FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Why can't two unverified profiles verify each other

Why can't two unverified profiles verify each other

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rish Couple Dublin OP   Couple  over a year ago

dublin 1

We had a great meet yesterday and afterwards went to post a verification on the guys page but couldn't as we weren't verified and he could not verify us either as he was the same. We don't have a cam so the only way to get verified it seems is to meet with an already verified user. It really should be easier particularly for new users.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And make it even easier for the fake profiles to verify each other??

"And make it even easier for the fake profiles to verify each other?? "
everyone who was unverified would be just doing deals to verify each other

Forum Mod

It's to prevent fakes

Everyone of us on here was in the same boat as you and we got verified,you will too

You've had a lovely meet,that's all that matters

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Not sure what the problem/big deal is here.

Tbh I am not convinced it makes too much difference..If it's about so called reliability, then I have met many verified users who a

The veri system would be pointless if you could. You had a good meet so not being verified didn't stop you and after all, we're here for meets, not veris.

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Continued...are unreliable and many unverified who are reliable..just enjoy the site/the meets and have fun.

By *rishm37Man  over a year ago

Dublin City Center

I'm Verified, I'd be into meeting people in person and if it's helpful then verify them, I was lucky enough to meet a Sweet Lady who verified me, so I know how it Feels....

I'm available on this via my inbox,

Happy Fabing

My first meet WAS with a verified couple who didn't verify me, so understand your pain!

I thought it was just me but cross checked their veri's and saw that they never seemed to verify anyone back ..

It's frustrating and can be a challenge getting that first veri as many people won't meet you if unverified, but stick at it and the veri's will come!

Good luck!

By *aytimeDTTV/TS  over a year ago

Peterborough

Just ask the next person you meet (if they are verified) to verify you

I always try and verify someone when I have meet them if they arent verified but I am also aware some men dont want women knowing they meet trannies too lol

Can be a minefield but we all have to start somewhere

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I've met someone but neither of us are verified so how can we verify each other?

One of you needs to be verified in order to verify the other person. Your best bet is for the female to get verified by another member e.g. on cam.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"We had a great meet yesterday and afterwards went to post a verification on the guys page but couldn't as we weren't verified and he could not verify us either as he was the same. We don't have a cam so the only way to get verified it seems is to meet with an already verified user. It really should be easier particularly for new users."

Meet someone who is verified then. We all had to do this at some point.

By *rish Couple Dublin OP   Couple  over a year ago

dublin 1

We are photo verified and so are they...we're genuine.

"We are photo verified and so are they...we're genuine. "

Photo verified means nothing and anybody can say they are verified. Think your question has been answered in that two unvetifieds being able to verify each other woukd actually mean the whole verification system is useless.

"We had a great meet yesterday and afterwards went to post a verification on the guys page but couldn't as we weren't verified and he could not verify us either as he was the same. We don't have a cam so the only way to get verified it seems is to meet with an already verified user. It really should be easier particularly for new users."

I will verify you later in a chat room by web cam if you send me a pm

"We had a great meet yesterday and afterwards went to post a verification on the guys page but couldn't as we weren't verified and he could not verify us either as he was the same. We don't have a cam so the only way to get verified it seems is to meet with an already verified user. It really should be easier particularly for new users.

I will verify you later in a chat room by web cam if you send me a pm "

The OP already stated they don't have a cam?

"And make it even easier for the fake profiles to verify each other?? "

Totally. This site is already over-whelmed with fakes and frauds that making it easier for them to pass themselves off as real is absurd.

Let's be honest, every new phone and laptop has a built in camera, cameras are cheap as chips, it's not too difficult to buy one, if you really wanted to.

Or just meet a verified member.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Can't we just remove Cam veris altogether?

"Can't we just remove Cam veris altogether? "

But surely in this situation they are useful?

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Can't we just remove Cam veris altogether?

But surely in this situation they are useful? "

Not if they don't have a cam!

Like the OP!

But with Asda (other supermarkets are available - and Argos!) selling them for a whole fiver and most laptops coming with them built in these days I can see the economic argument not to have one.

A

But surely in this situation they are useful? "

Useful to help fake profiles which are bad for the site. Cam veris can be faked and should be seen as worthless.

"We are photo verified and so are they...we're genuine. "

I think you are missing the point I am afraid. Your assuming your word is sufficient but it really isn't. This site would be chaotic if it run on a basis that each individual's statement they were genuine was held to mean something.

Useful to help fake profiles which are bad for the site. Cam veris can be faked and should be seen as worthless. "

I'm sure meet veris can be faked too.

Useful to help fake profiles which are bad for the site. Cam veris can be faked and should be seen as worthless.

