username then the star will not show, they normally hiding in the off cam section, waiting to pounce..lol..

In the bi chatroom one or two of the mobs will give you a warning for small misdemeanour's ,, But if you try to direct I will remind you its non direct room..Connie x"

They are talking about forum mods more than chat Everyone knows who the mods are in chat.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"As the title says

I would like to see ADMIN against admin posts to distinguish between admin and 'busybodies'

It would be a good idea.

I've had forum bans because someone has posted something saying don't mention something or whatever and I've asked "why" only to be banned because said person was apparently a moderator , like we're meant to learn \ find out who a mod and who isn't.

"

It isn't fair to comment on bans as mods wont discuss exactly what people are banned for, but what I can say is no one gets a ban for asking " why"

As you have been posting here long enough you would think you might have guessed who the mods are by now

Yep Ruby has it right (from my pov)

So why does it matter?

Well if a mod says "enough" then fair enough

If someone else says so I would reserve the right to say bugger off x

As for being on forums and knowing who the mods are...I've been on here a while and have a good idea who most are but do you really expect me to make a note of who closes threads etc??? I've got better things to do

So my idea is utter madness and crazy despite almost all other forums I'm on using this facility...lol

Ah well, never mind... Thanks for the intercouse

X

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Your idea isn't crazy and you are in the right place for Admin to see it

"I would like to see ADMIN against admin posts to distinguish between admin and 'busybodies'I'd have thought that "Admin's" signature would kind of give it away! And if you use the forums regularly, it's quickly apparent who the Moderators are!

Hint: You could expect to see "I'm closing this now ...." followed by "(thread closed by moderators)""

1. Admin signature hmmmm not seen that I'll have a look..so every admin has a special sig?

2. So newbies clearly don't count then...

3. Bit late to moderate ones responses after the thread has been closed...although your brilliant and inspiring 'hint' would be great for Mod spotters

Please can you ask less question?

Thanks,

Admin

I joke obviously, I think that fab uses admin to perform functions on their behalf. With 'outing' themselves, the danger is that they may get abuse or just a few political messages etc.

Think admin having the tag would be a good thing..

But def no to mods.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

Think there is some confusion between "Admin" and "Moderators"

We are chatroom moderators.

As such, we effectively monitor that the site rules are being followed, and take appropriate action when we notice otherwise.

Admin write the rules, and can ( and have - we are not always correct! ) make changes to what we have done.

The people that close threads in the forums are forum moderators.

Confused? You soon will be!

Can I ask a question?

why do some threads just vanish and othere are 'closed by moderator' first...

just curious x

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Can I ask a question?

just curious x"

Threads usually only disappear if the subject is something that breaks site rules.

Sometimes it looks like they have disappeared but they have just been moved to the right forum.

"Can I ask a question?

just curious x

Threads usually only disappear if the subject is something that breaks site rules.

Sometimes it looks like they have disappeared but they have just been moved to the right forum."

Shame it doesn't tell you its moved.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"As the title says

I would like to see ADMIN against admin posts to distinguish between admin and 'busybodies'

It would be a good idea.

It isn't fair to comment on bans as mods wont discuss exactly what people are banned for, but what I can say is no one gets a ban for asking " why"

As you have been posting here long enough you would think you might have guessed who the mods are by now "

Sorry ruggers, but I did a few years ago

Forum Mod

O o O oo

All I can confirm if someone wrote " why" on a post you wont be banned. If it had more than "why" on a post and the rest of it broke rules then you would probably get a ban.

If you want to dispute your ban the best place is from the contact button as the forum rules ask, as answering why people are banned isn't something Admin wants mods to do on the forum.

"All I can confirm if someone wrote " why" on a post you wont be banned. If it had more than "why" on a post and the rest of it broke rules then you would probably get a ban.

If you want to dispute your ban the best place is from the contact button as the forum rules ask, as answering why people are banned isn't something Admin wants mods to do on the forum. "

Why?

"Can I ask a question?

just curious x

Sometimes it looks like they have disappeared but they have just been moved to the right forum."

Thank you x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Why? "

Banned !!

Lol was waiting for that ruggers

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Oh dear ... play nice. Xx

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Can I ask a question?

just curious x"

The ones that vanish have really broken the site rules. The ones which say 'closed by moderator' are generally ones which have got out of hand rather than being totally against site rules. Sometimes you get a provocative OP which triggers some nastiness, the nasty posts are removed but if people don't stop being nasty the thread gets closed to stop the squabbling.

Yes it gets like a playground here sometimes...

As we understand it there are two levels of moderation on here.

In chat and forum etc you have volunteers who follow site guidelines to keep everyone in the straight and narrow in a fair manner. Either by watching in chat or responding to the report button.

Then you have admin which is effectively the owners who have the last say after all it's their site! Lol

The thing is when you want a mod in chat they may not be there so has it ever been suggested that there is a mod on line page who you can contact in emergency in the chat rooms. After all they can't be everywhere at once!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If people don't want to take advice that's fine, but maybe take note of the forum rules instead. I will paste them underneath.

http://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Disputing admin or moderator decisions

The mods and site admin are all volunteers who try and keep the site safe. If you think they've made a specific mistake (and we accept that mistakes or mis-judgements do happen), the forum isn't the place to discuss it. Please contact Admin directly and we'll review and make right. If you have general feedback on site moderation or administration, you can post it to the site feedback forum but please ensure it's constructive criticism not personal critisim.

Can we keep to the topic now please as it is the Feedback section.

» Add a new message to this topic