FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > newbie restrictions.

newbie restrictions.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There's been a spate of fake pop ups...a sudden arrival of group of guys and all managed to get verifications in a matter of minutes...some multiple veris at that....but what has concerned me more is hear the numerous abuse and stalking that is currently happening .

I've suggested this before and heard reasons why it shouldn't be done....but I'm raising it again because I can and secondly more importantly I think it's a way forward to help reduce the grief that stalkers and new abusers go about their activities.

Can it be considered that newbies have a full week where they cannot message or wink etc anyone until after the 7 days. It's in place for forums, so why not put in place for messages and winks. This could help stem the flow of delete and reappear fakes and abusers. If they had to wait a week then many wouldn't bother.

Any constructive thoughts on this would be appreciated. ..especially from those who have been on the recieving end.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *indaCD7TV/TS  over a year ago

Lincoln

at least its a good idea, the amounts of times I get abuse from newbie and then they cancel their profile sickens me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I use my filters so that newbies and unverified users cannot contact me, this has always worked well enough for me

"I use my filters so that newbies and unverified users cannot contact me, this has always worked well enough for me "

That's very true....However it doesn't stop trolleys and those coming on to cause trouble doing what they're doing. I'm just trying to think of ways of taking the sting out of it and reducing the pests. They can still cause trouble for you through friends etc even if you've filters on. It's happening now unfortunately.

Friends could block newbies aswell then

if newbies can't do anything on this site then they'd just leave, the genuine ones as well as the dickheads.

I don't think they would.... genuine ones would stay....why? Because they are genuine and are not there to pop in and out and cause trouble.

.. its the pop in pop out dick heads that wouldn't as it would stop their behaviour pattern.

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

I agree with Affectionate Bitch, I wouldn't have stayed when I first Joined if that was the case and I genuinely do meet when I'm free too and I regularly contribute to the forums (in fact having to wait a week to do that miffed me off) and I upgrade to site supporter status. If this rule was in place as a newbie I'd have just used another site even if it meant paying was compulsory to use it

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

Bit of a 'sledgehammer to crack a nut'. The filters are already there, which people who are suffering from regular stalkers and abusers can use to stop newbies and unverified profiles from contacting them.

To ban ALL newbies from sending messages, etc would be overkill, as the stalkers and abusers are only a tiny proportion of the profiles. And any abuse should be reported, which would lead to problem profiles being suspended.

I'm sure Admin have a good grip on the scale of the problem, as in addition to reports of any abuse, Admin will have stats on what proportion of members use the newbie filter.

Ok.... no change rules on fab again lol. You were speaking as a regular user...so I think I understand the frustration of not being able to get involved when banned. As a newbie your thinking may be slightly different I think...more accepting of conditions. Anyway it's a thought. The filters don't work against stalkers...the only thing it does it cause undue restrictions to those being Starked or harrassed...the offender is restricted. ..they get removed and return the next day and start it all again.

"I don't think they would.... genuine ones would stay....why? Because they are genuine and are not there to pop in and out and cause trouble.

.. its the pop in pop out dick heads that wouldn't as it would stop their behaviour pattern.

"

there's loads of sites on the internet, people would just go and sign up to the sites they can use.

this site is only so popular with singles because other sites charge a fee for messaging privileges. so if this sites also had no messaging then people would go look elsewhere. i think so anyway.

my 2nd account i couldn't use the forums for a week and i was looking for other sites. still looking tbh.

By *unlinguyMan  over a year ago

South Dublin

"if newbies can't do anything on this site then they'd just leave, the genuine ones as well as the dickheads."

Exactly.. thats just getting others to do the veri for you and then you will chat to them etc..

Doncaster

"Ok.... no change rules on fab again lol. You were speaking as a regular user...so I think I understand the frustration of not being able to get involved when banned. As a newbie your thinking may be slightly different I think...more accepting of conditions. Anyway it's a thought. The filters don't work against stalkers...the only thing it does it cause undue restrictions to those being Starked or harrassed...the offender is restricted. ..they get removed and return the next day and start it all again."

Ignore them for long enough they soon get bored and stop nothing you

Most people are opposed to change so didn't expect anything else tbh...but it was just a suggestion...thought it might developed some creative ideas.

Bath water all emptied now, where did the baby go...

Next?

Doncaster

Some people are opposed to change

Some people suggest things because it suits their means better than others

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Most people are opposed to change so didn't expect anything else tbh.."

Or they could just think your idea isn't a good one ( I have no view one way or the ither )

You are in the right place for a suggestion anyway although Admin have said before they have a few things in place to help newbies that should help them

the site gives the option to block newbies, they know that some newbies are what yu suggest in the OP.

blocking newbies from doing anything on here is pointless. people don't sign up to sites to wait a week to use them.

nothing to do with being opposed to change, you do't make sense in blocking people from using a site.

Why are the restricted on forums? That I don't understand. ..its a public place...or is it because they as newbie could get eaten alive by the carnivorous ones and then leave?

"Why are the restricted on forums? That I don't understand. ..its a public place...or is it because they as newbie could get eaten alive by the carnivorous ones and then leave?"

spammers probably. most forums ban or restrict new users there.