FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > FRIEND REQUESTS

FRIEND REQUESTS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I would really like to have a ban on friend requests without the courtesy of an introductory message. It is rude and just picture perving. Why would you accept someone as a friend when you know absolutely nothing about them. I have 42 public photos on view and yet I get endless friend requests from unknown people who have no photos published public or private.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

why not just ignore the friends request page and send requests to those that you want to??

after all, the FR's are on a page that you have to go to.. its not like you get constant pop-ups and klaxons everytime you get a request..

I leave mine where they are - not deleting them, so they can't resend the request. then i don't think about it anymore - job done!!

Thanks for responding. I agree with you, it just annoyed me today as so many of them when I actually state in my profile they will be deleted! Proves they don't read the profile!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We get it all the time we just go onto the profile and block them no need to worry about deleting ever again lol

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Thanks for responding. I agree with you, it just annoyed me today as so many of them when I actually state in my profile they will be deleted! Proves they don't read the profile!"

Don't delete them, if you do then they can send another request, just leave them there and ignore them, I do.

Or wait till they are off line, accept, fab a couple of their friend only pics then unfriend..... then send them a message thanking them for allowing you to view their pics. Drives them nutty

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Or wait till they are off line, accept, fab a couple of their friend only pics then unfriend..... then send them a message thanking them for allowing you to view their pics. Drives them nutty "

Fantastic

By *ollydimplesWoman  over a year ago

hamilton

"Thanks for responding. I agree with you, it just annoyed me today as so many of them when I actually state in my profile they will be deleted! Proves they don't read the profile!

Don't delete them, if you do then they can send another request, just leave them there and ignore them, I do.

Or wait till they are off line, accept, fab a couple of their friend only pics then unfriend..... then send them a message thanking them for allowing you to view their pics. Drives them nutty "

Pmsl love that idea .. i'm defo gonna do that lol

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Thanks for responding. I agree with you, it just annoyed me today as so many of them when I actually state in my profile they will be deleted! Proves they don't read the profile!

Or wait till they are off line, accept, fab a couple of their friend only pics then unfriend..... then send them a message thanking them for allowing you to view their pics. Drives them nutty

Pmsl love that idea .. i'm defo gonna do that lol "

Will have to try that

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Or wait till they are off line, accept, fab a couple of their friend only pics then unfriend..... then send them a message thanking them for allowing you to view their pics. Drives them nutty "

Genius!

"I would really like to have a ban on friend requests without the courtesy of an introductory message. It is rude and just picture perving. Why would you accept someone as a friend when you know absolutely nothing about them. I have 42 public photos on view and yet I get endless friend requests from unknown people who have no photos published public or private.

"

you know why they do it though dont you ,it's because 90% of messages we send don't get read or replied to I appreciate a lot of guys send messages that are out of order and don't warrant a reply but a good proportion are well thought out messages based on reading your profile, so the guys that are sending the friend requests have probably tried to contact you before so now they are trying to see your pics to see if it's worth wasting more time messaging again

By *luestone90Man  over a year ago

liverpool

"I would really like to have a ban on friend requests without the courtesy of an introductory message. It is rude and just picture perving. Why would you accept someone as a friend when you know absolutely nothing about them. I have 42 public photos on view and yet I get endless friend requests from unknown people who have no photos published public or private.

you know why they do it though dont you ,it'sbecause 90% of messages we send don't get read or replied to I appreciate a lot of guys send messages that are out of order and don't warrant a reply but a good proportion are well thought out messages based on reading your profile, so the guys that are sending the friend requests have probably tried to contact you before so now they are trying to see your pics to see if it's worth wasting more time messaging again "

Couldn't have said it better myself lad!!

Very devious! I will do that just for fun but a lot of the requests come from males with NO photos! That annoys me even more.

I'm not sitting fretting about it but yesterday there were loads of requests and it just p****d me off.

Thanks everyone for all your comments x

you know why they do it though dont you ,it's because 90% of messages we send don't get read or replied to I appreciate a lot of guys send messages that are out of order and don't warrant a reply but a good proportion are well thought out messages based on reading your profile, so the guys that are sending the friend requests have probably tried to contact you before so now they are trying to see your pics to see if it's worth wasting more time messaging again "

But the ops profile says friends requests will be deleted,as do many profiles,so your argument of a well though out message after reading the profile is somewhat useless.not so well thought out I would say

you know why they do it though dont you ,it's because 90% of messages we send don't get read or replied to I appreciate a lot of guys send messages that are out of order and don't warrant a reply but a good proportion are well thought out messages based on reading your profile, so the guys that are sending the friend requests have probably tried to contact you before so now they are trying to see your pics to Isee if it's worth wasting more time messaging again

But the ops profile says friends requests will be deleted,as do many profiles,so your argument of a well though out message after reading the profile is somewhat useless.not so well thought out I would say"

look if we all did what was right and proper we wouldn't be here swingers break the rules of life ,look at it from a guy's perspective and you would understand ,I don't send friend requests ever ,if I get chatting to a woman she requests me or we aren't friends ,I'm not a pic collector ,I'm just offering up the reason why it happens

you know why they do it though dont you ,it's because 90% of messages we send don't get read or replied to I appreciate a lot of guys send messages that are out of order and don't warrant a reply but a good proportion are well thought out messages based on reading your profile, so the guys that are sending the friend requests have probably tried to contact you before so now they are trying to see your pics to Isee if it's worth wasting more time messaging again

But the ops profile says friends requests will be deleted,as do many profiles,so your argument of a well though out message after reading the profile is somewhat useless.not so well thought out I would saylook if we all did what was right and proper we wouldn't be here swingers break the rules of life ,look at it from a guy's perspective and you would understand ,I don't send friend requests ever ,if I get chatting to a woman she requests me or we aren't friends ,I'm not a pic collector ,I'm just offering up the reason why it happens "

well that's ok then

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

We have the same problem - almost always from guys who haven't even looked at the top few lines of our profile, let alone read the rest of it. All we ask for is for people not to contact us if we're clearly not compatible with each other. That's not too much to ask but we still get plenty of guys claiming to have read it but who turn out to be nothing like what we've said we're looking for. We feel sorry for the decent guys around here - and yes there are some - they suffer because despite setting out what they are/aren't looking for, females and couples tend to get deluged with crass messages, cock shots and unsolicited friends requests winks and pop up pms from people they will clearly have no interest in. Anyway for those guys who take the time to write a proper message I can only say that whenever we get one from someone who's read and understood what we're looking for and offering, we make every effort to reply and yes we do meet...

