FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Location

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would it be worthwhile changing the location settings to be county based? I mean ‘North West’ and ‘North East’ are huge

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eresa_cdslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Bodmin

Lol some counties are huge too personally I refuse to travel further than 30 mins. Which means in summer here not far at all because of the poor roads and holiday traffic!!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It'd be nice to narrow down searches. For some things it doesn't matter, but being able to say "who's looking to meet within (reasonable travel time from me)" rather than in a huge area, would be nice.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Lol some counties are huge too personally I refuse to travel further than 30 mins. Which means in summer here not far at all because of the poor roads and holiday traffic!!"

Likewise!

"Would it be worthwhile changing the location settings to be county based? I mean ‘North West’ and ‘North East’ are huge "

Try living in West Cornwall!! SW includes Bournemouth, Gloucester and Swindon!!

East of England's an official region, but on fab Suffolk is in the East Midlands.

By *exyJ-and-HornyGCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster area

We completely agree, the current search areas are ridiculous.

Example: we're in Doncaster and search *East Midlands*. The list includes Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln, King's Lynne, Peterborough, Milton Keynes, Leicester, Ipswich, Great Yarmouth... So *local* events are as far down as Essex, but Goole, Hull, York don't appear in the same area.

We would strongly prefer search by location. The site already uses this feature in user search, so it is an easy alteration to change the meet search to this style too.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"It'd be nice to narrow down searches. For some things it doesn't matter, but being able to say "who's looking to meet within (reasonable travel time from me)" rather than in a huge area, would be nice. "

we get local meets as far as Leeds and Hull both over 2hrs drive on motorways not what I would call "local"

"It'd be nice to narrow down searches. For some things it doesn't matter, but being able to say "who's looking to meet within (reasonable travel time from me)" rather than in a huge area, would be nice. "

But if you use the old search. You can search by postcode.

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

You can do this in the browse facility, search within so many miles of your postcode, with those looking to meet today, accommodate, age , gender etc. Granted you can't look a day or so in advance.

» Add a new message to this topic