FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Timewasters

Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do others get frustrated by all the timewasters and how to deal with them. I keep leaving but always get drawn back.

It's easy just to block them but that then doesn't warn others. I thought it would be a good thread in the forum to expose them but then i thought people who get cheesed off when they don't get responses might just include them. (Even though they don't deserve a response).

What's others thoughts on this? X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

Me thinks the mods might be arming a few tomahawk and cruise missiles right now

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's often put forward as a solution but if I took it into my head to name you as a time waster quoting fictitious circumstances it would be your word against mine and there wouldn't be a darn thing you could do about it, except name me as a time waster...and so it would continue.

I think that we all encounter people who waste our time one way or another but it must be very annoying to get a no show so I sympathise.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is without doubt very frustrating - but its near impossible to have a forum - "like/unlike" button as it would be open to abuse and unfair use

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"Do others get frustrated by all the timewasters and how to deal with them. I keep leaving but always get drawn back.

It's easy just to block them but that then doesn't warn others. I thought it would be a good thread in the forum to expose them but then i thought people who get cheesed off when they don't get responses might just include them. (Even though they don't deserve a response).

What's others thoughts on this? X"

The site has a way of dealing with this. If someone arranges a meet and doesn't show up (without cancelling beforehand), then they are a time-waster. Report the profile using the 'arranged meet and didn't show up' option.

If you have a different definition of time-waster, then just use your block button. The site owners have previously said that there will NEVER be a name-and-shame facility, as it would be open to abuse.

Personally, in four years, I have NEVER had a timewaster, so I really don't need you to "warn" me about them.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

1st off - What do you class as a timewaster?

IMO a time waster is someone who makes arrangements but doesn't turn up or cancel. Nothing else counts.

"1st off - What do you class as a timewaster?

IMO a time waster is someone who makes arrangements but doesn't turn up or cancel. Nothing else counts."

Exactly this.

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Was the timewaster in question someone who exchanged a couple of messages then decided they didn't like you after all?

Yeah...see.

That's not timewasting at all.

That's just using time to evaluate the prospects.

That's what that is.

IMO a time waster is someone who makes arrangements but doesn't turn up or cancel. Nothing else counts.

Exactly this."

Absolutely agree. I only class timewasters as people who say they're going to turn up but then don't.

"Was the timewaster in question someone who exchanged a couple of messages then decided they didn't like you after all?

Yeah...see.

That's what that is."

No that's okay people can make whatever decisions they want I'm not arrogant to think everyone should like me. God I'm far away from that. Timewasters I class as those who say they will meet, arrange a time and place but then they don't turn up.

By *van ArdenMan  over a year ago

Coleford, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

I agree with your comments Mansfield fun,

I think timewasters are also the people who don't read the profile and message anyway ie with the meet now messages people get and the profile may say the couple can't meet as they have kids.

Or the ones that you chat to and then they try getting over your personal boundaries such as a woman will only do club meets and the man tries to get her to come round to his house.

queen of tarts spot on, . u get idiots who mail and are nothing like ur profile states, but time wasters are those agree to meet and don't show, scared or wankers who knows lol

dover

Exactly this.

Absolutely agree. I only class timewasters as people who say they're going to turn up but then don't. "

Well if you've now decided to agree that is the definition of a timewaster then you simply report them and that's it.

I think it's much clearer if those are called "no shows "

"Was the timewaster in question someone who exchanged a couple of messages then decided they didn't like you after all?

Yeah...see.

That's what that is."

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

If you have real issues with no shows ,then you need to review your vetting process .

I always text the night before or on the day confirming details .If I hear nowt back I don't even leave the house ,no wasted time,make up or petrol !

It's down to the individual to put in place what ever process works for them to out the dreamers .Due diligence works !

dover

"Do others get frustrated by all the timewasters and how to deal with them. I keep leaving but always get drawn back.

I cannot see any benefit in blocking a no-show. If they haven't turned up, you might want to get a message from them explaining why....

IMO a time waster is someone who makes arrangements but doesn't turn up or cancel. Nothing else counts."

Exactly this

By *eliciouslyNastyMan  over a year ago

London

Exactly this "

Yes, totally...

I was supposed to be joining a meet yesterday but 'real life' events prevented me. I sent advance warning that I couldn't make it. I'm sure I wasn't missed (there were other men intending to entertain her). I hope that doesn't make me a 'time waster'. Sometimes there are genuine reasons for a change in plans.

"I was supposed to be joining a meet yesterday but 'real life' events prevented me. I sent advance warning that I couldn't make it. I'm sure I wasn't missed (there were other men intending to entertain her). I hope that doesn't make me a 'time waster'. Sometimes there are genuine reasons for a change in plans."

Of course it doesn't

"I was supposed to be joining a meet yesterday but 'real life' events prevented me. I sent advance warning that I couldn't make it. I'm sure I wasn't missed (there were other men intending to entertain her). I hope that doesn't make me a 'time waster'. Sometimes there are genuine reasons for a change in plans."

Sadly albeit perhaps not wrongly, you maybe classed as a timewaster by those who you were due to meet.

I am not saying it is right but I guess it is hard for the person you were supposed to meet to determine who is genuine and who isnt

I think fabs should make everyone pay the £5 for 50 days.. That way all the fakes wouldnt bother paying... All serious people would pay

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I think fabs should make everyone pay the £5 for 50 days.. That way all the fakes wouldnt bother paying... All serious people would pay"

It is only a fiver hardly gonna break the bank now is it ??

By *hoenixmanMan  over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

"I think fabs should make everyone pay the £5 for 50 days.. That way all the fakes wouldnt bother paying... All serious people would pay"

... and so would a 'faker' with five quid to spare....

dover

Carefully rereading the OP it seems clear that his definition of timewasters includes those who don't reply to messages.

They're not timewasters.

Carefully rereading the OP it seems clear that his definition of timewasters includes those who don't reply to messages.

They're not timewasters."

Exactly, they've done the complete opposite and not wasted your time!

They're not timewasters.

Exactly, they've done the complete opposite and not wasted your time!"

Apologies if my initial comment was ambiguous but a later comment is very clear that I only class time wasters as those that don't turn up after making arrangements. The point I was trying to make about people not replying is the complete opposite. I don't class them as timewasters I was trying to make the point that some people probably do and would therefore just abuse any system for highlighting time wasters. Hope this is clearer. Xx

» Add a new message to this topic