Thanks for responding. I agree that it is a shame for the genuine, respectful men who do read the profiles. I am genuine too and I do meet ( I had a meet last night!) but I get sick of these constant, random friend requests, most especially the ones with no pics at all on their own profile.

We so must try this lol

"Thanks for responding. I agree that it is a shame for the genuine, respectful men who do read the profiles. I am genuine too and I do meet ( I had a meet last night!) but I get sick of these constant, random friend requests, most especially the ones with no pics at all on their own profile."
I never send friend requests and I'm nice too ,hope meet went well

By *onkey14Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

where is the friends request button? very difficult to access

"where is the friends request button? very difficult to access "

If you are on the mobile app, click on a profile, then menu and you will see the option there.

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Hardly rude is it. Its chancing your luck. If it isnt considered rude to not reply after readi g a message then why would it be considered rude to request something that is set up so as can be denied or accepted?

"Hardly rude is it. Its chancing your luck. If it isnt considered rude to not reply after readi g a message then why would it be considered rude to request something that is set up so as can be denied or accepted?"

It's rude if your profile says not to send, like ours does. Rude and disrespectful

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Brilliant! I'm going to do this!!

"Hardly rude is it. Its chancing your luck. If it isnt considered rude to not reply after readi g a message then why would it be considered rude to request something that is set up so as can be denied or accepted?"

"why not just ignore the friends request page and send requests to those that you want to??

after all, the FR's are on a page that you have to go to.. its not like you get constant pop-ups and klaxons everytime you get a request..

I leave mine where they are - not deleting them, so they can't resend the request. then i don't think about it anymore - job done!! "

This

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"Hardly rude is it. Its chancing your luck. If it isnt considered rude to not reply after readi g a message then why would it be considered rude to request something that is set up so as can be denied or accepted?

It's rude if your profile says not to send, like ours does. Rude and disrespectful "

Na. Still not rude. They probably didnt read your profile...which also isnt rude.

"Hardly rude is it. Its chancing your luck. If it isnt considered rude to not reply after readi g a message then why would it be considered rude to request something that is set up so as can be denied or accepted?

It's rude if your profile says not to send, like ours does. Rude and disrespectful

Na. Still not rude. They probably didnt read your profile...which also isnt rude."

In your opinion, which, we don't care much for.

We will continue to block those that send friend invites whom we haven't met.

Folks seem to get uptight about it which I don't quite get but hey...

Or use the power of ‘No’ by denying them to people you do not know. Seems simple enough.

"

Wish I had this problem. No one ever sends me a friend request billy no mates....But I do agree its rude to send them 'ad hoc'. Maybe you should only be able to send requests to people who have replied to you at least once!

"why not just ignore the friends request page and send requests to those that you want to??

I leave mine where they are - not deleting them, so they can't resend the request. then i don't think about it anymore - job done!!

This "

They can resend them unfortunately after an amount of time has passed.

I've posted a few times about it on the site feedback section.

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

Unfortunately it's really easy to send them accidentally when you're using a small touch screen... It'd be more useful if there was an 'are you sure you want to send' level of protection...

"Unfortunately it's really easy to send them accidentally when you're using a small touch screen... It'd be more useful if there was an 'are you sure you want to send' level of protection... "

Nonsense

When using the mobile site, as you are now, you have to go into the drop down menu to find the button to send a friend invite.

In the desktop site, yes I agree, but not on the mobile site

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"Unfortunately it's really easy to send them accidentally when you're using a small touch screen... It'd be more useful if there was an 'are you sure you want to send' level of protection...

Nonsense

When using the mobile site, as you are now, you have to go into the drop down menu to find the button to send a friend invite.

In the desktop site, yes I agree, but not on the mobile site "

You're assuming quite a lot there

By *oober698Man  over a year ago

Lincoln

I dont have an issue! Not one friend request, lol. Joking aside I can understand why people don't like it. The sites full of chancers and pic hunters. Those genuine get thrown in to that category as in my case a single guy, which makes things even harder to fit in. Its all simple, read a profile and respect others wishes.

By *exnPaul17Couple  over a year ago

Poole

We do this too. Hilarious

"Unfortunately it's really easy to send them accidentally when you're using a small touch screen... It'd be more useful if there was an 'are you sure you want to send' level of protection... "

More times than I care to remember I have gone to add someone to our hotlist and cringed as the words “Your friend invite has been sent “ pop up

Easily done!

Miss V

"Unfortunately it's really easy to send them accidentally when you're using a small touch screen... It'd be more useful if there was an 'are you sure you want to send' level of protection...

More times than I care to remember I have gone to add someone to our hotlist and cringed as the words “Your friend invite has been sent “ pop up

Easily done!

Miss V"

On the mobile site, you have to pull down a tab to find the send friend invite button

The hotlist button is at the top of the screen, nothing to pull down.

And you can see if someone uses the mobile site as the icon shows beside the user name

» Add a new message to this topic