I'm sure meet veris can be faked too."

They can be but nothing the site owners can reasonably do about that

I'm sure meet veris can be faked too.

They can be but nothing the site owners can reasonably do about that"

Which is why I take veris with a big pinch of salt. They're not the be all and end all. I prefer to make my own mind up about someone.

Absolutely, veri's are handy but not gospel; I ALWAYS get at least a girl-girl phone call in before I do ANYTHING involving real life, and I usually have a coupole of cam sessions before I'll meet too.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"We had a great meet yesterday and afterwards went to post a verification on the guys page but couldn't as we weren't verified and he could not verify us either as he was the same. We don't have a cam so the only way to get verified it seems is to meet with an already verified user. It really should be easier particularly for new users.

I don't trust webcam verifications - in person ones generally give me an impression of what the person is like/whether they are who they day the are/whether they are 'safe' to meet etc. Seeing a glimpse on cam doesn't do that.

[Removed by poster at 22/07/15 14:20:49]

I can understand where you're coming from, I'm not verified as not met anyone yet, and if anyone knows how to get my cam working on a Linux laptop I'll go on cam for someone to verify me.

I know there are some profiles that say they'll not chat or met with anyone not verified, kind of makes it hard. But fingers crossed one day it'll happen. Good things come to those who wait and all that.

That said anyone local fancy meeting for a coffee and a chat to verify that I'm genuine lol

"I can understand where you're coming from, I'm not verified as not met anyone yet, and if anyone knows how to get my cam working on a Linux laptop I'll go on cam for someone to verify me.

I know there are some profiles that say they'll not chat or met with anyone not verified, kind of makes it hard. But fingers crossed one day it'll happen. Good things come to those who wait and all that.

That said anyone local fancy meeting for a coffee and a chat to verify that I'm genuine lol "

Don't you have a phone that you can use for video

Worse comes to the worse meet a guy for a social that will verify you or go to a club

There are many options and relying on getting laid to get verified is not the way

We got our first verify at a social meet with the organiser

Was not hard to do or was it inconvenient

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"It's to prevent fakes

Everyone of us on here was in the same boat as you and we got verified,you will too

You've had a lovely meet,that's all that matters "

Agreed! On our first day of joining Fab we had offers of being verified to get us going despite not meeting or going on cam...we declined

Im genuine, verified and people say I'm polite and respectful.

Always like to receive a nice veri, boosts my confidence in meeting other people

I got a brilliant veri today - it was a funny one. So hopefully nobody takes mine seriously

I had same problem but a verification from some one met at a group meet sorted it out verifications help with fakes and also give idea as to what others are into stick with it as there are some lovely worthwhile people on here xx

"I got a brilliant veri today - it was a funny one. So hopefully nobody takes mine seriously"
well done on the staying power tho

Webcam veris should be barred all this shows is face on a cam does not prove person turns up and is nice etc.

Anyone with just cam veris I tend to ignore to me no difference to phone verifications which were rightly barred in my opinion.

I will verify you later in a chat room by web cam if you send me a pm

Webcam veris should be barred all this shows is face on a cam does not prove person turns up and is nice etc.

Anyone with just cam veris I tend to ignore to me no difference to phone verifications which were rightly barred in my opinion."

But it enables people to be verified so in this situation, 2 unverified people can meet verify each other.

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

"I got a brilliant veri today - it was a funny one. So hopefully nobody takes mine seriously"

Way to go on the edging man.

Case in point tho why not to take Veris too seriously.

One of you clearly has a smartphone so you do have a webcam.

It is frustrating from a newbies point of view. So many won't meet non verified people, and the problem is that you need to be verified to get the meet but can't get the meet to get verified in the first place

By *cMohawk_AdventureGirlCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It is frustrating from a newbies point of view. So many won't meet non verified people, and the problem is that you need to be verified to get the meet but can't get the meet to get verified in the first place "

So get photo verified! I honestly don't understand why this is so difficult for some folks.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

So get photo verified! I honestly don't understand why this is so difficult for some folks."

Some people dont count them the same as meet verifications though.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It is frustrating from a newbies point of view. So many won't meet non verified people, and the problem is that you need to be verified to get the meet but can't get the meet to get verified in the first place "

Get the person you met ( assuming it is female or a couple ) to get verified by cam in chat, then they can veri you.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Everybody that has ever joined the site started out unverified.

And yet there are many, many green ticks on profiles!

A

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Everybody that has ever joined the site started out unverified.

And yet there are many, many green ticks on profiles!"

I suspect that there are some perverts on here, arranging social meets and attending clubs!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe some people don't like social meets or clubs? Not everyone will do the same as others....there is no right way.

» Add a new message to this topic