FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Auto deleting pics

Auto deleting pics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hlovers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside & Isle of Man

We fully appreciate that the option to send pics on an auto-delete basis offers people some degree of extra security and assurance that their faces are only visible for a limited amount of time to the recipient (unless they take a screen shot of course which kind of defeats the object) but...............

Can there not be some sort of indicator used to let the recipient know when the sender has sent pics using the auto delete facility?

The issue we have with this as a couple is that if one of us opens the message while the other is at work or out then quite often the pics have gone by the time the other gets an opportunity to look.

This leads to having to request the sender to resend the pics which can feel awkward and leads to doubt on the part of the sender as to whether they are communicating with a genuine committed couple.

With an indicator next to any such pics the recipient would have the option of not opening the message until an appropriate time when both would be able to view the attachment.

Opinions please?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just read the message then mark as unread until your other half has read it

"Just read the message then mark as unread until your other half has read it "

Yeah but the pic deletes automatically after message is opened

"Just read the message then mark as unread until your other half has read it

Yeah but the pic deletes automatically after message is opened"

I thought it deleted after a couple of hours of being opened not instantly?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Just read the message then mark as unread until your other half has read it

Yeah but the pic deletes automatically after message is opened"

I was told by an adminny type person it was 24 hrs so I tend to delete as soon as I've seen the message has been read.

Merseyside & Isle of Man

It seems to be within a couple of hours of the message first being opened so opening it and marking it as unread is not a solution if your partner is at work on a 8 or 9 hours shift.

Merseyside & Isle of Man

[Removed by poster at 16/01/19 18:54:51]

Merseyside & Isle of Man

"It seems to be within a couple of hours of the message first being opened so opening it and marking it as unread is not a solution if your partner is at work on a 8 or 9 hours shift."

It's certainly nothing like 24 hours!!!

By *andaele50Couple  over a year ago

Fcuksville

I had one today and was gone when i reoped the email seconds after opening it and i dont think where online at the time so i thought it was an automatic thing. So onlybone of us saw the pics

[Removed by poster at 16/01/19 21:53:49]

"We fully appreciate that the option to send pics on an auto-delete basis offers people some degree of extra security and assurance that their faces are only visible for a limited amount of time to the recipient (unless they take a screen shot of course which kind of defeats the object) but...............

Can there not be some sort of indicator used to let the recipient know when the sender has sent pics using the auto delete facility?

The issue we have with this as a couple is that if one of us opens the message while the other is at work or out then quite often the pics have gone by the time the other gets an opportunity to look.

This leads to having to request the sender to resend the pics which can feel awkward and leads to doubt on the part of the sender as to whether they are communicating with a genuine committed couple.

With an indicator next to any such pics the recipient would have the option of not opening the message until an appropriate time when both would be able to view the attachment.

Opinions please?"

Merseyside & Isle of Man

"I had one today and was gone when i reoped the email seconds after opening it and i dont think where online at the time so i thought it was an automatic thing. So onlybone of us saw the pics "

That's pretty well what's happening to us too. Just think it would be so much better if we had the option of postponing the opening of a message with a face pic attached to an appropriate time when we could view it together.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I had one today and was gone when i reoped the email seconds after opening it and i dont think where online at the time so i thought it was an automatic thing. So onlybone of us saw the pics

That's pretty well what's happening to us too. Just think it would be so much better if we had the option of postponing the opening of a message with a face pic attached to an appropriate time when we could view it together. "

You do. Don't open it until you are both together if you see the attachment icon.

Someone can send a direct photo and if you don't read it when their online they can delete it on their side

Merseyside & Isle of Man

"I had one today and was gone when i reoped the email seconds after opening it and i dont think where online at the time so i thought it was an automatic thing. So onlybone of us saw the pics

That's pretty well what's happening to us too. Just think it would be so much better if we had the option of postponing the opening of a message with a face pic attached to an appropriate time when we could view it together.

You do. Don't open it until you are both together if you see the attachment icon. "

Not really a practical solution if you're in the middle of a conversation with a new couple though

» Add a new message to this topic