FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Name and shame,abusive statuses loopholes

Name and shame,abusive statuses loopholes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arlingcheeks! OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cheshire

Some members seem to use the local updates to criticise others and name them,possibly just because they have a unsubstantiated personal grievance and want to vent. If they did it in the forum then action would more likely be taken by admin. .Surely the same rules should apply to profiles and statuses as to forum posts? What do people think ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Didn't think you were allowed to do it via status either. I'm sure it would get reported and removed by admin?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am sure, if it gets reported then admin would deal with it. But without that report it's probably pot luck if admin stumble across it ......

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

If you see them just report the profile like you told me you are already doing.

Slightly off topic, but the statuses asking particular usernames to message them really bug me too .

Cheshire

Generally I think people who do this know it will take a while for any action to be taken so they think they can act with impunity .If a mandatory immediate ban was imposed then maybe they wouldn't chance it .I don't think a warning is enough for malice masquerading as advice to others.

Have seen this a lot locally over the last couple of days.

I always assumed admin took them down, but I guess they have to be reported to them to do so.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Some members seem to use the local updates to criticise others and name them,possibly just because they have a unsubstantiated personal grievance and want to vent. If they did it in the forum then action would more likely be taken by admin. .Surely the same rules should apply to profiles and statuses as to forum posts? What do people think ? "

They do...report the profile please

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

I think they should allow it so we know what's happening around us lol

By *rwhite30Man  over a year ago

deptford London

but some one could be telling porkie pies

Cheshire

"but some one could be telling porkie pies"

"Slightly off topic, but the statuses asking particular usernames to message them really bug me too ."

Yes I hate those.

When going through my “Looked @ Me” I find some from guys who aren’t within my filters asking me to message them. Not gonna happen!

Totally detest those statuses. Asking you to contact them

"Slightly off topic, but the statuses asking particular usernames to message them really bug me too ."

"Some members seem to use the local updates to criticise others and name them,possibly just because they have a unsubstantiated personal grievance and want to vent. If they did it in the forum then action would more likely be taken by admin. .Surely the same rules should apply to profiles and statuses as to forum posts? What do people think ? "

No problem with helpful public information on profiles or in the forums. Old and wise enough to make a judgement call on it and all information is good,

» Add a new message to this topic