FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Mod search??

Mod search??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ilk and Steel OP   Couple  over a year ago

near the fife coast

After spending many a night in the userplane chatrooms I again found myself having to look for a mod to stop the directing in non directing rooms.

I know we can block and report but I was wondering if we could have a scrolling room list or scrolling list of the mods names at the bottom of the screen, or on the main chat page.

For ease of finding a mod or knowing if there are any online and chatting at that time.

Something maybe like click here for so and so mod, or, mod in such and such room click here to enter.

Often when there is directing going on (or encouraging) by the time a mod is found the person or persons have gotten abusive and left, or went on to another room.

I do understand that mods have lives and wont always be online but sometimes and instant ban (which mods do) is what is needed to show they are breaking the rules, as reporting means admin will look when they are online, not always instantly, and the directing will continue, even after people say they have reported or tell them not to direct.

This is in no way a dig at the mods since I know when I have asked for help from any of the chat mods they are always quick to help and ban if it is needed.

Shona

x x x

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh my bloody God, not another thread about directing in non directing rooms and mods or lack of mods or contacting mods......

Suppose it does make a change from 'Thanks but no thanks' threads though.

Just block them - problem solved, end of !!

i know its hard sometimes but if you report an abusive member and put the room and time the abuse went on, ADMIN can read the room and if they feel necessary they can issue bans. report and block button is ever so good.

To the OP. It is obviously a growing problem as there are several posts being raised about it now and it is an issue for some! Try being in new Scottish chat when there are 80, 90, 100 plus users chatting and try to do as is always suggested "block and report" the directors and the encouragers....it's not an easy task and for me personally, it totally spoils my time spent the room and is even more annoying considering there are 4 directing rooms available already.

Well all I can say is that when I was a Mod, I jumped on them like a ton of shite, not just the directors but anyone who broke the rules. They got a warning first off then they got banned if they continued, simple as that. I was fair but I also put up with no shit and guess what ??

I got a bad name for it, so can you now realise why the mods are maybe a little 'softly softly' ?

Either way they can't fucking win, that's a major part of the reason I resigned. Too soft and you get accused of not doing your job, too hard and you a called from a pig to a dog and you get a reprimand from Admin, so there you have it - put yourself in a Mod's shoes and which ever way you cut it, they are fucked good and proper and can never ever win ....

I have never criticised any mods or made any comment about them in any one of the many posts about directing in non directing rooms. In fact I have clearly stated, I am aware mods have a life outside Fab and cannot be everywhere at all times. I am merely stating, it is a fast growing problem that needs addressing as it is spoling many members fun in chat rooms. At the end of the day Mods volunteer to become mods, and yes, I agree it must be difficult for you but you do put yourselves forward to become one but that does not mean you should receive abuse...and I am sure you do get some stick, I however am NOT one who dishes it. I am simply contributing to a thread I feel strongly about!

I don't recall saying, or even implying that you had commented on any of the mods, but if this is an increasing problem then it must be due to something ...

Either there ain't enough mods to cover the rooms or the mods ain't doing their jobs properly - it must be one or the other ?

Or are people becoming a lot more picky in what they expect from a free site and are becoming increasingly less able to fend for themselves ?

And no, we didn't ask to be mods .... we were ASKED, and accepted, then RESIGNED

....and I was referring to the many comments made about ear bashing the mods and was just clearing things up, that I am not one of them. In fact, I am not criticising anyone other than the folks blatantly breaking the site rules!

Wht do you need to end each post with a '!' ?

Comes over as being so agressive

By *teel and silkCouple  over a year ago

middle of fife

What is wanted is the ability to be able to find a mod if one is on. The new rooms you cannot view who is in them for example without going in them.

The problem is lots of people who direct dont realise they are breaking the rules if not banned at the time. Some wont notice at all as admin ban when they get a chance (they are busy) but the perpitrators feel they have got away with it.

Where as an instant ban lets them know they are in trouble.

As for block and report that would help if the numbers werent limited in the new rooms to 200 I think admin feel free to correct if I am wrong. So block and report is less worth while isnt it????

There can be 20 or 30 directors a night how quickly would that fill up?? And how many does it scare from coming in the rooms in the first place???

And bob we all know why your star is gone and I dont thinks its appropriate to comment on that in the forums.

Aggressive? me? not at all.....you seem to be reading things that are clearly not there, so will leave you to your own opinion, have fun!

"

And bob we all know why your star is gone and I dont thinks its appropriate to comment on that in the forums."

Oh really ?? Sorry Shona, but being a member of the site I think it is appropriate to comment on whatever I choose provided it doesn't break the rules .......

Sorry, but that's how it is, like it or not ....

middle of fife

Sorry but not shona and how did your star go bob????

