FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Premium Text Number 2

Premium Text Number 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Admin closed the original thread, but has any member followed up on he information they ave?

It seems to me that somebody has managed through some means to get hold of a list of numbers of members renewing membership via text services.

As the texts were sent to a company acting for fabswingers and not fabswingers themselves. Then our phone numbers can only have been intercepted by somebody working for that company and passed on to the ad company.

Its no good them saying they haven't done it, they haven't but maybe one of their employees has (for monetary gain?)

What is clear is that it did affect many members here, not just one or two so what action to support people whose phone numbers have been illegally gained have they offered? I think the answer is none, clearly unacceptable. Admins here should be pressing them for more support not just tell us to complain to the ombudsman.

So how many members are affected and just how many contacted the ombudsman to complain?

Has anyone had a response?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

It was only 3 days ago and at Christmas time too so to expect the Ombudsman to have replied by now is maybe a wee bit premature; damn, a bloke should try not to use the word "premature" on a swinging site!

I was one of the ones who got the text the same night as others did on here but it wasn't a big prolem to just delete the message and not to reply to it. Replying to it is what starts off the charging to your mobile, you don't get charged for just receiving the first text.

In all fairness, Admin did look into it quickly and posted their reply as soon as they had it from the company concerned.

As always, just my own wee opinion!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I received one of these messages too and deleted it, then I received the same one again and then again so I text back STOP as requested to opt out, I then received the very same message again! maybe about 6 times in all...if when I get my mobile phone bill in and find I have been charged for this, I will not be a happy bunny!!

Ok guys, admin too!...have just contacted my mobile phone billing...and lo and behold I have been charged for replying STOP to this premium rate text service!...they kept texting as I did not reply STOP in exactly the way they asked, ie, I sent stop, in lower case and should have been upper, having never been involved in these text scams before I did not know! Good news is, my phone company have deducted charges from my bill as I have been a long and loyal customer for many years and they have blocked texts from premium rate numbers being received on my phone. Wondering now if I will still be able to renew my site supporter when it is due?

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Hmm. Dunno how I made a mistake like this! As I said in my original post and then the one I began this topic with. I do not blame admin, it was out of there control.

I posted this because it seemed a lot longer than 3-4 days ago, for some reason I had got it into my head it had been early on the week before last.

I'm not blaming admin either...I don't think for a minute numbers would be given out knowingly, just want them to be aware of what has happened.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've heard about people who aren't on Fab who have received this spam text, and most folks on Fab who have upgraded haven't received it; our current hypothesis is that this has been sent out on a large scale and is completely unrelated to upgrades on here.

That said, we're also persuing the matter behind the scenes to satisfy ourselves beyond doubt that this is the case. We want everyone to have 100% trust in all our payment upgrade options.

If you have received unwanted/unsolicited texts, our last message on the thread below shows how to proceed.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/43591

As well as contacting the premium upgrade people on the web address we give you can also contact your network to complain.

Admin x

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

i have just see this thread

and it struck me it could not be due to this site

as i had to contact my mothers phone provider to stop the very same thing for her,

as she is 87 i very much doute she is a site suporter on here

to me it looks like a random number scam with computer generated no.s being sent out

» Add a new message to this topic