FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Include poster ID in quotes

Include poster ID in quotes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Following the aggro earlier this evening, when peeps mis-interpreted quotes and thought posts were directed at them etc., could we please include the posters' IDs in quotes, so as to minimise the risk of mis-interpretation in future?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

Having been on other forums where when quoting the members ID is automatically included I have to agree with Pearl it would make it a lot easier to see who said what and to whom. I don't know how easy it would be to incorporate into the current forum software, if it could then it would help stop a lot of miss understandings. If not then maybe we as users should make it clear who we are quoting.

EG.

Pearl said

"Following the aggro earlier this evening, when peeps mis-interpreted quotes and thought posts were directed at them etc., could we please include the posters' IDs in quotes, so as to minimise the risk of mis-interpretation in future? "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As pearl said:

"Following the aggro earlier this evening, when peeps mis-interpreted quotes and thought posts were directed at them etc., could we please include the posters' IDs in quotes, so as to minimise the risk of mis-interpretation in future? "

LOL, I've just discovered that we can type ABOVE the quote, as well as below it. And presumably IN BETWEEN it as well, using the square brackets with quote & /quote commands.

Very useful, as an interim measure. But I do agree that an automatic User ID would be helpful.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

While we are on quotes, could we please limit the number of quotes within quotes, so that it is easier to read?

» Add a new message to this topic