FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > 'Local Updates' not fit for purpose.

'Local Updates' not fit for purpose.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it only me, or do others also find the "Local Updates" list to be useless as regards compatibility ?

It's supposed to reflect one's listed requirements; but e.g. - I'm a non-smoker who "won't meet smokers", yet the Local Updates contain .. yes, .. smokers ! Or, I'm 60, but a lot of the list are people who lock out anyone of my age (e.g. "40-55 ONLY". And I cannot accommodate, but the list contains people who also can't accommodate, so that's no good.

In other words, there is very little about the list which reflects what I'm looking for or who want my characteristics.

I feel it needs to be better programmed.

Do you likewise find Local Updates unhelpful ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I don't have them but isn't that what the search options are for?

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I see it as some updates from locals.

I don't see it as a pre-filtered list that replaces searching.

I don't apply an expectation of purpose.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Local updates is just that - people local to you updating. It lets you know when they have joined, added pics, got verified etc etc. Its up to you to do a search to get the ones more to your taste.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I see it as some updates from locals.

I don't apply an expectation of purpose."

I agree

"Local updates is just that - people local to you updating. It lets you know when they have joined, added pics, got verified etc etc. Its up to you to do a search to get the ones more to your taste."

"I see it as some updates from locals.

I don't apply an expectation of purpose."

---

As for Location, yes, I agree. But it also claims to reflect one's "account preferences", - thus:

"Local Updates

Recent updates by local people who match your account preferences and location data."

But the account preferences, (looking for which gender(s), age-range, want smoker/non-smoker; and my own travel/accommodate status), are not being taken into account at all.

Why does it claim to do this but fails to ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Use the search options and look yourself. Done

"Use the search options and look yourself. Done "

Well, they might as well remove the Local Updates function altogether, if that's how much use it is to site users !

"Use the search options and look yourself. Done

Well, they might as well remove the Local Updates function altogether, if that's how much use it is to site users !"

No, I just see local updates as what's happening locally, flavour for what's going on in the area and if I want to look for something specific I do.

Like a shop, I don't get annoyed because they don't only display what I want, I actually go around the shop and have a bit of a look.

If you can't be arsed looking for yourself when it comes to expecting someone to share the most intimate thing they can with you, then that's a pretty shite state of affairs really.

Just look and don't be lazy.

I'd like the search function, and if people are looking for me, to get rid of people who can't accommodate.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"Use the search options and look yourself. Done

Well, they might as well remove the Local Updates function altogether, if that's how much use it is to site users !

No, I just see local updates as what's happening locally, flavour for what's going on in the area and if I want to look for something specific I do.

Like a shop, I don't get annoyed because they don't only display what I want, I actually go around the shop and have a bit of a look.

If you can't be arsed looking for yourself when it comes to expecting someone to share the most intimate thing they can with you, then that's a pretty shite state of affairs really.

Just look and don't be lazy. "

Spot on

» Add a new message to this topic