FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Other countries_

Other countries_

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why don't implement other countries, or at least some regional areas: Europe, Middle East, Asia...

It is a shame that I we cannot correctly place our location now that we moved to Belgium and that people cannot search properly for people in different countries.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

It's not what you want but forums have France, Spain and worldwide where people post meets etc

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What the OP means is that - the ability to set our profile to a specific country would help to find people local to us (without using the GPS search).

Plus - the current system requires a UK postcode - but if day I am in Dubai - I change it the text field to Dubai - I still appear in the UK searches because the postcode setting takes precedence.

This will reduce the number of "which countr are you in messages"

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"What the OP means is that - the ability to set our profile to a specific country would help to find people local to us (without using the GPS search).

Plus - the current system requires a UK postcode - but if day I am in Dubai - I change it the text field to Dubai - I still appear in the UK searches because the postcode setting takes precedence.

This will reduce the number of "which countr are you in messages""

Exactly, even the simple possibility to set your position in the correct country or continent would help...

For the search criterias we are in London

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

OP remember this site is set up for the uk market, it could offer a keyword search, then you would be able to find any local users by searching profiles / forum posts. at the mo you can only search the thread title, or usernames.

One site we use offer a second location as a "travel alert" to use when you travel around or go on holiday, now that works well as it also shows miles away from you,

"What the OP means is that - the ability to set our profile to a specific country would help to find people local to us (without using the GPS search).

This will reduce the number of "which countr are you in messages"

Exactly, even the simple possibility to set your position in the correct country or continent would help...

For the search criterias we are in London "

And most Londoners don't even look before they send you a "fancy a whatever right now" because they think you are in London.

I once set my post code to the Shetland Islands - even though I was in Mexico - and stated I was in Mexico - but still had meet requests from the U.K.

By *uts123Man  over a year ago

Nr Ipswich

If you use the mobile app and switch on the 'see who's near' feature you can see all profiles that are near to your location.

Not sure if this feature is available on the main site, but it is handy when you are not in the UK or are away from your usual postcode.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"If you use the mobile app and switch on the 'see who's near' feature you can see all profiles that are near to your location.

Not sure if this feature is available on the main site, but it is handy when you are not in the UK or are away from your usual postcode."

Thats true but you have to catch the user on-line .

By *uts123Man  over a year ago

Nr Ipswich

"If you use the mobile app and switch on the 'see who's near' feature you can see all profiles that are near to your location.

Not sure if this feature is available on the main site, but it is handy when you are not in the UK or are away from your usual postcode.

Thats true but you have to catch the user on-line . "

Even if they are offline it will show up. The mobile app shows the last 10 people nearest to your current location. If you are a site supporter you get a bigger listing.

Thats true but you have to catch the user on-line .

Even if they are offline it will show up. The mobile app shows the last 10 people nearest to your current location. If you are a site supporter you get a bigger listing."

It's not an ideal solution to just use GPS - what if you are abroad and using a laptop to log on?

Also, it does not show offline users for too long. There is a timer on how long an offline user appears on Who Is Near

By *wotrwuhCouple  over a year ago

NOT IN UK (Fuerteventura)

We agree, we have moved to Fuerteventura but Fabs insists on a UK postcode. Even though we make our location clear on our profile we still attract the 'easily confused/reluctant to read brigade'.

We respect the fact that fabs is a UK based site with no obligation to those outside the U.K. (Who are obviously a small minority) But since we are hoping to meet folk from the UK (on holiday for example) an accurate location and/or search parameter would be a bonus. This would also remove any confusion as to our whereabouts.

As previously stated the 'whose near' and international forums help but are not as comprehensive as they could be.

By *inkycouplespainCouple  over a year ago

Malaga Spain but sometimes Manchester and

"Why don't implement other countries, or at least some regional areas: Europe, Middle East, Asia...

It is a shame that I we cannot correctly place our location now that we moved to Belgium and that people cannot search properly for people in different countries."

I agree 100% we live in Spain but have to put UK we get messages from couples in UK

"We agree, we have moved to Fuerteventura but Fabs insists on a UK postcode. Even though we make our location clear on our profile we still attract the 'easily confused/reluctant to read brigade'.

We respect the fact that fabs is a UK based site with no obligation to those outside the U.K. (Who are obviously a small minority) But since we are hoping to meet folk from the UK (on holiday for example) an accurate location and/or search parameter would be a bonus. This would also remove any confusion as to our whereabouts.

As previously stated the 'whose near' and international forums help but are not as comprehensive as they could be. "

Any hope that this may happen Admin ?

By *unlovers70Couple  over a year ago

Overseas

Totally agree. We are in SE Asia and surprisingly get quite a few on who's near but would be great to set to our country of residence to deter the messages asking if we want a meet today!

Why Complicate it?

"Why Complicate it?"

What do you mean by complicate it?

It would make a lot of travelling lives easier

"Why Complicate it?

What do you mean by complicate it?