FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > telephone numbers

telephone numbers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I know its against forum rules to post telephone numbers but would it be possible if we could have some numbers allowed. Helplines, crisis teams samaritans those sort of numbers i think it might benefit some members.

thankyou

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Great idea.

Or somewhere on the site for useful contacts that members can be directed to.

Nita

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Great idea Diamond

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I know its against forum rules to post telephone numbers but would it be possible if we could have some numbers allowed. Helplines, crisis teams samaritans those sort of numbers i think it might benefit some members.

thankyou"

A good idea at any time, but particularly useful at Christmas.

Absolutely agree.

Good shout

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

An excellent idea

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Really good idea, plus the NHS helplines that are posted clearly on their website, they cover all sorts there. Good post OP.

"I know its against forum rules to post telephone numbers but would it be possible if we could have some numbers allowed. Helplines, crisis teams samaritans those sort of numbers i think it might benefit some members.

thankyou"

Absolutely.

Given posting links aren’t even hyperlinked on the site, the ability to post some key phone and website data for crisis scenarios such as suicidal ideation, mental health general, victim support, domestic violence etc would make sense and go some way to demonstrating a clear duty of care by the site for its members especially when it is understandably impossible to reply to admin contacts at such high volumes.

It seems rather nonsensical to disallow these when one can post a link to a YouTube video.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

thankyou

Absolutely.

Given posting links aren’t even hyperlinked on the site, the ability to post some key phone and website data for crisis scenarios such as suicidal ideation, mental health general, victim support, domestic violence etc would make sense and go some way to demonstrating a clear duty of care by the site for its members especially when it is understandably impossible to reply to admin contacts at such high volumes.

It seems rather nonsensical to disallow these when one can post a link to a YouTube video."

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think it’s an excellent idea

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I can't see why it shouldn't be allowed, great idea

Yep. Excellent idea x

We would fully support this and have posted along the lines before.

thankyou"

Great idea!

"I can't see why it shouldn't be allowed, great idea"

Great idea x

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Think it's a great idea.

Hope admin adopt it.

If it helps only one person then it should be done

100% behind this

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Excellent idea ,

Great idea x

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

Great idea x

Great idea. Maybe fab could have a help page somewhere so they control the posting of numbers ?

Rules are rules!! Break them at your peril you have been warned!! The site dont have any duty of care hence reason its full of morons. I support the idea but cant see it happening.

In a town Fab forgot

I'm genuinely pleased that for once, a site suggestion has been 100% endorsed by every poster.

Good work!!!!!

Please Admin, make this happen.

I think it's a great idea given how many threads on here there are about mental health

Great idea.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't talk about forum bans.

To the OP, you could always mention what people have to google for

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Ok I will try again as my previous post was removed.

Being allowed to post certain phone numbers, having a help section we can direct people to and relaxing the rules a little on what links we are allowed to post are all a good idea.

We have all seen people on the forums who are distressed, often having a mental health crisis and the regular forum users are good people who always try to help. Being able to post phone numbers and links to organisations who can help them is far more useful than being allowed to post links to you tube videos!

Are we not moving away from the fact it's a swingers site ??

All numbers required can easily be found on Google !

You don't go on Thomson to book your holiday or love honey to buy a dildo and at checkout it says oh by the way if your feeling down call 0800 bla bla

It's not a helpline site

In a town Fab forgot

"Are we not moving away from the fact it's a swingers site ??

You don't go on Thomson to book your holiday or love honey to buy a dildo and at checkout it says oh by the way if your feeling down call 0800 bla bla

It's not a helpline site

"

You've obviously not seen the outpourings of support among the swinging community for people who are in distress.

The key word, community.

People to people.

People connecting with more than their genitals.

In a town Fab forgot

"Ok I will try again as my previous post was removed.

Being allowed to post certain phone numbers, having a help section we can direct people to and relaxing the rules a little on what links we are allowed to post are all a good idea.

We have all seen people on the forums who are distressed, often having a mental health crisis and the regular forum users are good people who always try to help. Being able to post phone numbers and links to organisations who can help them is far more useful than being allowed to post links to you tube videos!"