"

And bob we all know why your star is gone and I dont thinks its appropriate to comment on that in the forums.

Oh really ?? Sorry Shona, but being a member of the site I think it is appropriate to comment on whatever I choose provided it doesn't break the rules .......

Sorry, but that's how it is, like it or not ...."

"Sorry but not shona and how did your star go bob????

"

I resigned - simple as that following a load of aggro from 2 particular clannish rooms in chat, but there again, maybe it isn't appropriate for you to ask that question hmmm ?

middle of fife

Now we were advised by a current mod to put this topic up. Now if anyone feels aggrieved by this topic please feel free to take it up with admin. However it was suggested it would be better coming from users rather than the mods.

No one is taking away from what the mods put up with on a daily basis from all sides. And they shouldn't but if we can rid the site of the less desirables then more fun would be had by all.

middle of fife

OK if you say so now but thats not what you said at the time. End of that

"Sorry but not shona and how did your star go bob????

I resigned - simple as that following a load of aggro from 2 particular clannish rooms in chat, but there again, maybe it isn't appropriate for you to ask that question hmmm ?"

"OK if you say so now but thats not what you said at the time. End of that

"

I may have also mentioned 'site politics' and the fact that the Taffs in the Wales room were a bit pissed of at me for banning one of the 'wholesome people' then the calls to 'burn English houses'

Like I summarised before - aggro from clannish rooms ......

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

[Removed by poster at 10/04/11 21:02:03]

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I have taken part in all the threads regarding this topic because i do think its becoming a big problem that needs to be resolved but all i seem see in answer to peoples queries is Mods ranting on about what a difficult job they have yes we already know that hence why suggestions are being ask as to how things can be improved further to help take the pressure off the already over worked mods in here

The questions are being asked to Admin but so far i have seen very little responce from them

The best advice i have saw so far was from lilandlarry to add mods to your hotlists then when any trouble flares up and there is no mod in the room then u can drop them a quick email asking if they are on site and can the come into the room the trouble is happening in

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I havn't seen any mods ranting.

Shona, it isn't worth anyone suggesting anything to maximise your enjoyment in chat as it has never been welcome on these threads, so I won't.

What I will say is Admin have answered before about a list of mods and have said they didn't want one ( I am trying to find the thread but not sure what it was called )

I am sure if they change their minds they will let us all know though

Even better and quicker .... block the 'offender' if a mod ain't around, and report the profile ..

Admin will look at the report and act accordingly.

It's so easy I just cannot understand what the problem is here - maybe I'm just stupid or something ?

At the end of the day, block the perceived rule breaker, and so long as your chatroom experience isn't comprimised (which it won't be if you have blocked the problem) why worry about it ??

If everyone does this, the directors and other assholes in chat won't get a rise from anyone and will eventually give up. It's a form of self moderation ...

middle of fife

Sorry but am tearing this post apart

"Even better and quicker .... block the 'offender' if a mod ain't around, and report the profile ..

As stated above and ignored the limit is 200 in new rooms unless has been fixed and not posted on the forums!!!!!!

Admin will look at the report and act accordingly.

It's so easy I just cannot understand what the problem is here - maybe I'm just stupid or something ?

You said it not us

At the end of the day, block the perceived rule breaker, and so long as your chatroom experience isn't comprimised (which it won't be if you have blocked the problem) why worry about it ??

If everyone does this, the directors and other assholes in chat won't get a rise from anyone and will eventually give up. It's a form of self moderation ...

The scotland room (well the old one) used to do this but is now being over run by them. And the new one at night is called the fith directors room asit is so bad.

The scottish mods spend more times in other rooms than in scotland room.

"

"Well all I can say is that when I was a Mod, I jumped on them like a ton of shite, not just the directors but anyone who broke the rules. They got a warning first off then they got banned if they continued, simple as that. I was fair but I also put up with no shit and guess what ??

I got a bad name for it, so can you now realise why the mods are maybe a little 'softly softly' ?

Either way they can't fucking win, that's a major part of the reason I resigned. Too soft and you get accused of not doing your job, too hard and you a called from a pig to a dog and you get a reprimand from Admin, so there you have it - put yourself in a Mod's shoes and which ever way you cut it, they are fucked good and proper and can never ever win ...."

i agree with red hot i aint a mod either anymore but its the rules now innit a softly softly approach, used to warn em, then kick em, if theystill persisted in room wud ban em. But maybe we need some NEW BLOOD they bringing out tougher behaviour in schools maybe here in chat rooms wouldnt hurt

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok I think the jist of the thread has been lost.

As this subject is coming up a lot lately, I will start a new thread about mods so you can all answer if you want.

Shona, if Admin are about to change their mind about the list or your suggestions they will start another thread, but this is going nowhere fast so I will shut it.