FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Distance filter.

Distance filter.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just an idea,

Like we have got a message filter for age we can opt in and out of, is it possible to have one for distance.

For example, if you are only looking for people 50 mile away max, you could enter 50 mile thus only getting messages from peeps within that range.

Would save people grumbling when we respond to a message to say sorry but to far.

Tony

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not a good idea then I guess

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

I think it's a good idea. I'd like to see it based on post code, as you get on other sites (both swinging and non-swinging).

Currently I have to do multiple searches. I can't just search all of the South West because it's such a large region and I'd get profiles from people in Devon and Cornwall or are hundreds of miles away.

So instead I use the "first part of postcode" search... but that's not great because I live in Swindon, but there are lots of other places easily within reach, such as Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bristol, Gloucester, Reading, etc... If I want to search for those towns & cities then l have to do multiple "first part of postcode" searches.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

"I think it's a good idea. I'd like to see it based on post code, as you get on other sites (both swinging and non-swinging).

Currently I have to do multiple searches. I can't just search all of the South West because it's such a large region and I'd get profiles from people in Devon and Cornwall or are hundreds of miles away.

So instead I use the "first part of postcode" search... but that's not great because I live in Swindon, but there are lots of other places easily within reach, such as Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bristol, Gloucester, Reading, etc... If I want to search for those towns & cities then l have to do multiple "first part of postcode" searches."

Why not use the advanced search, where you can specify a list of "first part of postcodes" that you want to look for, AND save that search to run again whenever you need it? We have a search saved that looks for PE, NR and LN postcodes all in one list.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Didn't realise you could put multiple postcode prefixes in the saved search... thanks for the tip. Gonna go and have a play (with the search I mean)

» Add a new message to this topic