This. ^^^^^

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

It's not a helpline site

"

Perhaps you've never experienced a crisis like this yourself so I will explain how it works - or at least how I felt (I got help and support from a different forum to this one).

You can't think straight. Yes, it's easy to google stuff but your mind won't allow you to do simple stuff like this. You are in a very deep, dark place and feel helpless. You can feel like you are running away from everyone and everything but you are on a treadmill and are going nowhere fast.

When you post about it on a forum it is a cry for help. Reaching out and asking for help is very difficult and takes massive courage. Lots of people see mental health issues as being weak and don't want to admit they need help. When people post about it on forums its often the first time they have acknowledged they have a problem and is the first step to finding the help that they desperately need. Getting a compassionate and supportive response with good information on where to find the help that they need can quite literally be a life saver.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

The issue I see is that like other things, it's open to abuse. Some numpty could find it funny to post a helpline number and give out their ex's or next door neighbours who has been pissing them off, or even a number of a completely unrelated helpline.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Great idea. Maybe fab could have a help page somewhere so they control the posting of numbers ? "
I think that's a more sensible idea than allowing phone numbers to be posted on the forums. Create a page with a list of official numbers that Admin have checked and if someone appeals for help, they can be pointed there.

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Great idea. Maybe fab could have a help page somewhere so they control the posting of numbers ? I think that's a more sensible idea than allowing phone numbers to be posted on the forums. Create a page with a list of official numbers that Admin have checked and if someone appeals for help, they can be pointed there."
i would agree with this. The idea came about as i know a few people have been frustrated over not being able to post numbers. Your idea is better than mine

You could have just a page for numbers that is locked to stop others putting numbers on but only admin can post. You email admin with a number suggestion for a support line.

I think that might work.

By *arren the doggerMan  over a year ago

willenhall

Great idea .does anyone know the Samaritans number anyway? I need some help

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It's not a helpline site

Perhaps you've never experienced a crisis like this yourself so I will explain how it works - or at least how I felt (I got help and support from a different forum to this one).

You can't think straight. Yes, it's easy to google stuff but your mind won't allow you to do simple stuff like this.

."

Finding a number on google would be the same as finding one on a forum

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I guess it’s like this .

Some folk spend a lot of time on sites like this so the important numbers could be easily accessible on the site .

I’m on a gaming forum and they have a crisis section with all the relevant numbers from the Samaritan’s to gambling addiction issues . Fab could do the same couldn’t it ?

In a town Fab forgot

"I guess it’s like this .

Some folk spend a lot of time on sites like this so the important numbers could be easily accessible on the site .

I’m on a gaming forum and they have a crisis section with all the relevant numbers from the Samaritan’s to gambling addiction issues . Fab could do the same couldn’t it ? "

It could.

Brilliant idea!

Welcome back, DS

Great idea.. especially the time of year

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Great idea. Maybe fab could have a help page somewhere so they control the posting of numbers ? "

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple  over a year ago

chester

thankyou"

Most of those are already in the appropriate pages in your phone book.

If not, perhaps we should remind them Google has been invented?

By *am33notyMan  over a year ago

ilford

Hi I'm kam from ilford and I'm here looking for someone to meet up and see what next

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Hi I'm kam from ilford and I'm here looking for someone to meet up and see what next "

Welcome to the forum, you will be better off starting a thread in the meet section

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd fully support this. On a separate point, info could also be given for sexual health matters.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

thankyou

Absolutely.

It seems rather nonsensical to disallow these when one can post a link to a YouTube video.

"

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

It's not a helpline site

"

That's not quite true: thanks to this virus...

The Ask for ANI scheme allows those at risk or suffering from abuse to discreetly signal that they need help and access support. By asking for ANI, a trained pharmacy worker will offer a private space where they can understand if the victim needs to speak to the police or would like help to access support services such as a national or local domestic abuse helplines.

As an essential retailer based on high streets across the country, and with specifically trained staff, pharmacies can provide a safe space for victims to sound an alarm if they are isolated at home with their abuser and unable to get help in another way.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Don't see why there can't be a pinned post or section of the forums with this kind of information on, along with web addresses for the same.

» Add a new message to this topic