FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > General update needed

General update needed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been on and off fab for a while now and although it's overall a really good site I think a few changes might make everyone happier.

What do you think about these?

Video upload - It would be brilliant if you could upload videos. I know I've got a few that I wouldn't mind showcasing. Lol

Message management - Though you can delete all messages or all read messages, it would be nice to the option to select multiple messages and delete or save some of them.

Bulk delete - It would be great to delete all messages from a particular person. A good conversation can generate a whole LOT of messages.

Message pages - As it stands now unless you delete all your messages as you go along you lose them after the first page. Add pages to index messages better.

Message threads - Like WhatsApp or even a text message, using message threads would group messages into a conversation. It would better organize your messages so you can focus on one or two conversations without having to wade through messages you don't want.

Kinks - There are all sorts of kinks. Maybe adding a few new ones to the selection box would be a good idea. I for one would LOVE to see a BBC option. Lol

Fab App - As much as this thing is mobile friendly an app with a discrete icon that alerts you to things would be great and probably a little better looking than a web version.

I've got a fair few others but thus should do for now. Lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I agree it does need an update

The message system in particular needs to be revised.

"I agree it does need an update

The message system in particular needs to be revised. "

Yea. The IT guy in me is going insane. I've got a list of stuff that would make the site better but I don't even know if anyone from fab is listening. I don't even see a proper "Help" option if someone has issues with the site.

By *axandbooCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Yea. The IT guy in me is going insane. I've got a list of stuff that would make the site better but I don't even know if anyone from fab is listening. I don't even see a proper "Help" option if someone has issues with the site.

"

You can generally bodge a basic app together in a few hours and get it out for beta testing and improvements.

I would say go from a html format to a php based to.....if it comes to costs joomla is free and simple to set up and use and its easy to intergrate

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"joomla is free and simple to set up and use and its easy to intergrate "

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

The help section is below this one in the forum list.

Admin read every suggestion

The help section is below this one in the forum list.

Admin read every suggestion "

Really? That's interesting as I've sent a fair few messages about things and haven't even received a confirmation that the message was delivered, much less a response. Maybe their inbox is full up as well. Lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I didn't say they answer every contact they get.

What I said was they read every suggestion in the forum as that is where the suggestion is.

However, there is an answer for you about any response to mails you send to Admin, you can find them on the FAQ's

https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ

You don't respond to any of our mails.

We do this for fun and get hundreds of mails a day so we can't respond personally to questions about the site or your account. We recommend if you have a problem or can't figure out how something works, you post to the site help forum. If we responded to everything that people sent us, we'd spend all our time (and more!) doing that and not improving/running/fixing the site. Or, we'd have to employ customer service goons to read and respond to questions from a minority of users at everyone's expense and we'd not be able to do as much as we can for so little cost to you. We do read all mail you send and encourage feedback. If you have reported a problem with the site we will fix it.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Some good points made here. I do think the messaging system needs an overhaul. Regard having an app I don't think will or should happen as obviously no one with an apple phone would be able to use it as apple have a strict no adult content rule on their apps. Video upload is tricky I think it would overstretch the already busy admin on here checking them. There are already loads of sites to upload your videos too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The message system in particular needs to be revised. "

I've been saying this for ages!

It's frustrating when feedback and suggestions are continuously ignored

I would love for the banner at the top to be more discreet and for messages not to show in yellow

Recently had someone spot over my shoulder i was on fab ... they couldnt read any of the text but the colour and layout is a dead giveaway if you've ever even seen it once before

That person also happened to be compering an event and outed me on the mic in front of my friends who luckily already knew

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I would love for the banner at the top to be more discreet and for messages not to show in yellow

Recently had someone spot over my shoulder i was on fab ... they couldnt read any of the text but the colour and layout is a dead giveaway if you've ever even seen it once before

That person also happened to be compering an event and outed me on the mic in front of my friends who luckily already knew "

If I'm checking Fab at work I'm constantly looking over my shoulder as one can't be too careful with nosey parkers, people seem too keen on what others are up to and you will generally find the snoopers have bigger dirtier secrets!

Even with site images hidden its the bright yellow inbox and the huge title across the homepage that give it away a mile off

I would love for it to be more discreet

"I would love for the banner at the top to be more discreet and for messages not to show in yellow."

If you use Firefox download a plugin called "uBlock Origin" you can hide any elements on and site such as the banner at the top

I don't use it on this site as don't mind the banner and don't see adverts but on a few other sites I use it alot.

By *ink magnolia s yorksWoman  over a year ago

south yorkshire

You can set it to not show photos x
"I would love for the banner at the top to be more discreet and for messages not to show in yellow

That person also happened to be compering an event and outed me on the mic in front of my friends who luckily already knew

If I'm checking Fab at work I'm constantly looking over my shoulder as one can't be too careful with nosey parkers, people seem too keen on what others are up to and you will generally find the snoopers have bigger dirtier secrets! "

By *AA123Couple  over a year ago

Lichfield

"Even with site images hidden its the bright yellow inbox and the huge title across the homepage that give it away a mile off

I would love for it to be more discreet "

I've raised this before about renoving the site title when you select images off but had no feedback either way on this.

By *AA123Couple  over a year ago

Lichfield

"You can set it to not show photos xI would love for the banner at the top to be more discreet and for messages not to show in yellow

If I'm checking Fab at work I'm constantly looking over my shoulder as one can't be too careful with nosey parkers, people seem too keen on what others are up to and you will generally find the snoopers have bigger dirtier secrets! "

The banner isn't hidden with images off.

The thing with an app, Google and Apple have guidelines you need to adhere to, this includes no nude profile pics.

As fab us such a huge site, it'd be impossible to police.

On another swinging site, it was easy to message the members due to such small numbers.

Video uploads would again be a ballache with so many members. How can you determine who consented to having their faces/bodies/sex acts being uploaded?

Men uploading videos of unsuspecting wives, people posting vids of exes. Or those who secretly film meets. It's a minefield.

» Add a new message to this topic