FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Standard introductory message and standard yes please/no thankyou message!

Standard introductory message and standard yes please/no thankyou message!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi Admin (if you ever read these)

There are constant threads from (understandably) fed up men who tell us that they spend ages coming up with original messages - only to have them deleted unread or ignored!

Whilst I inderstand their frustration - I - and other women and couples on fab - didn't ask them to message me - and certainly didn't ask for a literary masterpiece of a message!

Soooooooo - why not have a standard introductory message to be used by all - upon which we attach face and torso pics - and send to the object of our desires?

Said desirable object then opens message - looks at pics and profile - and decides whether he or she is interested!

If not interested a 'no thankyou' message is automatically sent and the sender is not permitted to message again!

If it's a yes message - then messaging commences as normal and its then up to the sender to put the wow factor into the messages!

What do we think?

I think it will save people - particularly single guys - a lot of time and frustration! Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

Totally agree!!!!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Does that not just mean that it is looks not personality women go for after all

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"...Soooooooo - why not have a standard introductory message to be used by all - upon which we attach face and torso pics - and send to the object of our desires?... "

I disagree. The suggestion assumes that we all pick our swing-friends based on their looks. I find humour, intelligence, charm etc far more important than looks when deciding who I want to play with. I prefer NOT to know what someone looks like, until they've had a chance to engage my brain first.

If this means that 95% of single males are hurt when I delete their message without a reply, that's just tough.

Other sites have the feature to send a "no thank you" reply

I think it would work well on fab too

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

Nope totally disagree, I dont want to be dictated to by anyone who I must reply to, I choose which mail that comes through my door I reply to, I choose which e mails I reply to, so why should it be any different here, the sooner people joining this site learn to understand that no one owes anyone a reply, and sending a message does not entitle you to a reply the better.

This subject has been done before, do a search on the forums but you will find it isn't going to happen.

You also won't stop people sending messages without reading profiles first

"Other sites have the feature to send a "no thank you" reply

I think it would work well on fab too "

I believe they tried it. People complained it was too impersonal and it didn't prevent anyone from sending repeat messages because as they do now, they want to know why, if they can change your mind, that they're different to everyone else,and they didn't want to fuck you anyway etc, etc...

Only if the feature comes with a secretary to reply to those messages. I don't reply to most of my messages, especially the crap and crude. This method would mean they get a nano second of my time they don't deserve. So its a no from me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've suggested a standardised 'no thanks' reply with block option. Users would block or send their own no thanks message, whilst blocking.

It's a newer suggestion than this but a combination could work.

I'm all for either of these solutions and think single male morale would improve.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

The "No Thanks" auto reply was tried on a sister site. As everyone says it would, it completely stopped the "I never get a reply" forum posts. Instead the forum was full of "How rude! I just got an autoreply" whinge posts.

The one thing that might help single guys morale is putting in more effort not less

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

There already is a standard introduction message on here

I believe it goes something like

'Fancy a fuck'

I would really dislike that.

There is the wink for the reticent and unsure.

If someone can't be bothered to write me a message then I have no interest in them. I want to see them express themselves.

If people took the time for a polite "no thanks" that would negate the need for it.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

"If people took the time for a polite "no thanks" that would negate the need for it. "

When Readers Digest send you a mail offering you a chance to sign up, do you send a polite "no thanks" back? No.

"If people took the time for a polite "no thanks" that would negate the need for it. "

If people took the time to read Q&A in here they would understand that. It is not rude not to reply it means not interested.

I admit I don't know the levels of messages that couples or female members receive, and that may have an effect on the replying ratio. But personally I try and reply to every mail I get, as long as the message was politely written and not aggressive.

"Does that not just mean that it is looks not personality women go for after all "
its a myth lol they have to be attracted in some shape or form

Heres a thought why not block single men on your account.

And or just block.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"If people took the time for a polite "no thanks" that would negate the need for it.

When Readers Digest send you a mail offering you a chance to sign up, do you send a polite "no thanks" back? No.

"

I like that

And if you can autonotify them, preventing future contact, all the better.

This type of feature aims to automate and enhance what a lot of us already, but in a currently more manual, time consuming manner. It would be great for me.

» Add a new message to this topic