FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Distances to potential meets

Distances to potential meets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pidernick OP   Man  over a year ago

Locks Heath (Fareham borough)

Does anyone else find that some of the distances to people when browsing are way out? I find this quite a lot. For example, it tells me that Bath is 40 to 50 miles away from me, whereas it's well over 70! Am I doing anything wrong? Cheers.

Nick

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are you sure it is not the distance in a straight line? Or check your phone shows your correct location?

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Does anyone else find that some of the distances to people when browsing are way out?"

Where are you seeing the distances?

Looking at your profile, it shows you being 190+ miles away (250+ driving). Google Maps suggest 237 miles, driving, so pretty close!

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I always assumed the distances were as the crow flies rather than an actual driven route.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I always assumed the distances were as the crow flies rather than an actual driven route."

They are. When i lived on the wirral it showed speke as being less than three miles. Well it was by boat lol

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I always assumed the distances were as the crow flies rather than an actual driven route."

Has to be as the crow flies from centre of one post code to another. That's relatively simply maths when you have a database of postcode coordinates. Distances via roads require vastly more complicated calculations.

» Add a new message to this topic