FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > cut and paste messages

cut and paste messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would one way to stop this just to have the message field not allow a right click function? I know certain chat sites seem to manage this fairly well and it would force the trolls to actually type!

Alternatively run a software application for all messages that works like academic submissions software, if it has seem too much of the text before it assumes plagiarism and highlights it or deletes it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lwaysdiscreetMan  over a year ago

Ashford Kent and Dartford

One way to stop copy and paste is to get people to reply to there messages.

When people put the time in to writing something nice to someone to see it just deleted.

No wonder people just go for the easy way out and copy and paste.

So your never going to stop it.

Because I do believe manners don't cost anything

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I sometimes use cut and paste when its face pic friday..

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

thanks for your comment however replying/or not to messages is an eternal gripe in other forums.

Also, having been here before as part of a couple, very active on scene and with a much younger (and prettier) partner the sheer volume of messages from single guys (yes we did meet a few) is horrendous.

What the site needs ideally is a technological solution at the user interface or software that can 'read' the messages and filter accordingly

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"One way to stop copy and paste is to get people to reply to there messages. When people put the time in to writing something nice to someone to see it just deleted. No wonder people just go for the easy way out and copy and paste. So your never going to stop it. Because I do believe manners don't cost anything "

Chicken and egg. So your solution is to force people to reply to messages? When would the ladies/couples find time to actually meet????

From the FAQ's on this site:

"Q. There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

A. It's not rude not to reply. Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?"

And would you really prefer to have an inbox full of 'thanks but no thanks' messages, rather than an empty inbox? Then YOU would have to wade through dross, in the hope of getting one message that was of interest to you.

Forcing people to reply to messages is not the answer.

Being honest I'd rather have the no thanks mail as then I know it just not been bulk deleted but that just my view

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I get anywhere between 50 and 100 messages a day. I do try to answer all of them but sometimes I just get swamped and mass delete. God knows how many messages single females get. Must be impossible if they have no filters on.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

we don't mind cut and paste messages (as long as they remember to change the name ).

If the message is well thought out why waste it by using it only once, an individual connection can be established if we decide to respond positively

I have had a few cut and paste messages where they refer to me as "yous" and "both" etc which obviously means they havent changed it from sending to the couples so if they cant take the time to change that then why should i take the time to reply? Not keen on copy and paste messages

By *exycouplemmmmCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

"One way to stop copy and paste is to get people to reply to there messages.

When people put the time in to writing something nice to someone to see it just deleted.

No wonder people just go for the easy way out and copy and paste.

So your never going to stop it.

Because I do believe manners don't cost anything "

I think it's the cost of TIME. Life is way too short to answer multiple messages and if you do reply to say no thank you, typically the guy then sees this as a green light to engage in conversation. So I will go the 'rude' route everytime. Harsh but true

By *requent_FerryersCouple  over a year ago

Norwich to Great Yarmouth

We use "Cut and Paste" for many of the "self introduction" replies we send, also for the "Thanks, but no thanks" responses.

It saves time, spelling and grammar is somewhat correct and, to be very honest, we would never be able to answer all the messages we receive (which means we would probably delete many without replying)!

We also use "Cut & Paste" in our working lives for the many documents and electronic messages that have to be produced. I am sure many others do the same.

So, we cannot see any benefits that would be available if we are forced to having to rewrite every contact message... Surely the OP can see that?

By *ikeC2012Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

How does the recipient know if its cut and paste or written from scratch?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"How does the recipient know if its cut and paste or written from scratch?"

sometimes they forget to change the name, sometimes they message you more than once and its exactly the same message. I think a cut and paste message is a good idea if you're sending out lots.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I'm not a fan of 'cut and paste' messages. They are easy to spot - usually because they do not make any reference to the profile of the person they are sent to. Sure, there are some vital statistics that can be copied into every message, but surely there could at least be a 'top and tail' which explains why the sender has chosen to contact the recipient?

(no jokes about top and tail please )

» Add a new message to this topic